• 745 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Posted Image

File Name: WeiDU Highlighter for Notepad++
File Submitter: Argent77
File Submitted: 22 Feb 2013
File Category: IE Modding Tools

The package includes highlighters for:
  • WeiDU_TP2.xml: WeiDU script files (*.tp2,*.tph,*.tpa,*.tpp)
  • WeiDU_BAF.xml: Script text files (*.baf)
  • WeiDU_D.xml: WeiDU dialog files (*.d)
  • WeiDU_TRA.xml: WeiDU translation files (*.tra)
The syntax highlighter files work in Notepad++ v6.3 and later. You can find the editor here.

Installing the highlighter definitions is very easy. Just open Notepad++, select Language->Define your language..., use the Import button to install the respective XML files and restart Notepad++. You should see the new entries at the bottom of the Language menu. For more detailed instructions see the readme.

The color schemes and keyword lists can be easily customized using Notepad++'s edit capabilities.

Versions for older Notepad++ releases can still be found somewhere in this thread.

Note:
As more and more keywords will been added to the highlighter files, Notepad++ may become slower to apply the color schemes. This is especially apparent when you switch tabs or change view modes within Notepad++.
That's why I'm offering the package WeiDU Syntax Highlighters 'Light' for Notepad++ as an alternative. It reduces the number of keywords to a bare minimum.

Have fun! :)

Click here to download this file

#2 Ulb

Ulb
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for this.

With the amount of errors I get, even while creating the most simplistic tp2 files, this really is a godsend to me. :)

Edited by Ulb, 05 April 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4149 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Wanted to report a small annoyance with the recent Notepad++ versions (I'm on v6.5) :P

Lines like

AUTO_TRA ~Grimuars/Translation/%s~

Cause the entire code beneath them to go blue because of the single %

Spoiler

I have minimal UDL understanding but worked around it by preventing the %% delimiter from nesting with the ~~ delimiter. (but now variables inside ~~'s are not hightlighted :()

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 Argent77

Argent77
  • 745 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

Yes, this is a limitation of Notepad++'s highlighting syntax. This issue has been mentioned in the included readme (and also a way around it), but if it's too annoying, I can disable it by default. That will remove all variable-related highlighting however.

#5 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

@Argent77

I must say this is a fantastic tool. I can't believe all the time I wasted without this. Thank you.

#6 Argent77

Argent77
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:33 PM

I have moved the WeiDU Highlighter project to GitHub. If you can't wait for the next official release, you can always download the most up-to-date package from the development branch on GitHub by clicking on "Download ZIP" on the right side of the page.

#7 Argent77

Argent77
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:24 AM

New update: WeiDU Highlighter for Notepad++ 3.10

Changes:

• Added new TP2 keywords introduced in WeiDU 239.
  • Added a missing RACE.IDS identifier.
  • Added fixed versions of misspelled EigthNearestEnemyOfType and EigthNearestMyGroupOfType object specifiers.
  • Fixed misspelled FIND_FREE_PRVZ_INDEX function name.
  • Moved CREATE from patch to action category.

#8 Argent77

Argent77
  • 745 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

New update: WeiDU Highlighter for Notepad++ 3.11

Changes:

• Added new script actions, triggers, object specifiers and symbols introduced in EE game engine v2.0
  • Added new keywords introduced in WeiDU 240

#9 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:48 AM

Thank you  :Bow:

If you wanna make enemies try to change something...

BiG World Setup

Guide/FAQ | Download | Changelog | Twitter

Infinity Engine Game Launcher - tool for fixing *.ini files and registry entries for Infinity Engine games like BG, BG II, IWD, IWD II and Planescape:Torment

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: highlighter, notepad++, WeiDU