Photo

Knights Of The Old Republic 2 : Sith Lords

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#61 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:48 PM

I meant, can you choose which romance your KotOR1 PC is assumed to have had?
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#62 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:00 PM

I meant, can you choose which romance your KotOR1 PC is assumed to have had?

View Post

spoilers:

kinda, because some posts mention bastilla still misses a male revan...

you can choose 4 permutations of how the first game ended...male light, male dark, female light, female dark...i think the romance if applicable is implied, and they took the endings with implied romance...though carth is also found to be alive in the game... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: and a female dark romance can kill him if you choose the correct choices...

but no explicit choosing of how the romance went...in fact, finding out what happened to revan is a big part of the endstory.. ;)

Edited by Userunfriendly, 12 December 2004 - 11:03 PM.

They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#63 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:33 AM

Sounds like there's room for my female Light Side Revan who romanced Juhani, then. Thanks, Userunfriendly.

Edited by Kish, 13 December 2004 - 12:34 AM.

Posted Image

#64 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:07 AM

Damn! Sounds so good... wish that it would be out for PC already! Deus Ex: Invisible War is a very good game btw, played it through and watched all the endings.

#65 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:09 AM

(lights the torches of rebellion) Burn The X-Box!!! Burn Them In Hell!!! *hiss* BOO!!! (not the hamster)
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#66 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:33 AM

Bah, Im just looking forward top laughing at all the xbox plyers when they release the much improved, 10x better version for PC. :P
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#67 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:49 PM

umm...I wasn't aware of the pc version being 10x better.

And security's actually USEFUL(!) this time around, i'll have to keep that it mind.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#68 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:18 PM

Sounds like there's room for my female Light Side Revan who romanced Juhani, then.  Thanks, Userunfriendly.

View Post

nope...junhani romance is not official, so you never even find out what happened to her...

pity that, i liked the juhani romance quite a bit... :(
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#69 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 02:22 PM

umm...I wasn't aware of the pc version being 10x better.

And security's actually USEFUL(!) this time around, i'll have to keep that it mind.

View Post

i am beginning to think that sentinel may be the uber class this time, instead of scoundrel...

also, i've found out that the NUMBER of components you get when you break down items to make components you can then assemble into more powerful items is solely dependent on the repair skill of the PROTAGONIST ONLY. a bug, but quite significant...

which leads me to suspect that other important workbench functions may require a high protagonist skill base... :o :o :o

i guess they listened to all the feedback asking for more importance being placed on skills, eh??? :whistling:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#70 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:04 PM

That's a big change. (plans to make high int sentinel when i get the $ for kotor 2)
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#71 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:07 PM

For everybody's information:

I do not longer read this topic, because of the spoilers.

If there is anything that need my attention in this thread (being the moderator of this forum), contact me on PM.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#72 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 07:54 PM

Sounds like there's room for my female Light Side Revan who romanced Juhani, then.  Thanks, Userunfriendly.

View Post

nope...junhani romance is not official, so you never even find out what happened to her...

Not official? Hm, can you clarify (without spoilers other than this)? Is it spelled out that a female Light Side Revan had a romance with Carth, or does it just never say either way?

Edited by Kish, 15 December 2004 - 01:41 AM.

Posted Image

#73 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 01:30 AM

(now wants more info) UU MORE!!!! :wacko: need more :wacko: :wacko:
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#74 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:16 PM

umm...I wasn't aware of the pc also, i've found out that the NUMBER of components you get when you break down items to make components you can then assemble into more powerful items is solely dependent on the repair skill of the PROTAGONIST ONLY.  a bug, but quite significant...

