Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2821 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:40 AM

The game starts but it is very choppy.

#2822 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:53 AM

@The Imp: Yeah, I get that. Just thought that maybe a log could be made when extracting and using that to delete the files? ^_^

Edit: Maybe just logging the setup*.exe and the corresponding main folders?

Edited by Utopolyst, 13 February 2016 - 01:54 AM.

The Picture Standard  - "Go for the Eyes Bo!"

#2823 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:14 AM

Just a small thing: There seems to be a problem (?) with Scales of Balance and EE Keeper. EE Keeper won't show the changes from the the new WPO and worse, if one saves characters (I like to respec my followers) the saves won't be loadable/will cause the game to hang... Also the collapsed WPO won't display properly. If I don't install SoB no problem, everything I else (I installed on BGEE) works. Cheers.

(Maybe somebody could also check and verify that?)

Edited by Utopolyst, 13 February 2016 - 06:24 AM.

#2824 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

The gameplay is very choppy and non smooth at all. Any ideas?

Edited by ranafuineluva, 13 February 2016 - 09:23 AM.

#2825 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:26 AM

Do you have generalized biffing installed? If no, try installing it. If yes, attach your WeiDU.log

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2826 honjae

honjae
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:51 PM

Wheel of Prophecy v4 download is broken. Also it isn't recognized as being in the download folder despite putting it in manually in there.

Edited by honjae, 13 February 2016 - 05:33 PM.

#2827 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:22 PM

I'm away from my computer at the moment. You can check Config\Global\wheels.ini -- the Size line should match the "Size" of the wheels v4 download (before extraction). This is the upper of the two size numbers displayed in the Properties window that Windows shows when you select the file and press Alt-Enter. Also the Save line should match the filename of the download.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2828 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:40 AM

It has now been confirmed http://www.shsforums...on/#entry587238 that Sandrah is not compatible with NEJ. Until today my readme said that the status was *unknown* since I never tested NEJ myself but had some doubts from the mod description. Now the aswer is clear.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2829 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

Added Sandrah vs. NEJ2 conflict rule

Baldurdash v1.73 back to Expert (not available for public download)

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2830 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

Do you have generalized biffing installed? If no, try installing it. If yes, attach your WeiDU.log

@Lollorian Hi. It has been some months that I have installed the BWS. I dont remember installing it. So I downloaded it here http://www.shsforums...alized-biffing/ and tried to copy it to the game folder. It seems there was a version of it in the game folder.  I ran the installer and it asked me if I wanted to reinstall it I said no.

The BWS installer I used was BiG World Installpack-14.2.2.7z and  it was downloaded at https://kerzenburg.b...ads.php?cat=10.

The Weidu log is here https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Thx in advance.

Edited by ranafuineluva, 14 February 2016 - 03:02 PM.

#2831 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

@ranafuineluva: Does choppy gameplay alter between areas, or with different start points ? Between the SoA and ToB starts. Party members, items etc.

Also there's a few things you can try, check 2,7 especially, and if those are done, for you to get more info on what's going on, I suggest that you do the 23.1, it will give a plenty info to sort through, and we will help at that, all you got to do is ask about that stuff, get the files out with Near Infinity and upload them. Or just copy-paste the indicated sections to the forum ... it's actually easier than it sounds.. most of the time.

The 23.1 will temporarily make the game unfinishable, but it's a debug mod, so when you uninstall it, the game can be played as nothing would have happened.

Edited by The Imp, 14 February 2016 - 04:00 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2832 honjae

honjae
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

ERROR: illegal 48-byte read from offset 1524 of 1568-byte file ISNFXSC.CRE
ERROR: [ISNFXSC.CRE] -> [override/ISNFXSC.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ISNFXSC.CRE: read out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("ISNFXSC.CRE: read out of bounds")
Initialise mod (all other components require this) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component
again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

Keep getting this error from my recent install attempts.

#2833 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:09 AM

@ranafuineluva: Does choppy gameplay alter between areas, or with different start points ? Between the SoA and ToB starts. Party members, items etc.

Also there's a few things you can try, check 2,7 especially, and if those are done, for you to get more info on what's going on, I suggest that you do the 23.1, it will give a plenty info to sort through, and we will help at that, all you got to do is ask about that stuff, get the files out with Near Infinity and upload them. Or just copy-paste the indicated sections to the forum ... it's actually easier than it sounds.. most of the time.

The 23.1 will temporarily make the game unfinishable, but it's a debug mod, so when you uninstall it, the game can be played as nothing would have happened.

@The Imp

I will give it a try asap :D

#2834 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:13 AM

ERROR: [ISNFXSC.CRE] -> [override/ISNFXSC.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ISNFXSC.CRE: read out of bounds"))

When you have finished the install, or quit-ed it without removing the install yet to try another, you should --change-log the file in question, and then after you/we find which mod makes the file to a dirt pile, it can be reported and fixed in the mod, and the BW.. Fixpack can remove the %&¤# action so it won't happen to everyone else.

You do the --change-log by running a .bat file that has this text in it:

mkdir change-log 
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log isnfxsc.cre >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2835 honjae

honjae
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

When you have finished the install, or quit-ed it without removing the install yet to try another, you should --change-log the file in question, and then after you/we find which mod makes the file to a dirt pile, it can be reported and fixed in the mod, and the BW.. Fixpack can remove the %&¤# action so it won't happen to everyone else.

You do the --change-log by running a .bat file that has this text in it:

mkdir change-log 
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log isnfxsc.cre >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

After reading the change-log, I see that the

IWDfication Divine component might be clashing with Divine Remix.

Attached Files

#2836 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

The DR v8 sphere system is not complete, and I've seen lots of reports of it causing crashes. As I wrote over on the G3 forums:

- if you want to use the DR sphere system, use DRv7 (which is not compatible with the EEs)

- if you want to use DR kits with the EEs, use DRv8 (but do not install the sphere system)

I'm sure it will be updated eventually, but the mod's author has been busy working on a little side-project called Siege of Dragonspear...

#2837 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

So yeah according to this, BP #2000 (Ascension for BP) overwrites AR6200.BCS (which is intentional so should probably not be expert yet) so it needs to be installed before all ToB epilogue-enabled NPCs

EDIT: Correct component number

Edited by Lollorian, 16 February 2016 - 09:18 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2838 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:09 AM

Wanted to report some misleading dependencies for BGEE:   TDD as in the The Darkest Day and Region of Terror   are, as far as I can see, not part of the BGEE setup. Nevertheless, they are marked as preferred for the Spell Level Progressions (like over BGIITweak Pack components 2260-2290)...   Also looking into an incompability between "More Style for Mages" and "Tome of Blood" (probably Armor Casting)... not sure yet. The "Circlet of the Archmagi" of "More Style" suddenly disables casting... :doh: I still need to look into that. Edit: With a "Minimal" selection of mods and "More Style for Mages" as well as "Tome of Blood" Circlets won't work anymore for mages....

Spoiler

Edited by Utopolyst, 17 February 2016 - 07:35 AM.

#2839 -Norton-

-Norton-

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:53 PM

Hello. I've done a bgt tactical install with a few personal modifications. I've got a few issues but the one I'm trying to work out now is SCS componant Smarter General AI. Here's my debug for SCS. Any help would be most appreciated.

Spoiler

The first line with "Could not identify the spell..." is preceded by many more of the same with different spell and scroll file names.

#2840 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:51 AM

Try to search your game directory of the "NTSPWI81.spl" -file. ... is it your own mods ?
The problem is likely that the file name is too similar to the common spell file naming scheme(spwixyz.spl), where the x is the spell level, and y and z are the numbers 01 to 50 ... to make them easily script-able.

The NT* prefix is definitely not even verified to be anyone's specific prefix, which is why the "your own mods" question.

Just name the files differently and you should be OK.

NTWSPI81.spl ...

Also the SCS is known to be a pain in *********** for missing .spl files you have in assigned into the kits .2da file and throwing error for that. It was supposed to be tweaked in one non official update by BWS tools to SCS, but I haven't heard a lot of it recently. Best course of action of course is to not have them. As you can have .spl files applied that have no effects attached to them, if need be.

Edited by The Imp, 20 February 2016 - 03:56 AM.