Is Mod X compatible with BP?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:25 AM

if you've got questions about the list of compatible mods or are unsure if a specific mod will work with BP, ask here and we'll try and help.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#2 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 03:36 AM

If you are using either the TDD kit remover or the Cleric remix, be sure to install these before you install any new kits or any NPCs that have their own kits (eg, Chloe), as you will otherwise be removing these kits as well.

Cleric Remix will remove PC selectable kits only. Kits that are not selectable by the PC are safe.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't actually remove the kits, it just makes them unselectable to the PC.

G3T completely hosed my BP install; being unwilling to try installing again, I can't confirm which components if any are compatible/incompatible.

Unless you did something really clever like installing the SoA World Map Fixes I don't see how we could have hosed your install. Incidently the Unlimited Stacks components from Tutu Tweaks would apply over all BP items rather that just the vanilla ones a la EoU. You may want to look into it.

Edited by Idobek, 12 September 2004 - 03:41 AM.

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 03:46 AM

Cleric Remix will remove PC selectable kits only. Kits that are not selectable by the PC are safe.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't actually remove the kits, it just makes them unselectable to the PC.

cheers Idobek - advice amended accordingly.

G3T completely hosed my BP install; being unwilling to try installing again, I can't confirm which components if any are compatible/incompatible.

Unless you did something really clever like installing the SoA World Map Fixes I don't see how we could have hosed your install. Incidently the Unlimited Stacks components from Tutu Tweaks would apply over all BP items rather that just the vanilla ones a la EoU. You may want to look into it.

y'know, that ( installing the SOA World Map Fix) is probably precisely what i did :blink: . i'll have to give G3Tweaks another try and see what happens...

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#4 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:45 AM

Hehe. Please to be reading the readme, where it explicitly states the SoA worldmap fixes are incompatible with BP. Otherwise, all components should be compatible, with the caveat that some components (2H Katanas, 2H Bastard Swords, Thieving in Heavy Armor, and Arcane Spellcasting in Armor) will only affect items from the original SoA/ToB and will not affect the new items added by BP.

To expand on what Idobek was saying about the kit removers... Cleric Remix only removes the clerical kits, though Jack published a smaller mod that removes them all. Kit removal is also a bit of a misnomer as nothing is actually removed, it simply hides these kits for character creation so other kits can be installed. In other words, the kit removers should have no effect on mods like Chloe or on BP creatures that may use a BP kit.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#5 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:00 PM

I need some help here. I have bp installed with a few mods extra...
I have the latest versions of ascension (weidu and non-weidu) and redemption 1.2.

The problem is that ascension 1.2 is hardwired in bp so i cant install redemption (it needs the 1.4 version of ascension).What should i do?? Should i try and install ascension 1.4.17(weidu)???
I've heard there's a way to trick the check for the ascension version but i must know exactly...i dont want to screw up my install (i did that so many times till now lol).I hope ascension redemption is compatible with bp and npc mods and won't interfere in a bad way with my save...(im at underdark by the way).

PS : Many many thanks to the modders and all of you who try as much as you can to improve this game (bug reporting,patches etc)...You sure do a hell of a job wherever u r...
Ignorance Is Bliss

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:33 PM

the version of redemption you install won't make a difference to whether it installs with BP or not. there's an edit you need to make to the Setup-Redemption.tp2 file to make it think that ascension is installed. i don't know what this edit actually *is*, off the top of my head, as i've never installed redemption, but one of the other BP regulars like hlid, Sir BB or Sir-Kill might know. at any rate, install the most recent version of the mod you can find.

#7 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:41 PM

the version of redemption you install won't make a difference to whether it installs with BP or not. there's an edit you need to make to the Setup-Redemption.tp2 file to make it think that ascension is installed. i don't know what this edit actually *is*, off the top of my head, as i've never installed redemption, but one of the other BP regulars like hlid, Sir BB or Sir-Kill might know. at any rate, install the most recent version of the mod you can find.

then i guess ill need the help of one of them as u say...ok about the redemption version but what about the ascension??? should i stay with 1.2? or can i update it at 1.4.17?? and do i need a weidu or a non-weidu install? (of course i have both but dont know which to install)
Ignorance Is Bliss

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 08:37 AM

I haven't gotten to the point of using Redemption in many many months. Also, like Hlid, Jonny can burn for all I care. So I haven't even bothered installing that mod in almost a year now.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#9 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 02:32 PM

I haven't gotten to the point of using Redemption in many many months. Also, like Hlid, Jonny can burn for all I care. So I haven't even bothered installing that mod in almost a year now.

I can appreciate your feelings for the imaginary enemy personage but in this case a player asked for your help and instead of helping you were deliberately er... rude? Sorry for pointing this out -- it seems that my mods bring forth the worst in even the nicest people lately...

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#10 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 05:26 PM

I can appreciate your feelings for the imaginary enemy personage but in this case a player asked for your help and instead of helping you were deliberately er... rude? Sorry for pointing this out -- it seems that my mods bring forth the worst in even the nicest people lately...

given that i asked for SirBB's assistance by name, i feel i should contextualise here...

i think SirBB's post reads as less polite than it is intended to be. given he's been modding BGT nonstop for the last few months and hasn't even played SOA, i suspect he means he hasn't reached the point in TOB where Redemption would kick in. and then of course when he reached that point it wouldn't be installed anyway.... :blink:

it's fair to say that there wasn't much call on plaguezone for Redemption-compatibility, but, hey, i'm all for making as many mods as possible compatible with BP, so if there's anything i can do to assist in this process dorotea, let me know.

