BGEE/2?

8 replies to this topic

#1 -Guestish-

-Guestish-

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Hey.

Will Aurora work with BGEE/BGEE2 if use an updated version of weidu to install her?  I know journal entries won't work, but will everything else function okay, or will there be problems?

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6339 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Unfortunately, it will not work with EE, at least not the main component. Some of the subcomponents might work fine. The main component, however, depends on the Infinity Animations schema for adding animations, which is not compatible with EE. So I'd have to overhaul that pretty substantially. (I have a number of other fixes and new features, including a fairly sizeable new quest mostly written; it's just a question of finding the time to implement everything.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger." -Billy Connolly

#3 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• 525 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'm hoping for the best, Miloch!  Let it not be said that *this* Bhaalspawn died without her Aurora boots on.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

#4 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

I'm hoping for the best, Miloch!  Let it not be said that *this* Bhaalspawn died without her Aurora boots on.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

All things considered, she'd rather you ascended in them--it is much better advertising. You could get married in them, if you'd rather. Dying is overrated, even for heroes..

Stop by my blog over at Bookwyrme's Lair, my collection of reviews, pictures, and general ramblings. I also review comics and books over at FanboyNation.

Mods: Aurora's Shoes (released), Aurora NPC for TOB, (released), and Hubelpot 2.0 (in progress). Contributor to the NPC IEP Project.

#5 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• 525 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

All things considered, she'd rather you ascended in them--it is much better advertising. You could get married in them, if you'd rather. Dying is overrated, even for heroes..

Now *THAT* would be one heck of a celebrity endorsement!

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 2223 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

Unfortunately, it will not work with EE, at least not the main component. Some of the subcomponents might work fine. The main component, however, depends on the Infinity Animations schema for adding animations, which is not compatible with EE. So I'd have to overhaul that pretty substantially. (I have a number of other fixes and new features, including a fairly sizeable new quest mostly written; it's just a question of finding the time to implement everything.)

For my own testing of EET, I made my own stripped down version of Aurora for EET, very similar to shadowlich's approach for TDD(z), i.e. I modified the tp2 in such a way that the contents related stuff installs and leave the tweaks, animations etc out.

This way I got a working Karea, Tomthal, Aurora in BG1 and BG2 part, their mini quests, shops and dialogues, also some random items on enemies, the extra caves and the two slave gnome encounters. This is just proof for technical feasibility, it just required some modification of tp2, the setup-tra and the few journal entries.

Do you see any chance that we may see such a release for EET?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6339 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

I don't have a whole lot of time these days, but feel free to send it to me if you still have it. It's better than not being compatible at all, I guess. We do a similar stripped-down install for vanilla BG1 due to its limitations.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger." -Billy Connolly

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 2223 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

I don't have a whole lot of time these days, but feel free to send it to me if you still have it. It's better than not being compatible at all, I guess. We do a similar stripped-down install for vanilla BG1 due to its limitations.

Honestly, it does a bit more than just tp2 modification (changes some area references and cre animations to EET resources). Sadly, I did not document these things since it was only intended for intermediate private use (until a real one would be published by you). Anyway, I will send you a link via PM so you can see yourself.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#9 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 1623 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:55 AM

And what about BG2EE without EET? I was among testers and helped with Aurora ToB and I must say I feel a bit disappointed that there is no version for EE...

Reply to this topic