Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3721 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:48 AM

okay thanks :)

#3722 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

Problems I encountered during my BG1EE playthrough:

Game crashes every time during the Corsone+Osmadi encounter, probably because of some scripting error.

The modified diary of Sarevok (I think it's a component of the NPCProject?) causes massive lag after the death of Cythandria until you put it in a bag of holding.

Nimbul, the assassin in Nashkel, was absurdly powerful in comparison to the unmodded game for some reason. Probably not a bug, but it was the only encounter that felt very wrong.

Corsone + Osmadi has been reported to DavidW - the problem seems to be in swapping out cursed weapons or similar. The easiest fix is to "decurse" the Backbiter spear.

I can't say about nimbul - what can happen is that mod *A* wanted to improve him by giving him a few levels, then SCS reads his level and gives him a decent spell selection and scripting.

#3723 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

I intend to do a maximum EET install with BWS to which I want to add 3 mods not yet supported in BWS

- CtB with EET Patch

- RoT with EET Patch

- Longer Road EE

I intend to replace/patch those three mods after the unpack step and prior install, so the updated mods are installed.

Which file do I need to edit to enable those mods for my BWS? Or is there another method - there is manual action required anyway in between the unpack and install step.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3724 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

For RoT it's easy: update BWS, read BWS Docs about OverwriteFiles function, extract RoT EET patch from this post: http://www.shsforums...error-on-ee-eet into \BWS\OverwriteFiles\BG2EE. I've just tested minimal installation and it should work.

Longer Road EE must be added as another mod and all  BWS conflicts need to be recreated.

For CtB there are was changes to the components, no easy solution at this time. Probably I will have discuss this with Ikki

Thanks - RoT is patched and added, for LR I force BWS to new version.

I see the problem with CtB (it was already problematic before with chores and ff separated) - I patched it manually and will just pause BWS and install it by hand then continue. At least in my download CtB was wrapped in two layers of extra folders thus the file structure matched in no way to the one in the patch. I moved the overwrite files individually to patch their target.

Edited by Roxanne, 04 March 2017 - 01:52 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3725 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

This issue occured again (was probably reported before)

Automatically Skipping [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 120517 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

ERROR: cannot convert %C0ILM% or %%C0ILM%% to an integer
ERROR: [Sirene/creatures/C02Siren.cre] -> [override/C02Siren.cre] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found

I uninstalled the first component and installed the whole mod by hand - there is no error in the mod.

Last install I had a similar problem with my own SandrahNPC mod (also Kit could not convert to integer) and doing it manually works. Here again, no error in the mod.

Looks like something happens with kits when you try to install kits for NPCs with BWS?

Edited by Roxanne, 04 March 2017 - 02:29 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3726 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

Have you tried dropping a CLEAR_IDS_MAP after adding the kit?

#3727 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

Automatically Skipping [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear] because of error.
Using Language [English]

ERROR: [Sirene/creatures/C02Siren.cre] -> [override/C02Siren.cre] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

I'm having what looks like the same problem.  I seem to recall reading something about an add_kit_ee function and a column count mismatch, but I can't find where I read that now.  Of course, I could be completely misremembering...

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3728 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

Using Language [English]

I'm having what looks like the same problem.  I seem to recall reading something about an add_kit_ee function and a column count mismatch, but I can't find where I read that now.  Of course, I could be completely misremembering...

You remember correctly and I intended to mention that post myself but could not find it either. Chances are that it is that thing because it randomly happens with newer NPC mods that use this function.

The Sandrah Saga

#3729 fvig2001

fvig2001
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:31 AM

I am using bde5633 and Region of Terror encounters an error in a modified tactics installation (Removed might and guile, forced to remove teleport spell, divine remix). Something about unable to add columnwise to backstab.2da (Already erased the log). I tried to skip over it but in the end it ran out of memory while installing SCS. Picking tactics -> customize -> back has conflicts by default with divine remix (auto solve doesn't work) and teleport spell. I'm going to give up on tactics for now and just use recommended + scs. This was using BGEE with SOD and BG2EE .

Edited by fvig2001, 05 March 2017 - 05:23 AM.

#3730 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

hi, trying to install new BGT... with latest BWS...

Spoiler
im getting this on several mods.. whats this?

Edited by konva, 05 March 2017 - 07:36 AM.

#3731 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

I'm getting a significant number of warnings and errors while trying to install SCS on EET.  This is my first attempt at using BWS, and I have to admit the whole process is getting frustrating (this is my third attempt in three days).  Does SCS need to be patched manually before install?  If so I've missed that memo.  Here is an excerpt from the .debug log that represents just how much seems to be going wrong...

