Dace Bugs Thread

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

I have a bit of a problem with Dace, currently. My PC is romancing her (romanceactive = 2) and we've been in the Underdark a little while - just as far as the deep gnomes.

Her music started but the flirt menu appeared and keeps popping up repeatedly.

Romancetalks is 10

Susstalks is 26

Timeforflirt is 0

Daceunderdark is 2

In party I have my PC (male bard), Anomen, Imoen, Valygar and Dace.

WeiDU:

Spoiler

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

I think I know the answer. Found this block:

//ROM SOA 6 Mage
IF ~Global("T#DaceRomanceTalks","GLOBAL",11) OR(4) Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC) Class(Player1,MAGE_THIEF) Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE) Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL) Class(Player1,SORCERER) Class(Player1,BARD_ALL)~ T#DI4mage_1
  SAY ~Okay, now, I've been watchin' you for some time now, darlin', and I really need to ask you a question.~ [t#dac184]
  ++ ~I'm sure your need is absolutely dire.~ DO ~RealSetGlobalTimer("T#DaceRomanceTalksTimer","GLOBAL",2700) IncrementGlobal("T#DaceRomanceTalks","GLOBAL",1)~ + T#DI4mage_2
  ++ ~Go ahead.~ DO ~RealSetGlobalTimer("T#DaceRomanceTalksTimer","GLOBAL",2700) IncrementGlobal("T#DaceRomanceTalks","GLOBAL",1)~ + T#DI4mage_2
  ++ ~Sure, anything.~ DO ~RealSetGlobalTimer("T#DaceRomanceTalksTimer","GLOBAL",2700) IncrementGlobal("T#DaceRomanceTalks","GLOBAL",1)~ + T#DI4mage_2
  ++ ~I can't wait~ DO ~RealSetGlobalTimer("T#DaceRomanceTalksTimer","GLOBAL",2700) IncrementGlobal("T#DaceRomanceTalks","GLOBAL",1)~ + T#DI4mage_2
END

There is this OR(4) thing while it should be OR(6), I guess. You may try to open the t#dacej and change it to OR(6) and reinstall. However, that would reinstall EPortraits and QuestPack. You may also try to use DLTCEP and try to change the OR by editing the talk. Not sure how it's going to work, though, as I never used DLTCEP to edit dlg that's already installed to fix the talk.

#3 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

I'm not too comfortable with those kind of edits (largely because I'd be worried about screwing things up). Is there something I can change using Shadowkeeper?

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Uhm... not sure... you may try changing your class just for this one talk - let's say for a thief - and then change it back to bard when the talk is over. I'm just not sure what's going to happen to your spells when you're bard again (not sure if they'll be there or not) and... really, not sure if that would work... (but since SK creates a new, edited save, I suppose you may give it a try)

Fixing the talks and reinstallation would be the right answer but we may wait for Liam's response.

#5 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Changing the class should get you through the talk, at least, yeah, though I'd be worried about those spells also. You could also just set T#DaceRomanceTalks to 12 to skip the talk entirely until it's fixed.

#6 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Yeah I'd rather skip it than mess around with my class. Eh, typical - the one time I pick a bard over a fighter-type and it's broken! Heh.

#7 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

since it will be a different save, I would suggest trying the class trick. You can always use the original save and skip the talk if the trick won't work

#8 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Changing the class didn't work - I changed him to mage in Shadowkeeper and got the same bug.

Advancing the talks to 12 did work, however, so I'll stick with that. Shame to miss out on a talk though.

#9 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

'Cause in the block I posted was for all arcane spellcasters :P That's why I mentioned thief :P All arcane spellcasters will get this bug.

...but nevermind :) The important thing is that you got through it.

#10 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Ah! Silly me.

#11 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

:D  (Huh, maybe I just should have explained what's the problem more carefully, but... you know, I am a bit busy as I'm doing my best to pass all the exams...sorry  :blush:  )

Have fun with Dace, Cal :)

#12 Mario

Mario
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm playing ranger and had that talk without problems. I guess the bug is for the spellcasting classes.

#13 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

I've run into a stutter bug in Watcher's Keep in ToB. It occurs on level 4 (Carston's level) if you go into the mind flayer area. The flirts menu pops up again and Dace and the PC keep facing each other. If you try to do anything with Dace, she is "busy".

I got around the problem by leaving her upstairs while the rest of the party dealt with the mind flayers. She didn't have a problem in the gith section.

#14 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Couple more during the endgame.

Dace has an interjection after beating Mel for the first time (after which it goes to a brief cutscene where she retreats into the middle and the path to the first mana pool opens). Anyway, the interject interrupts this and the game just freezes there. The only way to get out of it is to Ctrl-Alt-Del or Alt-Tab out of it (or use the Windows key) and close it externally. Rather, uh, fatal. I managed to work around it by killing Dace (Ctrl-Y) so she was dead when Mel opened the first pool and couldn't interject. Then I resurrected her and the rest of the battle went as normal.

However, her epilogue screen did not appear afterwards. I don't know if this was tied to the battle or if there's a top or bottom thing missing in the code. I did read the epilogues in Infinity Explorer, but still, there it is.

#15 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I had a problem, but don't know for certain if Dace caused it or not.  It happened on her "watch," so to speak, so I'll post it.

I was in the Planar Sphere and she got killed at one point.  Since I wanted to branch off games to romance her and have a save to go on with Adrian, I let her stay dead for awhile.  Then, I ran into an awful situation.  My party was unable to rest.  I tried and tried, and always got the "You can't rest at this time" message.  GAH!

So, for the hell of it, I resurrected her, tried to rest, and it worked!  I hit "rest" and she propositioned my pc.  It seems to me that I couldn't rest when she was dead because she didn't have her say.  I also found out that the only way I could bypass this issue was if she was dead and I replaced her with another NPC.  Then my game recognised her death and it went okay from there. 

Anyone else have this happen?  I can post my old install if necessary.  I've since done a new one because I think the issue may have been that I forgot to install the G3 Fixpack.  I also posted that install in the Adrian Forum under "Heartbroken..." 

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#16 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Setepenre--definitely Dace, fixed in the v1.2 I've just uploaded.

All bugs here fixed in v1.2

#17 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Woo hoo!  Thank you, K'aeloree!  Downloading NOW.  :D

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

#18 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Thank you! I enjoyed Dace very much despite the bugs. The voicing is some of the best I've heard in a mod.

#19 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

OMG... well, I could title this "Double the Fun."  Unless it's just my install (my new one but the previous Dace version because I don't know yet if I can install the new one over it) she is also in Trademeet in the Promenade.  O_O  I haven't dared speak with her...but isn't that a bit persistant, even for her?  :D  Oh, and for the record, in the game I'm running I dodged her in Waukeen's, so I haven't spoken with her at all.  Maybe she is also a Stalker and I just didn't know it.  ;)

#20 Beetle

Beetle
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

First off - thanks for finishing this mod! I remember when the original Dace webpage went up years ago.

**** MINOR SPOILER ****

I just encountered a bug in my Dace 1.1 game that isn't on the 1.2 list of fixes. I had picked Kitthix and used it a couple of times. While in the Planar Sphere (I don't think that matters), Dace initiated a dialogue asking me to stop summoning the spider. Then she immediately began initiating other dialogues expressing increasing levels of unhappiness with Kitthix until she eventually started over again with the first one. This cycle kept repeating.

I'm going to restart with Dace 1.2 but I don't think I'll be picking up Kitthix this time...

Edited by Beetle, 09 February 2013 - 05:26 PM.

"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to anger. No, wait, hold on. Fear leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side. Hold on, no... First you get the women, then you get the money, then you... Okay, can we forget that?" - Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer