546 replies to this topic

#361 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:57 AM

Nevermind, it was nothing.

Anyway, since Days of V is releasing soon and also threatening to set new modding standards, I went through the restored sound table and fixed a few sound mismatches. It mostly happened when a soundset was irregularly labeled, but there was at least one case when a match resulted in zero .cre files changed.

Also, a piece of trivia: there are, currently, as many 8.* releases as there were between 1.0 and 3.5. I'm the Andrew Hussie of modding.

#362 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

What exactly was wrong with the restored soundsets? I'll be starting a BG2 playthrough sometime soon, so I might keep an eye (ear) on these things.

By the way, this:

SAY [offset] ~~ [resref]

means there are currently no subtitles for the restored lines, right?

I guess it's probably too much work finding the right strings (if they even exist) or using TRA. :P

#363 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:32 AM

Well if you're willing to write 1200 strings akin to AAAH/OOOoooOOoo/OW/OY/NOT IN THE BALLS/I HAVE TO MIGRATE TO AUSTRALIA then be my guest.

Also, it's impossible to reverse-search for strings that have sound assigned. So they're empty.

#364 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:39 AM

Great update as always, thank you so much, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the new update immensely!  :clap:

Thank you very much for your fantastic work!  :hug:

#365 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:53 AM

i'm okay now. i think. let's start the year with a new version of ARP.

8.2.6 mostly adds further EET compatibility and consolidates all the system versions, hopefully getting ALIEN off my case.

i'll update my personal site as soon as tumblr stops being a pile of garbage.

#366 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:10 PM

as soon as tumblr stops being a pile of garbage.

That could be a very long time.

#367 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:21 PM

life status update because if bri can do this thing with her developer diary then so can i 

got assaulted by my roommate

currently homeless and flu-ridden

nothing's good

#368 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

Tough luck, hope it will turn for better soon...

#369 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:37 AM

got assaulted by my roommate
currently homeless and flu-ridden
nothing's good
one setback after another :( 

Tough luck, hope it will turn for better soon...
+1
I hope it will turn for the best. Don't be dishearted and think positively.

#370 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

Status update: currently crashing for a couple weeks at my ex-gf's home. Awkward but we're making it work.

#371 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:53 AM

Any port in a storm.

#372 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:55 PM

good luck...

Edited by subtledoctor, 11 March 2016 - 08:55 PM.

#373 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:11 AM

Okay, final chapter of this story: I finally got money to rent out a new flat to stay, gonna move there this weekend as soon as I figure out what do I do about my lizards. Also, the same money got used to sue my ex-roommate. So that's all taken care of. Thanks for, y'know, some support.

#374 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:03 AM

Okay, final chapter of this story: I finally got money to rent out a new flat to stay, gonna move there this weekend as soon as I figure out what do I do about my lizards. Also, the same money got used to sue my ex-roommate. So that's all taken care of. Thanks for, y'know, some support.

Glad to read that things took a turn for the better.

#375 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:48 PM

#justiceformodders

#376 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

Between bouts of slowly dying I got a blip on my radar that ARP had a minor glitch that made it wonky as heck in regards to new EET versions. And I fixed it today. Thanks K4thos

#377 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

Been playing a BWP / BGT install, got the Ellesime Slayer dreams, and World Map Updated notification, but for the life of me, I can't find the added area. It's supposed to be Ancient Grove, right? I've looked all over the world map (the HUGE BGT/BWP one, not the medium one) and am not seeing any new zones to visit. It's AR2700, right, which is the one with the large stone heads that talk about Irenicus, the Slayer, and your soul?

EDIT: Found the answer some pages back in this thread, and AR2700 is the correct one that -SHOULD- be getting added to my BGT World Map. It is NOT being added, for whatever reason, beneath Small Teeth Pass. Possibility of incompatibility with the complete 8000xWhatever BGT World Map?

Edited by Jenavee, 15 September 2016 - 01:02 PM.

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif

#378 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:16 AM

Haha, you see, that is a hilariously good question.

I have no idea how the BGT Worldmap acts, to be honest. I kinda assume it corrects offsets of .wmp locations, which obviously should work if it was installed after ARP, but if it doesn't, there's a sliiight possibility that AR2700 got added in some weird coordinates on the map lol. 

#379 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:48 PM

Been playing a BWP / BGT install, got the Ellesime Slayer dreams, and World Map Updated notification, but for the life of me, I can't find the added area. It's supposed to be Ancient Grove, right? I've looked all over the world map (the HUGE BGT/BWP one, not the medium one) and am not seeing any new zones to visit. It's AR2700, right, which is the one with the large stone heads that talk about Irenicus, the Slayer, and your soul?

EDIT: Found the answer some pages back in this thread, and AR2700 is the correct one that -SHOULD- be getting added to my BGT World Map. It is NOT being added, for whatever reason, beneath Small Teeth Pass. Possibility of incompatibility with the complete 8000xWhatever BGT World Map?

support for ARP was added in v10.2.1 (hint: it's not the same version that hangs on SHS download section)

#380 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

Huh. Well, if I run into the issue again, I'll grab some logs and we'll figure it out - due to dialogues doing some nasty stuff after I got into ToB, I dumped the entire install and did a semi-minimal custom selection with my favourite tweaks but no additional NPCs or adventures.

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif