• 589 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

Looks in game to me.

#43 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

Order of the Radiantly Radiant

• 1468 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:35 PM

This is why I' m loving TES. No chicks in fur bikinis, no EE breasts. Sorry it's a chick thing.
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

Xtreme Versatility? Xpress Yourself!

#44 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:51 AM

Any opinions on this one? I have trouble accepting it as an ingame shot >_<

View Post

I'd find it hard to believe myself if the top of the fireplace wasnt clipping with the beams. And if you feel that way about it Jyzabyl then its even more reason not to like WoW ;)
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#45 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:03 AM

They really managed to do a good shot with this one... and I can only imagine what it would look like with some high graph texture replacers. And WoW is a good game but it's full of the stuff Jyzabyl mentioned.

#46 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

• 1468 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:12 AM

I knew I hated WoW for a reason.
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. Socrates

Not only are female redheads frequently lovely but theirs is a loveliness that suggests both lust and danger, pleasure and violence, and is, therefore, to the male of the species virtually irresistible. Red O red were the tresses of the original femme fatale. Tom Robbins

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Unless you know anthing about anatomy. In that case the way to a man's heart is through his ribs with a meat cleaver. Miss Jyzzy's Guide to Men.

#47 oralpain

oralpain
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:04 PM

This is why I' m loving TES. No chicks in fur bikinis, no EE breasts. Sorry it's a chick thing.

Daggerfall had it's fair share of naked, voluptuous women. Well I think they were voluptious...it's hard to tell at 320x240, 8-bit color. Maybe pixelated is a better word.

Anyway, I think a plausible variety of body types would be best. Most games seem to jsut have one or two templates per race/gender.

#48 Jyzabyl

Jyzabyl

• 1468 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:10 PM

There's nothing plausible about going of to battle in a fur bikini. And you can't swing a 2 handed weapon with anything more than a
c cup

Edited by Jyzabyl, 18 September 2005 - 09:10 PM.

#49 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:16 AM

Any opinions on this one? I have trouble accepting it as an ingame shot >_<

View Post

I do not find that hard to believe. It only makes me want this game even more. If their promises for Oblivion turn out to be true - and it is my impression that Bethesda do not go for the usual rhetorical bullshit that is so common these days - then this game is going to be amazing.

-Echon

#50 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:34 AM

I really, really, really hope Bethesda use this engine for the Fallout game they're also working on :).

#51 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:58 AM

Yea, they did really good work modifying the engine for Oblivion. And I probably don't register that shoot full-game shot because Oblivion is the first so said "Second Generation RPG". All this leads to the decision that it will be :coolthumb: :clap:

#52 oralpain

oralpain
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:08 PM

I do not find that hard to believe. It only makes me want this game even more. If their promises for Oblivion turn out to be true - and it is my impression that Bethesda do not go for the usual rhetorical bullshit that is so common these days - then this game is going to be amazing.

-Echon

I still expect this game to be reasonably buggy on release. Then again that did not stop me from enjoying Daggerfall or Morrowind.

I hope oblivion lives up to exepectations, but all I've seen are a couple of videos and some screen shots. I know the graphics will be excelent, but there are more important factors.

There's nothing plausible about going of to battle in a fur bikini.

Celts, zulu, an countless others regualrly went into battle naked or near naked at various times throughout history. The desprate, poor, or surprised still go into battle with whatever they've got on at the time.

The existance of the fur bikini itself is the implausible part.

And you can't swing a 2 handed weapon with anything more than a c cup

I've seen otherwise.

#53 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:04 AM

-Echon

I still expect this game to be reasonably buggy on release. Then again that did not stop me from enjoying Daggerfall or Morrowind.

I hope oblivion lives up to exepectations, but all I've seen are a couple of videos and some screen shots. I know the graphics will be excelent, but there are more important factors.

There's nothing plausible about going of to battle in a fur bikini.

Celts, zulu, an countless others regualrly went into battle naked or near naked at various times throughout history. The desprate, poor, or surprised still go into battle with whatever they've got on at the time.

The existance of the fur bikini itself is the implausible part.

And you can't swing a 2 handed weapon with anything more than a c cup

I've seen otherwise.

View Post

Hehheh... well, it's reasonable to expect that the game is buggy when released, but they'll patch it pretty quick. And we must not forget the modder-made patches that exist for Morrowind, BGs etc. They fix the rest of the bugs went unnoticed by the official patching. Personally I'm waiting for the Oblivion mods, interesting to see how much better the textures and character faces etc. can come... :)

#54 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:06 PM

I know the graphics will be excelent, but there are more important factors.

View Post

Have a look at the some of the numerable interviews from the past couple of months to get an idea about what is happening to the gameplay.

-Echon

#55 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:56 PM

The only way you can get a decent idea of the gameplay is by playing the game - a description can only do so much. I think Fable was a perfect example of this, in that they said it was going to have all this awesome stuff, but it was rather dissapointing.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#56 Echon

Echon

Planewanker

• 284 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:36 AM

Obviously. I still choose to believe in what their are saying, though. Most of what was said about Morrowind before its release came out to be true.

-Echon

#57 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:39 AM

And we do know Bethesda from good games from before Oblivion, and I have confidence in that the Oblivion team is talented enough to make the claims true. Fable was... well, a disappointment, but Bethesda has produced more successes than over-hyped flops.

#58 oralpain

oralpain
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:15 PM

And we do know Bethesda from good games from before Oblivion, and I have confidence in that the Oblivion team is talented enough to make the claims true. Fable was... well, a disappointment, but Bethesda has produced more successes than over-hyped flops.

Biggest flop in the history of Bethesda was Battlespire. I bought it when it came out in hopes that it would be something like a multiplayer Daggerfall. It was the biggest waste of 50 bucks in my entire life. If the money was physically stolen from me, I would have felt less ripped off.

Still, most of Bethesda's games are rather good and the Elder Scrolls line has produced 3 good games so far (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind).

As for bugs and patches, both Daggerfall and Morrowind are still quite buggy.

#59 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:18 AM

Battlespire and Redguard flopped, true... that's why Morrowind is labeled the Elder Scrolls III though it's really the 5th TES game.

#60 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:44 AM

Hmm... you might want to check out this site: http://www.ag.ru/scr...oblivion/148089. It has some screenies I've never seen before... although the page is in russian so I can't read it. And I should mention that Bethesda has sent a newsletter exclusive on magic and some screenies, so if you've subscribed at the forums, check your mail. Otherwise you can pm me here and I'll forward it.