• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ezzran

Ezzran
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

I got this error when I was trying to install BGT:
Posted Image

What? Why would the file be too big for WeiDU?
I've installed BGT on this computer before, so I know that can't be it. And I installed Baldur's Gate the same way. I'm using the GOG.com version of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II, so it has all the expansions and it should have everything installed properly. As far as I know, nothing should have changed from the last time I did this installation.

The game and mod were both completely uninstalled at some point before reinstalling everything this time around. I have not installed any other mods on top of this, unless the Widescreen mod is included in the GOG installation. Which would make sense come to think of it. Not sure what else would cause the video to be almost 5 times the max size for WeiDU, especially since I've installed this version of BG before, and BGT worked fine that time. :/

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

That looks like the correct size (mine is 54,513,250). I'm unsure why WeiDU chokes on it, seems really weird.
If it worked before, perhaps there were some left over files from the previous install. Did you delete the game directories entirely before re-installing?
MOVE + ~bg1movie/intro15f.mve~ ~bg1movie/soaintro.mve~

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 Ezzran

Ezzran
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Re-installing the games? No, but the directories were empty. That I DID check. When it popped up with "This folder already exists" I checked to make sure I didn't already have the game installed xD

Also, I did try redownloading and re-installing both Baldur's Gate 1 and BGT. Neither particularly helped. I also tried not biffing the files. I'm kind of at a loss. I might go do some searching for WeiDU on its own, so I can check that.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

C drive, Program Files folder :doh: ... install the BG2 game somewhere the folder is not protected by insanity on the windows_over_protection_act.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Ezzran

Ezzran
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

The current path is C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate\
and <same>\Baldurs Gate II\

No apostrophe :P I checked that first. I'll try moving everything over to C:\Games\Baldurs Gate (II)\ or something.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

I'll try moving everything over to C:\Games\Baldurs Gate (II)\ or something.

Try as you might, you might not get all that you want there .. trust me, it's better if you uninstall and then reinstall to the new folders... and then never install any games made before the 2007-2008 to a folder that has the "Program Files" as part of it or your saves won't be safe.

#7 -James-

-James-

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

I'm having this same issue and I'm not installed to Program Files. I have a separate hard drive that has all my applications that I mirror as a folder. My path is C:\Applications\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate and I'm getting the same error. Any thoughts? I know this worked for me before when I had installed 1.08 awhile back.

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

I don't think MOVE will work for a large file? There was a discussion about it a while back on PPG as I recall. Not sure if the code was different before - COPY_LARGE should accomplish the same thing though, no?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

If other people are having the same problem, please post here. I haven't had any problem with this. Can clarify with the bigg about MOVE for large files.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#10 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

Would the beta version of weidu help or does it just increase the number of files that it can handle?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Would the beta version of weidu help or does it just increase the number of files that it can handle?

Among other things the beta is used to check if the external mods get cheesed by the updates it gets... so my definite advice is not to use the beta as the base weidu.exe as there's no guarantees ... of course you can link it up to the eXpert compilation...

#12 Ezzran

Ezzran
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I had to wipe my computer entirely just after posting this (because of weird problems). So now we're going to try this again on a COMPLETELY clean installation. I'll come back with information on what happens.

UPDATE: Worked fine this time. Not sure what changed. Perhaps it has something to do with registry data or something?
For reference, I installed the games to C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate\ and GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\

Not sure why it didn't work before, but it does now. *shrug*

Edited by Ezzran, 07 January 2013 - 02:57 PM.