UUF-47: Retraction: Even the game engine exploiting, powergamer such as I can make mistatements...it turns out that this affects only a few start of game workbenches in the first area only...the rest of the game, the repair skill of the operator is significant.

kish, according to game guide, its assumed you had the romance...for example, a certain npc will pass along lightside and dark side greetings from bastilla if you played male...

and greetings from carth if lightside male...

so yes, regardless you did have a romance in the game, regardless of what you choose.

some more previews...

the item system is so complex...its going to be mandatory for the technical npcs to concentrate on one or two class skills, and push them as far as you can...you WILL want them and them only to make the high powered components...many very powerful items can only be had by making them yourself...

bugs abound...however, i get the impression that the majority of the problems has to do with an older dvd rom standard for the xbox, which fortunately i have a newer dvd drive...still, i plan to buy the pc version too later, when i buy a new computer next year...(and if your xbox has a mod chip that loads the game to the hard drive, there are bugs for that modification too.. :rolleyes: )

everyone is truely grateful for the new cooler, and large selection of robes...yay!!!

the prestige classes rock!!! i am so tempted by guardian weapon master, guardian sith marauder, consular jedi master, consular sith lord...

even more force spamming is possible in the game...of course given the god awful pathfinding in melee combat, ranged or forcespamming enemies to death with force scream is viable... :whistling:

the plotline is quite interesting, and as before some people hate, others love it...just like in kotor 1

any specific questions???

(will there be a kotor 2 forum, even though its not bioware?)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#75 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:57 AM

Any improvements/changes to the dialog system?

Edited by Tom, 16 December 2004 - 01:58 AM.

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#76 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:12 AM

Does anyone know when the PC version will be release ? Any date announced ?

#77 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 03:52 AM

What about the difficulty? Is it still too easy to beat every monstar with uber buber jedi master?

#78 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:33 PM

Any improvements/changes to the dialog system?

View Post

its suppose to be fairly buggy for some people, but once again others have gloated on the forums as having no bugs at all...the new influence system really adds to replayability, and the strategy guide really helps...

i don't know how i feel about both a alignment and npc influence system...i think i would like it, but been watching extended edition of return of the king, and some anime i just bought... :P

What about the difficulty? Is it still too easy to beat every monstar with uber buber jedi master?

View Post

yep....but you'll be so happy playing with new feats and force powers you really won't care... :devil: (hopefully they'll fix the bugs with force armor, and speed series... :( )

Does anyone know when the PC version will be release ? Any date announced ?

View Post

late feb, i think..
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#79 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 02:07 AM

Yep, February it is, but I haven't seen any more info enywhere.

#80 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 04:16 PM

Yep, February it is, but I haven't seen any more info enywhere.

View Post

direct from dev working for obsidian...

6 staff are working on patches, bug fixes for the pc edition.

feb 11 was the last i've heard...

well, i can afford a uber dell, or high end alienware computer soon, so i am getting kotor for pc and kotor 2 for pc later... :devil: :devil: :devil:

another taste of gaming goodness...

workbench...

due to the random nature of the random loot system, you may never see the most powerful items in the game..but the customization is spiffy...

say the only robe you have is the jolee robe...which has pretty bad stats...but can be upgraded with a mesh and underlay upgrade...

you have a lot of components, so you decide after checking the strategy guide, that what you want is the regeneration ability...

so you find the person with the most treat injury skill, and use him/her/it to make the most powerful regeneration upgrade for the jolee bindo robes you can make...

install it, and now you regenerate...

(the example i used is bogus, but gives you a good idea of how it works...)

(but the jolee bindo robes do exist, they just suck..)

there are some benefits to being a sentinel, like upgrading t3, (like hk in knights I) but really, the best class seems to be consular/jedi master/sith master...with unlimited xp cap, and some exploits, decent wisdom, and good items to boost wisdom, you can force spam everything in the game...

plus, with the missing xp cap, a lightsider could easily end up with 600 force points, so why bother missing out on the really cool darkside offensive powers? force scream, force crush, force lightning everything you see...laugh like a sith lord...

and for you naughty darksiders, use force valor whenever you want to...

a high int, 14 is highly recommended, some quests need the 14 int for best results..

there are some truely wicked xp exploits posted already...level 70 is quite possible, if a bit long...

while i am tempted by the high wis guardian/watchman, the guardian/sith assassin sounds so cool... :devil:

you need 18 con for the best implants in the game, some of which are incredibly powerful, and makes some truely horrifying uber consular stats possible... :P :P :P
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...