twelff hundo

• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

#401 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

And speaking of which, do not those Enhanced Editions have some content of their own that could be restored perhaps?

the only thing I'm aware of (although there may be more) is an unused content at the end of SoD. Spoilers:

Spoiler

It has been restored by default in EET since it makes the transition more fluid, imo, although it could be included in vanilla SoD too via mod like ARP. But ARP doesn't touch BG1/SoD portion of the game unfortunately.

If Almateria ever decides to expand it for those games I'd like to see BG2 like dream content cut from BG1 re-impleneted (in-game cutscenese and dialogue in dream Candlekeep) since it's mostly usable in vanilla as it is (areas, dialoges). Can't find a topic about it though. Anyone has a link? IIRC it has been discussed somewhere in PPG UB forum.

Edited by K4thos, 25 March 2017 - 10:22 PM.

#402 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

I don't think it's possible to humanly describe how little I care for BG1 as a game. It's just...

zzzzz <- the sound of me falling asleep while thinking about it

http://forums.pocket...ic,29203.0.html but yeah I posted the dialogues here 

Edited by Almateria, 26 March 2017 - 02:26 AM.

#403 -Mark-

-Mark-

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Gonna fix up #1 & #2 next thursday when I gain windows access

#3 is not gonna happen because its the only way i can reproduce random encounters. I'm still not sure if the ettin works. I think it doesn't, but nobody's gonna check anyway

Do you really do butt stuff on the first date?  Do you have a face pic?

#404 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

e: hahah yeah no

Edited by Almateria, 10 April 2017 - 04:04 PM.

#405 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Okay, creepy internet dudes (most internet dudes) aside, I uploaded a new version that

• a) Fixes up a bug with the Restored Alternative Slayer Change component which got indirectly brought up to my attention on Reddit. Namely, if you started the game in Chapter 8, you could never master the change, and got stuck with the lame version. Now mastery is given in Chapter 8 regardless of whether you did it in-game, just chalk it up to a side-effect of you getting your soul back.
  • b) Gives the Slayer change a 100 max HP bonus instead of setting it to 100, to be more accurate to the intended description. It's not really OP because hey, it lasts like 15 seconds still. 

e: on separate news, i can't believe it takes me more time to edit the readmes and repackage everything properly than to add some code ugh

Edited by Almateria, 21 April 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#406 -Gotz-

-Gotz-

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

Hey, Dont want to annoy, but I'm installing BWS and I cannot for the love of my mother find a working link for Almateria's quest 2.3. Alma, could you have a spare one for a lost soul?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#407 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

I recommend not installing it because it literally doesn't contain a quest and is just false advertising

#408 -Gotz-

-Gotz-

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

I recommend not installing it because it literally doesn't contain a quest and is just false advertising

Ayyyyyy

#409 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

COPY_EXISTING slayerw3.itm override
This snippet in v.8.2.8 .tp2 breaks installation of Almateria's Restoration under BWS. If you intent to support classic BG you might want to restrict it to EE installs only.

Edited by Creepin, 08 May 2017 - 12:35 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#410 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

Bwuh. How is it so?

#411 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

There's no slayerw3.itm in classic far as I could tell and failure to access it makes ARP uninstall whole "minor restorations" subcomponent.

Edited by Creepin, 09 May 2017 - 11:23 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#412 szmatan

szmatan
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

Excuse me, but I'm afraid that the newest release is somewhat broken... I mean component "minor restorations" cannot be installed beacause of lack of some file :(... In v8.2.7 version this component was able to install. May I ask you to fix that component please?

#413 merzbau

merzbau
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

Same problems here, "minor restorations" subcomponent cannot be installed successfully. This is only happening on vanilla BG2 games.

#414 -Social Justice Goblin-

-Social Justice Goblin-

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:20 PM

Hello Ms. Almateria! Do you know when your mod will be compatible again with BWS this year? I hope I'm not bugging you asking you this.

-Have a lovely End of July! :)

#415 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

Hello Ms. Almateria! Do you know when your mod will be compatible again with BWS this year? I hope I'm not bugging you asking you this.

The mod is compatible/supported by BWS. There is one component that is not compatible with non-EE games (see previous posts). You need to confirm this manually in BWS if you insist of installing it nonetheless. That is all.

Edited by Roxanne, 22 July 2017 - 11:48 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#416 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

Same problems here, "minor restorations" subcomponent cannot be installed successfully. This is only happening on vanilla BG2 games.

It probably isn't the proper solution, but until Almateria has time to fix this, you can modify the code so that it doesn't try to copy the nonexistant file:

Open the file setup-arestorationp.tp2 and find the code that deals with slayerw3 (line 2485 if i remember correctly). Then you can either delete this little part of code, or better surround it with a action_if clause that only tries to copy this file if it exists. It will look like the following (essentially you only add the first line with action_if and last line with end):

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~slayerw3.itm~ BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING slayerw3.itm override
LPF ALTER_ITEM_EFFECT
INT_VAR
check_globals = 1
match_opcode = 18
parameter2 = 3
END
BUT_ONLY
END

#417 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

I was supposed to fix it in the traffic jam today but my laptop doesn't hold a charge anymore lol. And then I got sick and high consecutively lmao.

tomorrow fo sho

#418 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:56 AM

Okay yeah I fixed it, took only three months

#419 -Felipe-

-Felipe-

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

Hi Almateria, idk if you were asked many times about this (sorry if i'm being annoying because of this) but i wanted to know if you ever thought of merging your pack with this one:

http://www.pocketpla...d=101&Itemid=80

I'm sure you got your reasons in case you rejected this (i'm curious why ;) ) but why 2 packs instead of one? Also, If those 2 packs were merged with bg2 fixpack into a single package where the installation could be divided in 2 sections, one for fixes and the other for the restorations it would be even better. ;)

#420 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

I feel like having a section for fixes is superfluous in both mods right now as Fixpack is now back in development haha.

And I uh actually haven't been asked that much! Since. Well. On SHS ppl don't really suggest that much i guess. Mutual courtesy? Like nobody told Vlad that installing baldurdash is such a weird requirement?? From other people I think like most people knew I am an incredibly prideful person and prolly wouldn't be like me to like... acquiesce to a bigger mod that's been going on for a while! Anyway other things are: UB wasn't updated in 7 years at the moment of ARP's conception so it looked like a lost cause. Last thing is: I actually don't agree with some choices UB made with restorations! Stuff like... Kalah's promise and a few other components feel very uneven in their writing, and just feel like a pretty poor addition that feels like authorial addition, that has nothing to do with what, for me, restoration is about. I'd be fine if there was UB and UB+ version, like with Wesp's patch for VtM: Bloodlines, right, but I, myself wouldn't implement stuff that does not have a supported mechanical source. Like this is IMO the difference between Minsc's quest and Haer'dalis's quest. First one doesn't feel in place.

fuck i hope this is intelligible i'm so fucking high i'm burning in exosphere.