Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3761 Evani

Evani
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

So I got this error in BG2 Chapter 3 cutscene (2nd spellhold cutscene):

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x64F57F File: CVisibility.cpp Line: 255 Expression: i < MAXIMUM_CHARACTERS Message: (null)

CLUAing to the area itself seems fine.

I'm not sure how difficult of a solution messing with the cause of this is since my install is pretty humongous, so I'm thinking of editing the global to just skip the cutscene.

Is the only global I have to change is "Chapter" to 3? I'm siding with Shadow Thieves I suppose but if there is something else I have to do to side with Bodhi I would appreciate it for reference.

#3762 Kornstalx

Kornstalx
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

This isn't really a bug (I don't think) but I couldn't find this documented anywhere, so I'll just mention it here:

In the Rough World submod, the "Only Autosaves" option causes visited areas to completely un-explore again after you leave them.

#3763 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

There is a small bug when Korgan is joining your group in the Copper Coronet.

Whenever I give him or my PC a movement order, they stop every second to look at each other.

The solution: "Seems that some NTotSC mummy I killed in the "Northern Citadel" area set the flag "SPRITE_ISDEAD_MUMIE" which made Korgan try to initiate his dialogue from the crypt of Kazah... Deleting that flag made the game run smoothly again"(http://www.shsforums...-looking-at-pc/)

Maybe there is a way to fix this issue for future installments :)

#3764 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

Whenever I give him or my PC a movement order, they stop every second to look at each other.

The solution: "Seems that some NTotSC mummy I killed in the "Northern Citadel" area set the flag "SPRITE_ISDEAD_MUMIE" which made Korgan try to initiate his dialogue from the crypt of Kazah... Deleting that flag made the game run smoothly again"(http://www.shsforums...-looking-at-pc/)

Which game do you refer to old game or EET

Since in EET (with NIofSC installed) there is no mummy with a script name mumie (is this done by some german-only mod, the term *mumie* is a german word for mummy, if I remember correctly?).

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3765 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:07 AM

Which game do you refer to old game or EET

Since in EET (with NIofSC installed) there is no mummy with a script name mumie (is this done by some german-only mod, the term *mumie* is a german word for mummy, if I remember correctly?).

PS - This code

IF
    Dead("mummy")
    Global("TombEmpty","LOCALS",0)
    InParty(Myself)
    See(Player1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

(is it from vanilla Korgan.bcs?) is definitely pretty poor, it indeed triggers on the fact that any mummy in the game is dead while the corresponding dialogue file has IF~Dead("Mummy")
AreaCheck("AR0802")
Global("TombEmpty","LOCALS",0)

Thus the initiation of the dialogue triggers but the additional flag in Korgan's dialogue blocks it.

Anyway, the mummy in NorthernTales is a random spawn. For the EET_interim I will change this to another mummy. This eliminates one possible source but does not solve the problem as a whole.

The Sandrah Saga

#3766 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:49 AM

@ ALIEN

The last EET update for the EET_end.tp2 introduced a bug (while fixing some others) that prevent PIDs for certain NPCs to trigger.

This has been reported to K4thos already who promised to fix it - but the poor guy is missing since then (probably caugh once more in his stressful RL job). As such periods of absence can be quite long for him, there might be the issue to put the fix I have made into BWS meanwhile

The problem is described here http://www.shsforums...-19#entry593734

The interim solution would need to be applied if the Sandrah mod is chosen in an install and needs to be in sequence AFTER EET_end.

(The only other solution is to remove Sandrah from BWS completely - the mod is not playable with this bug.)

It is possible that a similar problem might exist for other NPC mods, I have not found them yet but will report if I do.

Attached File  SandrahEET_PID_Repair.rar   857.59K   1923 downloads

Edited by Roxanne, 12 March 2017 - 03:49 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3767 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

@Roxanne Usually I will just wat for fixed version of EET but I can understand you concerns. Would you please try new BiG World Setup-Create-Mod-Template to save atleast some part of the manual work? 

0. Download: https://bitbucket.or...od-Template.ps1 (right-click > Save as...) and put it where you .tp2 file is.
1. Run Powershell ( minimum version 3.0 ) as Administrator (Windows 7 - install .NET 4.6, restart, install PS 4.0 x64 x86, restart)
2. execute command below and confirm:

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

3. Go to the .tp2 directory, via "cd "

4. Type:

& '.\BiG World Setup-Create-Mod-Template.ps1'

5. Open .ini and fill all missing information

6. Provide <modTP2name>.ini and all files which are *select-*.ini

If you do this, please post file/content of the files at this topic http://www.shsforums...quest-template/

Running this as administrator under windows 10, powershell v5 still gives me errors, saying file is not signed.

Edited by Roxanne, 12 March 2017 - 08:32 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3768 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

You can try to use 
Unblock-File '.\BiG World Setup-Create-Mod-Template.ps1'

and repeat or 

Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

and confirm when you will run the script

Nothing is created after the script has run?

I think we should not waste time for a simple patch that just contains this

Spoiler

Just wait for k4thos fix.

Edited by Roxanne, 12 March 2017 - 09:59 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3769 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

Found an issue when doing a EET Maximized install with some Tactical components, Chloe NPC wont install, can anyone help?

Spoiler

#3770 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

Found an issue when doing a EET Maximized install with some Tactical components, Chloe NPC wont install, can anyone help?

Spoiler

Replace contents of the indicated file (Chloe/Spells/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa) with this, just a simple bad copy & paste.

edit: sandrah will snag on this too, same fix. That's how I noticed the issue.

Edited by zonx, 13 March 2017 - 12:30 AM.

#3771 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:33 AM

Spoiler

Replace contents of the indicated file (Chloe/Spells/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa) with this, just a simple bad copy & paste.

Yes, sorry - it is corrected now.

Alternatively you can just put this file Attached File  fl#add_kit_ee.tpa   11.12K   210 downloads into Chloe/Spells/   (overwrite existing)

Edited by Roxanne, 13 March 2017 - 12:38 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3772 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

Spoiler

I modified the file with notepad, which then the BWS told me to do it with ConText, I downloaded Context, and pasted the contents of your fix again into it while using ConText but it keeps telling me to use conTExt 

#3773 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:28 AM

Spoiler

Yes, sorry - it is corrected now.

Alternatively you can just put this file attachicon.giffl#add_kit_ee.tpa into Chloe/Spells/   (overwrite existing)

Sorry, didnt see this one, you are both amazing. The first one is on me, I'm not too savvy on this kind of modding, sorry. 

I swear you people are one of the small group of modders tha I know to modify small files in installs. If you have a place where I can donate you can redirect me there

#3774 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Spoiler

Everything works fine at my side, I've added SandrahPID_Repair to BWS for now.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. I hope not more mods suffer from K4thos (temporary, I hope) absence.

The Sandrah Saga

#3775 fvig2001

fvig2001
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

I've rerun the tactics (EET + Windows) and at least the 2 new errors are gone (Sandrah kit + Chloe kit). I ran into the following errors:

The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Region of Terror
Component: Region Of Terror

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems
Component: Improved Cloakwood Druids
Component: Improved Unseeing Eye

Mod: Jim's Fixes and Tweaks
Component: Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Abazigal
Component: Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Irenicus

With Region of Terror:
Applying Level-50 Ruleset...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/BACKSTAB.2DA] loaded, 4054 bytes
Appending to files column-wise ...
Cannot append column-wise because there are 9 lines in BACKSTAB.2da but I was only given 4 things to append
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [BACKSTAB.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da"))
ERROR Installing [Region Of Terror, v2.1], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [RoTerror/Backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "RoTerror/Backup/0/OTHER.0")
Will uninstall  34 files for [SETUP-ROT.TP2] component 0.
Thanks

SCS:
ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl7.bcs]
ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl5.bcs]
Failed to patch DAQILUE.CRE; error message was Out of memory

Jim's:
SKIPPING: [Fix Smarter Abazigal]
Requires Smarter Abazigal
SKIPPING: [Fix Smarter Irenicus at the Throne]
Requires Smarter Ascension Irenicus

Edited by fvig2001, 13 March 2017 - 01:37 PM.

#3776 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

I've rerun the tactics (EET + Windows) and at least the 2 new errors are gone (Sandrah kit + Chloe kit). I ran into the following errors:

The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Region of Terror
Component: Region Of Terror

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems
Component: Improved Cloakwood Druids
Component: Improved Unseeing Eye

Mod: Jim's Fixes and Tweaks
Component: Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Abazigal
Component: Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Irenicus

With Region of Terror:
Applying Level-50 Ruleset...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Appending to files column-wise ...
Cannot append column-wise because there are 9 lines in BACKSTAB.2da but I was only given 4 things to append
ERROR: [BACKSTAB.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da"))
ERROR Installing [Region Of Terror, v2.1], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [RoTerror/Backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "RoTerror/Backup/0/OTHER.0")
Will uninstall  34 files for [SETUP-ROT.TP2] component 0.
Thanks

SCS:
ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl7.bcs]
ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl5.bcs]
Failed to patch DAQILUE.CRE; error message was Out of memory

Jim's:
SKIPPING: [Fix Smarter Abazigal]
Requires Smarter Abazigal
SKIPPING: [Fix Smarter Irenicus at the Throne]
Requires Smarter Ascension Irenicus

Which version of RoT did you try to install on EET?

There is a patch for EET compatibility you need to use AND do not install anything from the mod except the core component. See here http://www.shsforums...et/#entry593598

The Sandrah Saga

#3777 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

Hey its me again, Sandrah dear I'm having kinda the same problem as Chloe but with your mod now

Spoiler

do you have the file for me to replace as before for Chloe? 

#3778 Falagar

Falagar
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

I was wondering what was up with BWS-Setup today, I noticed many mods have been unchecked, but I if I had to guess it was because of the new information regarding some nasty bugs.

#3779 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

Hey its me again, Sandrah dear I'm having kinda the same problem as Chloe but with your mod now

Spoiler

do you have the file for me to replace as before for Chloe? 

It is the same file, (from this post http://www.shsforums...199#entry593819) this time put it into SandrahNPC/Kit

Edited by Roxanne, 14 March 2017 - 12:45 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3780 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:53 AM

I was wondering what was up with BWS-Setup today, I noticed many mods have been unchecked, but I if I had to guess it was because of the new information regarding some nasty bugs.

One mod was unchecked from Maximized,Tactic and Expert, one component was removed from EE, that's it.

I just do a kind of maximized expert install of EET (added CtB, Longer Road EE and RoT - disabled Region Of Terror Kit Pack for EE manually) + test versions of Thieves Stronghold and Deep Gnomes for EET (an Aurora extract).

- no problems with downloads

- no problems with unpacking

- no problems with BGEE part

- no problems with EET

- no problems with BG2EE part yet

Currently labouring through SCS, but looks good as well.

For me this looks like a very smooth install even with my pushing it to the limit.

PS - I am using the BWS version from before that RoT component was removed for EE, but since I did that remove already myself, this may as well be considered test for the most recent commit..

Edited by Roxanne, 14 March 2017 - 12:56 AM.

The Sandrah Saga