Release: paperdoll fix for BG II

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:59 AM

Well, I assumed everyone knows the err.... 'beauty' (rofl) of BGII's paperdolls so I didn't put in any 'before' screenshots :D

崇高滑稽
·

#22 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:50 AM

Okay - everything to make you happy ;)

BEFORE
and
AFTER

[edit: Dead image removed.]

Edited by Lightspeed, 23 August 2005 - 06:17 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#23 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 12:39 PM

I think the work experience kid did the BG2 paperdolls.

#24 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:49 PM

Just to warn anyone using Tutu. I've experienced crashes using this component along with Tutu. Mine occured when putting a helmet on Kivan.

#25 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:59 PM

That's odd. I'm playing tutu with my files and it works like a charm.

Could you try to track down that problem?

Which helmet was it?

I might have done something wrong on packaging the download.

-edit: Oh, just had an idea. Do you have the item fix installed? If you don't, you might have your problem right there.

Edited by Lightspeed, 26 July 2004 - 02:02 PM.

崇高滑稽
·

#26 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:11 AM

I also had the paperdoll and item fix working under Tutu. For reasons too long to go into I had to reinstall Tutu, so I removed both BG1 and 2, went through all the same steps I'd gone through before, put in both paperdolls and items, and it all worked until I tried to put a helmet on Kivan (I tried a horned helmet, then SK'd in a knightly cross helmet, which also caused a crash).

My experience with Tutu suggests it's not the most reliable beast. The first time I played Candlekeep had blue water, the next time it had green. The battle music no longer wishes to work either.

I spent most of my Sunday reinstalling and moving between these problems :)

#27 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 02:48 AM

must be an installation issue, then. If you apply the patch first and then run the converter, everything should be working fine.

崇高滑稽
·

#28 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:51 AM

It should be, but it doesn't. After all, you shouldn't get green water either, but sometimes it doesn't convert it correctly, hence my warning about these paperdolls in Tutu. They may work, but you might be one of the unlucky ones.

#29 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:30 AM

Well, tutu converted pretty good for me. Only problem I can spot so far is that Emerson's dialog was broken, and it has made some problems with the water (i.e. water pixels where there shouldnt be any).

崇高滑稽
·

#30 Barnwellknight

Barnwellknight
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:26 AM

Is there anyway to just install some of the graphics? I really want to have the BG I paper dolls and helmets. I want to keep the BG II shields, weapons, and armor graphics.

#31 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:54 AM

Partially, yes.

There's no way to consistently change it, though, for the BG2 shield graphics will not work with the BG1 paperdolls.

You can revert the inventory icons (but only those, not the paperdoll images!) by simply deleting the according BAMs from the files (not sure how you'd proceed with the WeiDU version).

崇高滑稽
·

#32 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:02 AM

I could set it up as an install-level option, if there's demand for it.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#33 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:08 PM

Lightspeed,

Are you planning any sort of new artwork to this great production of yours ? Is there any part of it you're not really completely satisfied with ? Thanks for your attention! :thumb:

#34 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 March 2005 - 06:41 PM

Certainly. There's many things I'm not satisfied with.

However, those which can easily be fixed already are. So unless I suddenly have a lot of free time and get bored, it's unlikely there'll be anything new.

#35 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 06:43 PM

^---

Heh, sorry, I forgot to log in. :unsure:

崇高滑稽
·

#36 -zsknight22-

-zsknight22-

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:03 PM

Hey all,

I must admit first of all that this is my very first time posting a thread about anything at all. I want to congratulate all of those folks who are responsible for making one pixel productions. It is truly an awesome mod. The things that I hate in BG2 more than the paperdolls are the avatars and animations. In BG1 they were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better looking. I know you have it in you to make it possible to play through the lush, chock-full-of-adventure game of BG2 with the lovely looking BG1 avatars. You folks are the ONLY ones who have any interest at all on this issue. It seems as though the whole rest of the world thinks the ugly, horrid, make-me-want-to-vomit character avatars and paperdolls of BG2 are just fine and dandy and whatever else.

I must formally beg (formally beg? Is that even possible? lol) you to at least attempt to make my wishes come true.. for BG1 avatars and animations to come alive in BG2. I know without a doubt that there are others just like me who are lost without a single ray of hope on this issue. Save, one ray of hope. You folks who made One-Pixel productions possible. Please, please... I know you are busy and have many many many other things to do... but it would mean SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much if you could make this dream come true.

#37 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:08 PM

I just wanted to say great work! I have been using the BG 1 paper dolls in CA and they look really nice.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#38 Kamui2040

Kamui2040
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:33 AM

could set it up as an install-level option, if there's demand for it.

that would be great

#39 BR3

BR3
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:57 AM

I've got a bit of an oddball request, given the tone of the other posts here...

Does anyone know a way to install 1PP WITHOUT the paperdolls but installing everything else? The BG1 paperdolls dont really do anything for me, primarily because my favoured class of Monk looks like they're wearing a sack ;)

#40 WizWom

WizWom
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:03 PM

Does anyone know a way to install 1PP WITHOUT the paperdolls but installing everything else?

Set it up, then delete the PLT files from override?
Obvious, huh?