Current status of Jarls BGT Adventure pack in megamod?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 -Jasper-

-Jasper-

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:03 AM

I really want this mod in my install but first I read in BWS that it overwrites and removes other NPCs. Ok fair enough, that sounds very bad. I remove it.

Then, I read a thread such as this: http://www.shsforums...t-with-sandrah/ in which Roxanne says she has repaired some of the stuff.

Then I have to wonder... does she mean repaired in the Big World Fixpack (I see a lot of fixes for jarl there) or just in Sandrah NPC? And this was years ago. Lollorian has done some fixpacking with jarls as well. Where does this whole thing stand today? It's a great mod so it would be a shame to skip it.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:35 AM

Well, the BWS Fixpack conteins these fixes in it. That's to say that there's bunch of them, years ago. The Sandrah's tweaks are part of the mod itself, meaning that to have them, you have to install that mod. But most of those are not actual repairs, but tweaks that allow stuff to be done, without various requirements that might not be there when multiple other things touch them too.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:45 AM

In all honesty it's not THAT much of overwriting anyway as to warrant skipping the mod. About two of new NPCs will be spawned on top of old ones, but only one (maid in some BG inn) of old ones is of relevance and could be made available by using Cloak of Balduran to move away the one spawned on top.

Edited by Creepin, 17 February 2018 - 06:56 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#4 -Jasper-

-Jasper-

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:06 AM

Creepin, thanks!

What lady in the inn do you speak about? Does this break the story in some way? Getting algernons cloak for that seems annoying :P

And, I do use all kinds of BG1 quest mods, including romantic encounters for bg1. I think that one uses a lot of usually not important npcs and may clash? Or am I wrong? Or are you saying you have tested with all mods too and there was just that woman in the inn?

#5 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:26 AM

What lady in the inn do you speak about?

Check here for details starting from post 77.

BTW, while searching for that link I have noticed there's newer version 0.7 released not so long ago. A quick glance tells that bugs were fixed there, so chances are you could safely use that version.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#6 -Jasper-

-Jasper-

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:35 AM

Thanks again. I would never had found that link. Let's hope that works :D

#7 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:21 AM

Yes, Creepin's link leads to the most current update with a lot of bugfixes (BWSFixpack no longer required), an official English version, reduced destructivity in terms of removing cres from the game, and also compatibility if installed *after*: bgqe - bg1npc - bg1re - GToaT (Garrick) - bg1ub.

Note: The components that are restored by either NTotSC or bg1ub, as well will be skipped automatically if detected (Keelor & Nasha, Sylast the Fallen Paladin, Pilar and Gheldehar, Llyndellyn's Lucky Arrow, Nim Furlwing and her Hounds, Mal-Kalen, the Ghost from Ulcaster, Elfsong Tavern Movie).

BUT: Some areas, especially new entrances to houses, will still be patched to two areas in Baldur's Gate. If you try to enter, the game will CTD.
This will be fixed in the next update. I'm onto updating another mod currently, JAP will be next.

As long as you don't enter these houses, this version is tp be preferred to what is on the official downloads page.

Thank you for your interest in the mod!

EDIT: Currently, all I get is errors if trying to reach Kerzenburgforum. If you want me to link the v7.0 directly, let me know.

Edited by jastey, 17 February 2018 - 09:23 AM.

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:45 AM

Yes, Creepin's link leads to the most current update with a lot of bugfixes (BWSFixpack no longer required), an official English version, reduced destructivity in terms of removing cres from the game, and also compatibility if installed *after*: bgqe - bg1npc - bg1re - GToaT (Garrick) - bg1ub.

Note: The components that are restored by either NTotSC or bg1ub, as well will be skipped automatically if detected (Keelor & Nasha, Sylast the Fallen Paladin, Pilar and Gheldehar, Llyndellyn's Lucky Arrow, Nim Furlwing and her Hounds, Mal-Kalen, the Ghost from Ulcaster, Elfsong Tavern Movie).

BUT: Some areas, especially new entrances to houses, will still be patched to two areas in Baldur's Gate. If you try to enter, the game will CTD.
This will be fixed in the next update. I'm onto updating another mod currently, JAP will be next.

As long as you don't enter these houses, this version is tp be preferred to what is on the official downloads page.

EDIT: Currently, all I get is errors if trying to reach Kerzenburgforum. If you want me to link the v7.0 directly, let me know.

What is

GToaT?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#9 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

What is

GToaT?

I believe it is Garrick: Tales of the troubadour mod. Not 100% sure though, after so lengthy break from the world of Baldur's gate my memory is little ( Ok. very ) rusty... 

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

What is

GToaT?

I believe it is Garrick: Tales of the troubadour mod. Not 100% sure though, after so lengthy break from the world of Baldur's gate my memory is little ( Ok. very ) rusty... 

Makes sense, it was mentioned in context of a BWS install sequence but there it is called garrick-tt.

And welcome back.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#11 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:20 PM

What is

GToaT?

Makes sense, it was mentioned in context of a BWS install sequence but there it is called garrick-tt.

And welcome back.

Thanks Roxanne, it is good to be back.  :)

#12 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:20 PM

Yes, sorry, with GToaT I meant Garrick Tales of a Troubadour.

#13 -Jasper-

-Jasper-

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

Thank you so much Jastey! That's okay I already managed to download it before the site timed out :) and it's great to see the mod updated (and in English) because I've always wanted to try it. I'll wait for your next version then so I can enjoy all the content.

#14 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

New version 0.7.0 is up on the official downloads page: https://kerzenburg.b...loads.php?id=35 -English version -compatibility with BG1NPC, NTotSC (v2.x), bg1re, bgqe, Garrick Tales of a Troubadour, Fields of the Dead (BGT) if installed accordingly (install orer / choice of components) -lots of bugfixes (all so far known bugs) -still only BGT

#15 -Jasper-

-Jasper-

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:59 AM

Thanks so much jastey!! I'll be finally trying the mod :D

Can I ask you a related question also? The mod Jarls Tweak Pack is said to have similar issues as the previous versions of Jarls BGT adventure pack. Like overwriting and removal of NPCs and those things. But, is it really that bad? I'm thinking it's just a few tweaks. Maybe if you have more inner knowledge of the tweak mod you can share which components of it would be harmful or not?

#16 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:26 AM

I don't know much about the Tweak mod, I am sorry. But if it's coded the same way I'm afraid chances are high it does rearrange some game ressources. There is a small Tweak component inside the Adventure Pack, though. If you have a look, maybe the features you are interested in are already in there.

#17 -ghost-

-ghost-

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

I also have a question about this mod. Is it possible to remove the requirement of infinity animations?

#18 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

Jarl's Adventure Pack is one huge, connected mod. I tried to divide it into distinguished components and gave up after several days. White Agnus appearently did it but went into hiatus with it.
I think the requirement for Infinity Animations is only because of a brown hen animation that is introduced somewhere. But as I said, separating the different components is a masochist's task.

Edited by jastey, 22 April 2018 - 10:11 AM.

#19 -ghost-

-ghost-

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:28 AM

Alright then. Damn that brown hen :new_bottom:

But you are maintaining this mod now? Can't this brown hen simply be replaced with a regular hen? No need for separating the components. It seems somewhat silly to require infinity animations over only that.

#20 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

I guess. But then, the mod is working and - as far as I know - bug free. It's not a great problem to install the base component of IA before it. There are other mods that require IA, too, so in a bigger install you'd probably need it, anyway. Jarl's Adventure Pack also requires components 19 and 21 (I think) of bg1ub, so there is always dependencies.