General discussion

twelff hundo

• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

#381 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:14 PM

For those who reported the AR0602.ARE out of bounds error... and have installed Raziel mod too... it's not Almateria's Restoration Project but Raziel mod issue.

Produced and submitted a patch to Leonardo and agb1

#382 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:29 AM

..........i honestly don't remember that being an issue lol. But thanks!

#383 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:13 AM

lol you're welcome.

It was reported some time ago... together with Weimer Solaufein dialogue thing.

http://www.shsforums...-14#entry575011

#384 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

Okay, so since this thread has been my on and off diary between me fiddling with tiny stuff (I swear, there's some development going on, just not necessarily for ARP at all times), some cool news: by the ruling of the Warsaw District Court, IV civil department, I'm now legally a Real Actual Girl which is pretty cool I think.

Man, I wonder if the Bad BG Forum For Jerks will read this.

Edited by Almateria, 13 March 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#385 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:21 AM

Okay, I am almost afraid to ask but I'll ask anyway: what does that mean? :)

Edited by Salk, 14 March 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#386 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:04 AM

Probably just like it says, the mod is been worked among other things on from time to time, even if it's not all visible here or there all the time. Yes, that's actually the typical mod making procedure.

Edited by The Imp, 14 March 2017 - 07:04 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#387 Falagar

Falagar
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

Out of curiosity, but since you practically found all the unused content for SoA, but are you going to look inside ToB later? Unless there is still stuff to be found in SoA. Also about that omitted Plane of Earth that was causing problems, have you considered letting another modder take a whack at it, and make that as a separate mod? Sounds like it was one of the more problematic restorations.

Also I'm kind of curious to know what that Plane of Earth looked like if anyone has any screenshots.

Hope you're doing well these days, and sorry about that little thing about ARP back on G3, I hope I didn't offend lol.

Edited by Falagar, 14 March 2017 - 12:35 PM.

#388 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

Lmfao chill.

Uh, the content is basically free for anyone interested to take on, I just wasn't exactly a good enough modder to do the stuff correctly. Also it looked mostly like the Windspear Hills, except without the hut! I mean, originally the hut was there but I had it removed with the help of a certain asshole.

Anyway ToB. It has this problem that anything that I hadn't restored already is insanely vague, and there's not much groundwork to get into it deeper. I never wanted ARP to go to the same lengths as Unfinished Business, which basically writes unbased fanfiction in some parts, so I didn't touch that.

I'm way too chronically ill to do any proper writing anyway.

Edited by Almateria, 14 March 2017 - 12:50 PM.

#389 Falagar

Falagar
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

:P lol what was the deal with the hut?

Edited by Falagar, 14 March 2017 - 12:48 PM.

#390 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:48 AM

why would a plane of earth have a hut

e: i mean why would it have any features considering that it's literally a massive pile of dirt with some pockets in it, but the hut was particularly egregious, y'know?

Edited by Almateria, 15 March 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#391 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:29 AM

Lmfao chill.

Uh, the content is basically free for anyone interested to take on, I just wasn't exactly a good enough modder to do the stuff correctly. Also it looked mostly like the Windspear Hills, except without the hut! I mean, originally the hut was there but I had it removed with the help of a certain asshole.

Anyway ToB. It has this problem that anything that I hadn't restored already is insanely vague, and there's not much groundwork to get into it deeper. I never wanted ARP to go to the same lengths as Unfinished Business, which basically writes unbased fanfiction in some parts, so I didn't touch that.

Restoring vague content that is quest related sounds troublesome enough but what about trying to restore perhaps some cut banters if there are any?

#392 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:01 AM

Oh yeah no, trust me, I combed the dialog filed with an extremely tiny brush. Everything that could be reasonably reimplemented made its way to the mod.

#393 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

What, you don't think a name in an unused $tring is a solid foundation for constructing a brand new plot???  ;)

#394 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

You convinced me and the next release will contain a megaquest starring Fuckface Rodriguez and Fucknut Rodriguez

#395 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

Lmfao chill.

The unfinished business for ToB has been done long ago already by one of Bioware's original staff.

Like with any game/SW development project, there were deadlines to be met and budget to be respected. So ToB was released in the state considered acceptable for delivery by the company decision makers.

So David Gaider of Black Isle took some of his spare time and continued to work on ToB to deliver a version *as it was meant to be*. So much is history.

(By the way, the mod capturing this is Ascension. This is ToB as originally designed.)

You could argue that Wheels of Prophesy picks up another loose end - the other *good* bhaalspawn - Balthazar - who wants to stop his father's return, an option that appears unfinished in original ToB.

Edited by Roxanne, 16 March 2017 - 07:24 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#396 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

Sort of a nitpick, but Gaider was Bioware not BI.  Proper credit and all that.

#397 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

You could argue that Wheels of Prophesy picks up another loose end - the other *good* bhaalspawn - Balthazar - who wants to stop his father's return, an option that appears unfinished in original ToB.

I've never played Wheels of Prophecy! Or Ascension, while at that. so I'm just gonna imagine they go kinda like in the books, where Balthazar fucks you up immensely and then kills himself for Reasons.

#398 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

I've never played Wheels of Prophecy! Or Ascension, while at that. so I'm just gonna imagine they go kinda like in the books, where Balthazar fucks you up immensely and then kills himself for Reasons.

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#399 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

Oh yeah no, trust me, I combed the dialog filed with an extremely tiny brush. Everything that could be reasonably reimplemented made its way to the mod.

Including the ones for ToB? I noticed that most of the restored content was for SoA.

And speaking of which, do not those Enhanced Editions have some content of their own that could be restored perhaps?

Would be nice, but if not...well... then I guess we just gotta deal with it. :)

Its amazing anyway how there was still some work being done on restoring the content of a game that came out like over 15 years ago. My hats to you guys!

#400 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:07 AM

some cool news: by the ruling of the Warsaw District Court, IV civil department, I'm now legally a Real Actual Girl which is pretty cool I think.

Man, I wonder if the Bad BG Forum For Jerks will read this.

Sorry for the late reply. Very good news indeed. Congratulations Almateria. I wish you the best.