#11 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 05:32 PM

My fault then, I guess my feathers are easily ruffled these days. Will answer about compatibility in the other thread.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#12 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 08:27 PM

Sorry about that. I didn't mean anything against your mod. As Seanas has pointed out, I have been working on BGT mods for months now. I haven't been in the SOA area since April, I think. I haven't been in the TOB area in over a year.

In the past, I have installed Redemption as part of BP but I haven't had a chance to get that far to actually play it. Some day...

Classic Adventures

#13 Lannister

Lannister
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 10:37 AM

Hello,

Sorry for being such a bother, But I`m thinking about playing BG 2 again, this time with TDD, SOS, TOB and TS using the big picture mod.

I have read about Cbissons Mod Check the bodies ant it sounds very niche, however using the search function i find controversial statements concerning its compatibility with BP ( having something to do with the worldmap)

So I am asking, has anyone played both at the same time and do they really work together ??????

And just another quick question. I wanted to use another romance mod for this Run through BG, however i heard Tashia is incompatible with BP, so has anyone a nice recoimmendation for a female romance mod for my male paladin PC ?

Thanks in advance,
L.

#14 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 10:48 AM

Sorry for being such a bother, But I`m thinking about playing BG 2 again, this time with TDD, SOS, TOB and TS using the big picture mod.

I have read about Cbissons Mod Check the bodies ant it sounds very niche, however using the search function i find controversial statements concerning its compatibility with BP ( having something to do with the worldmap)

the controversy is based upon a misunderstanding - one i shared, i have to admit - on what CtB did and didnt do. it is, in fact, fully compatible with BP - no worldmap dramas, nothing. it has worldmap issues with a BP-BGT (or BP-BGT-NEJ) install, but as you are not planning either of these, CtB will be fully compatible with your planned install.

And just another quick question. I wanted to use another romance mod for this Run through BG, however i heard Tashia is incompatible with BP, so has anyone a nice recommendation for a female romance mod for my male paladin PC ?

i'm not sure where this came from - i've seen it around but there's no basis of truth in it. tashia is listed as compatible in the BP compatibility list, and i can assure you this listing is correct, as tashia is always (even when i don't use her) part of my BP install. tashia can have issues - not BP specific - with 'No Valid Links or Replies' in Tree of Life dialogues and the Hell-battle with Irenicus, but these problems are neither universally experienced by tashia users nor specific to BP, and there are workarounds on the tashia forum in case you experience either of these problems. i'd thoroughly recommend tashia - nothing smooths out the BP battles like a decent sorcerer.

Edited by seanas, 19 September 2004 - 10:50 AM.

#15 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:17 PM

Freedoms Reign(v3) and Imoen Romance(v1.2) were supposed to be compatible with bp but they both do errors on installations....if someone is responsible for these mods i'd like some help or a patch or something (or a new version of these mods) which is compatible...

PS : The problem occurs after the full bp installation and the bp fixpack by the way....Its not an in-game problem just an install problem...
Ignorance Is Bliss

#16 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:49 PM

Strange as both those mods are always in my installation without any errors. :blink:

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#17 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 02:10 PM

Strange as both those mods are always in my installation without any errors. :blink:

u mean u've tried the latest versions of imoen romance and freedoms reign and it was ok with the latest bp and bp fixes?? strange that is...reign of virtue is installed ok at me only freedoms reign problem....i wouldnt say its a major problem....just many parse warnings and other stuff...its not that the install fails it says successful, its just i hate warning and such...same thing with imoen romance 1.2 with 1.201 patch.....
Ignorance Is Bliss

#18 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 02:23 PM

u mean u've tried the latest versions of imoen romance and freedoms reign and it was ok with the latest bp and bp fixes??

Not only tried them, I'm the one who rebuilt the current versions. :P

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#19 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 05:17 PM

Strange as both those mods are always in my installation without any errors.  :blink:

u mean u've tried the latest versions of imoen romance and freedoms reign and it was ok with the latest bp and bp fixes?? strange that is...reign of virtue is installed ok at me only freedoms reign problem....i wouldnt say its a major problem....just many parse warnings and other stuff...its not that the install fails it says successful, its just i hate warning and such...same thing with imoen romance 1.2 with 1.201 patch.....

Parse errors are common with Weidu. You can get them from having a dialog file that lets the other person end the conversion instead of you. Dialog strings are designed as "creature talks then player talks". If the player doesn't have a comment, the .D file leaves it with a ~~ showing that there is no response.

If you look at those parse errors, they are saying that NI may have a problem with this, not that Weidu has a problem. I haven't seen a problem in NI with dialog files, but that is what Weidu claims "could" happen.

From what I have seen of Weidu, if it doesn't like the file it is supposed to install (real errors) it either skips the file or chokes on install. So it sounds like you are seeing the typical warnings of a mod installation. Nothing to worry about.

Classic Adventures

#20 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 05:54 PM

then i guess im a little newbe...thanks for the help anyway...i guess i should try them without fear then....:)))
Ignorance Is Bliss