Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

well, nobody's perfect :D

#22 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

OGG info output:

New logical stream (#1, serial: 00003d64): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20120203 (Omnipresent)
Channels: 1
Rate: 22050

Nominal bitrate: 58.000000 kb/s
Upper bitrate not set
Lower bitrate not set
Vorbis stream 1:
Total data length: 7629 bytes
Playback length: 0m:00.912s
Average bitrate: 66.919722 kb/s
Logical stream 1 ended

#23 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

has any of the tools been updated?

#24 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Sorry, this isn't an answer to your question, but I've just noticed you discuss .ogg support. Let's clarify this.

According to this thread: http://forum.baldurs...re-ogg-support, the EEs can play 44khz .ogg files, BUT are still backwards compatible with 22khz .wav and wavc files. Do I understand this correctly? If the new engine only supports .ogg (against the cardinal rule of audio playback) then that means I'll have to encode everything in my mod from .wav to .ogg...

.ogg's great for new content to save server bandwidth, but for original horribly-compressed stuff extracted at 22khz: eh.

#25 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

I believe it still supports the old ACM files all right,

#26 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

Yep.

#27 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

still, I'd like to know if Near Infinity or DLTCEP recieved an update..

#28 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

NearInfinity is now fully BGEE compatible. I don't think DLTCEP has been updated in a while.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#29 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

thanks, now I only have to download it :D

#30 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

wait, only the first game is supported or also the second one?

#31 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

Both Enhanced Editions.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#32 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

You could consider first trying and then asking if it won't work ... instead of asking yet another guestion. That you could find the answer easily in 2 seconds if you just start the darn thing. Especially as this thread is 6 months old and you could have downloaded the NI and DLTCEP then.

Edited by The Imp, 29 June 2014 - 07:24 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#33 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

You could consider first trying and then asking if it won't work ... instead of asking yet another guestion. That you could find the answer easily in 2 seconds if you just start the darn thing.

Evidently I was not in front of the damn BG pc, right? I just saved it to my USB at work.

You should consider first connecting your brain to your fingers, instead of typing whatever crosses your mind.

Edited by Dark_Ansem, 29 June 2014 - 12:43 AM.

#34 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

Evidently ... at work.
someone doesnn't put much value to their work. Just saying...

Edited by The Imp, 30 June 2014 - 01:32 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#35 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

Evidently ...
someone doesnn't put much value to their work. Just saying...

You're wrong. I greatly valorize and respect their work. I'd just rather not spam them of pms, and ask here. someone even found useful my OGG reports.

#36 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

has any of the tools been updated?

Now that I am in front of my computer, I'll try to answer your question a little more exhaustively.  NearInfinity has "Full BG:EE and BG2:EE support (including new resource types and effect opcodes)" as of February 01, 2014.  Many further improvements and feature additions have been added since then.

DLTCEP hasn't been updated since November 08, 2013.  While it had limited support for some Enhanced Edition features at that point, NearInfinity currently has much more up-to-date and complete support for the Enhanced Editions.

If by chance you are curious if the command-line tools that PS gui is a front-end for have been updated since my last release, only oggenc2.exe and oggdec.exe have been updated.  It should be enough to overwrite the old files in the </PS gui (files)> folder with the new ones.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#37 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

you got me right with mentioning PSGui. thanks!