Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Posted Image

File Name: WeiDU Highlighter for Notepad++
File Submitter: Argent77
File Submitted: 22 Feb 2013
File Category: IE Modding Tools

The package provides

Syntax highlighting support for:
  • TP2 files (*.tp2, *.tph, *.tpa, *.tpp)
  • BAF files (*.baf)
  • D files (*.d)
  • TRA file (*.tra)

Auto-Completion support for:
  • TP2 files (*.tp2, *.tph, *.tpa, *.tpp)
  • BAF files (*.baf)
  • D files (*.d)

Syntax highlighting and auto-completion files require Notepad++ 6.3 or higher. You can find the editor here.

Setting up Syntax Highlighting
  • Open the file manager and enter the path "%AppData%\Notepad++\userDefineLangs" (without the quotes) into the address bar. The path should resolve to "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\userDefineLangs" (on Windows Vista or later). Alternatively, open Notepad++ and select menu Language > User Defined Language > Open User Defined Language folder...
  • If the folder "userDefineLangs" doesn't exist yet, create it.
  • Copy all desired highlighter XML files from the "userDefineLangs" subfolder of the zip archive into the folder.
  • Restart Notepad++ to make the changes visible. You should now see new entries (WeiDU_TP2, WeiDU_BAF, ...) in the Language menu.

Setting up Auto-Completion
  • Open the file manager and navigate to the directory where Notepad++ is installed. By default Notepad++ is installed in "C:\Program Files\Notepad++" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++". Alternatively, use Windows Search to find the location of "notepad++.exe".
  • Open the subfolder "autoCompletion" and copy all desired auto-completion XML files from the "autoCompletion" subfolder of the zip archive into the folder. Elevated privileges may be needed for the copy operation.
  • Start or restart Notepad++ and navigate to menu Setting > Preferences. Select "Auto-Completion" in the options list and activate the checkbox "Enable auto-completion on each input". Choose "Function and word completion" and enable the "Function parameters hint on input" checkbox. Close the Preferences dialog.
The color schemes and keyword lists can be easily customized using Notepad++'s edit capabilities.

Alternate download: GitHub

Versions for older Notepad++ releases can still be found somewhere in this thread.

Have fun! :)

Click here to download this file

#2 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for this.

With the amount of errors I get, even while creating the most simplistic tp2 files, this really is a godsend to me. :)

Edited by Ulb, 05 April 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Wanted to report a small annoyance with the recent Notepad++ versions (I'm on v6.5) :P

Lines like

AUTO_TRA ~Grimuars/Translation/%s~

Cause the entire code beneath them to go blue because of the single %

Spoiler

I have minimal UDL understanding but worked around it by preventing the %% delimiter from nesting with the ~~ delimiter. (but now variables inside ~~'s are not hightlighted :()

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

Yes, this is a limitation of Notepad++'s highlighting syntax. This issue has been mentioned in the included readme (and also a way around it), but if it's too annoying, I can disable it by default. That will remove all variable-related highlighting however.

#5 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

@Argent77

I must say this is a fantastic tool. I can't believe all the time I wasted without this. Thank you.

#6 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:33 PM

I have moved the WeiDU Highlighter project to GitHub. If you can't wait for the next official release, you can always download the most up-to-date package from the development branch on GitHub by clicking on "Download ZIP" on the right side of the page.

#7 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:24 AM

New update: WeiDU Highlighter for Notepad++ 3.10

Changes:

• Added new TP2 keywords introduced in WeiDU 239.
  • Added a missing RACE.IDS identifier.
  • Added fixed versions of misspelled EigthNearestEnemyOfType and EigthNearestMyGroupOfType object specifiers.
  • Fixed misspelled FIND_FREE_PRVZ_INDEX function name.
  • Moved CREATE from patch to action category.

#8 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

New update: WeiDU Highlighter for Notepad++ 3.11

Changes:

• Added new script actions, triggers, object specifiers and symbols introduced in EE game engine v2.0
  • Added new keywords introduced in WeiDU 240

#9 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

New update: WeiDU Highlighter for Notepad++ 3.12

Changes:

• Added double quote string delimiter support to WeiDU_TRA
  • Added colored text delimiter to WeiDU_TRA
  • Added new keywords introduced in WeiDU 241
  • Added convenience trigger command TriggerOverride

#10 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

New update: WeiDU Highlighter for Notepad++ 3.13

Changes:

• Added new keywords introduced by WeiDU 243
  • Added new script triggers added by EE patch 2.5

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

Great.

Already installed it and tested it with the new keyword from Weidu 243 (SUPPORT).

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#12 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

New update: WeiDU Highlighter for Notepad++ 3.14

Changes:
  • Added new TP2 keywords introduced by WeiDU 245
  • Added several missing TP2 keywords
  • Added more script triggers and actions added by EE patch 2.5

#13 Luke_47

Luke_47
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:34 AM

What would you say about making this Highlighter compatible with the text editor Atom?

Edited by Luke_47, 31 July 2018 - 01:34 AM.

#14 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:19 AM

I haven't really worked with Atom yet, so I'm not familiar with the syntax. However, if you or someone else wants to port this highlighter to another editor (Atom, Visual Studio Code, etc.), you're free to use the lists of WeiDU keywords and symbols from this package.

Edited by Argent77, 31 July 2018 - 03:19 AM.

#15 Alonso

Alonso
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:22 PM

This works quite inconsistently in my machine. The colours of the syntax highlighting change very often after I do some editing, but so far I haven't managed to see a pattern of what kind of editing provokes this change. In the picture attached I'm editing a tra file and using the Replace function to remove the line "Saving Throw: None". After removing one line the text above the line removed changes its colours:

Notepad++.png

#16 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:37 AM

In French, this kind of glitch appears when you forget one quote (or one tilde): "bonjour instead of "bonjour".

It may have happened above the highlighting colors change.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#17 Alonso

Alonso
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

Thanks, Gwendolyne, but that doesn't seem to be the problem in my case. For instance, right now the colour highlighting just changed when I reduced the indentation of a few lines. However, increasing the indentation again or even undoing all the indentations doesn't change the colours back.

For the record, a few days ago I tried reinstalling Notepad++ and updating to v7.7 (I was still using v7.6), but that didn't help.

#18 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:50 AM

Thanks, Gwendolyne, but that doesn't seem to be the problem in my case. For instance, right now the colour highlighting just changed when I reduced the indentation of a few lines. However, increasing the indentation again or even undoing all the indentations doesn't change the colours back.

For the record, a few days ago I tried reinstalling Notepad++ and updating to v7.7 (I was still using v7.6), but that didn't help.

Try VScode.

#19 Alonso

Alonso
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:07 PM

Try VScode.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying VScode and it looks quite promising, although I have barely scratched its surface so far. However, I'm not sure of whether your extension supports tra files. I just opened a tra file and it doesn't have any syntax highlighting.

#20 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 03:18 AM

This works quite inconsistently in my machine. The colours of the syntax highlighting change very often after I do some editing, but so far I haven't managed to see a pattern of what kind of editing provokes this change. In the picture attached I'm editing a tra file and using the Replace function to remove the line "Saving Throw: None". After removing one line the text above the line removed changes its colours:

I've made a similar experience lately. My guess is that it's a bug in Notepad++ which affects only custom syntax highlighter. (I have several more highlighters from different sources installed, and all of them are affected as well.) Apparently NP++ selects a highlighter internally for a document and doesn't update it when you switch to a document of a different type. You can work around this issue by manually reselecting the highlighter from the "Language" menu. The same language should stay active as long as you edit only documents of the same type.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: highlighter, notepad++, WeiDU, autocompletion