Spoiler

I'm not even sure where to begin to figure out what's wrong here, but it has to be something on a global scale if it's going this wrong for me and it presumably goes much better for others.  I can post whatever logs are required, but here's a couple:

Attached File  Stratagems.rar   1.12MB   128 downloads

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3732 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:34 AM

Sam. I've installed EET using Recommended, Maximilized and Tactics compilation during recent 3 days and I have none of you error messages. I can investigare when I'm back to home but I will need full BWS logs from \Logs directory and information about which compilation you choose or which mods/components exactly. Could you export you mod/components selection (use menu at mod/components selection) and post it here?

Thanks, and here you go:

Attached File  Sam_BWS_Logs_20170306.zip   1.24MB   143 downloads

It's a tweaked Tactics install.  If you need me to do anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by Sam., 06 March 2017 - 06:37 AM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3733 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:02 AM

Those errors are related to Aquadrizzt's qd_multiclass function which allows easy installation of working multiclass kits on EE 2.0+. Multiclass kits cannot use their own clan tables, they use the trueclass clab. So the function adds a single AP_ .spl to each trueclass clab and then loads 177 effects and .effs for all the kit abilities of all multiclass kits into that one .spl. qd_mcm13.spl has all 13th-level kit abilities for all multiclass mage kits; qd_mcf06.spl has all 6th-level kit abilities for all multiclass fighter kits; etc.) the function is used by several newer mods, including Might & Guile and Faiths & Powers.

To clarify, when I say multiclass kits, I mean that literally. The vanilla priest of helm kit, if you look at kitlist.2da, has class = 3, a priest kit. You can add that kit to a fighter/cleric but it won't be affected by this function. The function only runs on fighter/cleric kits coded with class = 8. Or fighter/mage kits with class = 15, etc.

What I can't figure out, is what SCS is trying to do here. Looks like it is applying kit abilities to AI enemies, which is good, but I can't tell how it does that or why its method chokes on the qd_multi spells. Each one is fairly simple, just a spell with between 1 and ~300 opcode 177 effects.

The good news is, I don't think there are any AI creatures in the game - even a heavily modded game - that have multiclass kits. So SCS can safely fail on these .spls, or bypass them, and your game will work fine.

Edited by subtledoctor, 07 March 2017 - 05:03 AM.

#3734 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

Btw the qd_multi function has been in use for several months and I haven't seen this issue with SCS before. Sounds like a bad interaction with some 3rd mod - It looks like the errors are only happening on creatures with the A7 prefix.

But if anyone can figure out what SCS is actually doing that throws these errors, the function can be updated, it's code is public here:
https://github.com/a...QDMULTI?files=1

Alternatively maybe that "A7..." mod needs to be tweaked. Either way, this should be harmless.

#3735 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:24 AM

The A7 files are from Argent77 Djinni Companion mod - which is quite up-to date.

The Sandrah Saga

#3736 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:32 AM

I was able to reproduce you issue but to find which mod cause it it's another story. If I find it, I will exclude/mark as expert because potentially broken SCS is far much lost than any new content.

Exactly!! Kick out the new excellent stuff because an old dinosaur chokes on it.

One mod to rule them all, One mod to find them,
One mod to bring them all down, and in the darkness bind them.

The Sandrah Saga

#3737 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:15 AM

Either way, this should be harmless.

Until it isn't:

Spoiler

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3738 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

It's hard to pin down what's causing SCS to choke since I don't know what his "unable to parse" error means.

Again, these are just spells with some 177 effects; there's nothing inherently buggy about them. SCS is trying to do... something... with them, but I'm not sure what, I how, or why. Knowing that would help us make the mods work better together. Davidw is around... maybe mention this over on the SCS forum at G3 and see if he can explain what SCS is doing here.

Incidentally you haven't mentioned exactly which mods you have selected. Is the Eldritch Magic mod one of them? Might & Guile? Faiths & Powers?

I would run some quick tests: just install a selection with one of those three mods, and SCS. See if it chokes. Repeat with the other two, individually. When in doubt, try to narrow stuff down.

#3739 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:39 AM

Using Language [English]

I uninstalled the first component and installed the whole mod by hand - there is no error in the mod.

Last install I had a similar problem with my own SandrahNPC mod (also Kit could not convert to integer) and doing it manually works. Here again, no error in the mod.

Looks like something happens with kits when you try to install kits for NPCs with BWS?

I'm doing Tactical install right now, had exact error like this one. Removed first component and installed Sirene manually. Went fine.

EDIT: RoT failed to install

Patching 2DAs...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...

Applying Level-50 Ruleset...
Appending to files column-wise ...
Cannot append column-wise because there are 9 lines in BACKSTAB.2da but I was only given 4 things to append
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [BACKSTAB.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da"))

Attached Files

Edited by Lithesis, 08 March 2017 - 06:01 AM.

#3740 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

RoT failed to install

The EET version (if that is what you use) should be installed without these options. Just installing the main component works.

The Sandrah Saga