Photo

Single DVD Full Install for Baldur?s Gate 2

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 October 2005 - 02:49 PM

I cant find any *.IFO files :( Do I have to make images of my cds and then copy them?! Well, maybe it's because of the European Version ... !?

#22 -Valiant - BG2Addon Graphic Guy-

-Valiant - BG2Addon Graphic Guy-

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:17 AM

I made my own single DVD of Baldurīs Gate: ToTSC. I just instaled whole full game with full ToTSC, patched with the latest ToTSC patch, the patched again with No CD patch. Then I wrote down all registry entries that game setup has made. It is very important not to run the game even once after instalation, because it will write some additional things to baldur.ini that I donīt want. I also worte down all lines in original baldur.ini file to some paper exactly the way they were. Then copy all files and directories in my BG1: ToTSC directory to any temporary directory and uninstalled whole game. I run my registry cleaner (...jv16...) and deleted all remained entries in registry that game setup left after uninstalation process. After then I fired CreateInstall, created my own setup file that is able to write any .ini file and any registry entries from scratch. I CAB-bed whole game into cabinet packages, and made my own autorun DVD with setup and all .CAB files....

Then I tried to install it and it works like a charm.... B)

#23 Pex657

Pex657
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:18 PM

Has any one else put BGI and the ToTSC on one DVD?

#24 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:04 AM

Yup.

I didn't use an install system, though, just an archive.

#25 grogerson

grogerson
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:49 AM

Since a question remained unanswered (to me, anyway), I decided to check this information out. I am using XP and have:

Baldur's Gate Original Saga (3 CD, Tales of the Sword Coast incorporated)
Baldur's Gate II Collection:
Shadows of Amn (4 CD)
Shadows of Amn Bonus Disk (1 CD)
Throne of Bhaal (1 CD)
Icewind Dale Ultimate Collection:
Icewind Dale (2 CD)
Heart of Winter (1 CD)
Icewind Dale II (2 CD)
Icewind Dale II Bonus Disk (1 CD)
Planescape: Torment (4 CD)

I have placed each Infinity Engine game on its own DVD. I have installed each from the DVD and been able to play the games.

Baldur's Gate Original Saga, Icewind Dale II and Planescape: Torment can simply be dumped onto a single DVD, with almost nothing overwriting. The one exception were the Setup.* files on Icewind Dale II. A second set was on the second CD, and since they were newer I used them. These games have no expansion disks to work around.

Baldur's Gate II and Icewind Dale do have expansion disks. Tom's post above works for Baldur's Gate II - Throne of Bhaal. The same method can be used for Icewind Dale - Heart of Winter, without need of the *.ifo file (there isn't one). Both play from the expansion disk so they must be the root directory. The one item I encountered with installing Icewind Dale was having the installer ask for CD2, but since the installer was already pointing at it I simply hit the OK button.

I can only assume Baldur's Gate - Tales of the Sword Coast will work the same way as Baldur's Gate II. Since the Original Saga incorporated the expansion into a single installation, I could not check this out.

I also have the Forgotten Realms Deluxe Edition, so I may check out a Baldur's Gate with a Tales of the Sword Coast Expansion DVD at a later date. The set has Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn and Icewind Dale on individual DVDs, with their expansions on individual CDs. I was disappointed they didn't put Icewind Dale II onto a single DVD. Instead they left it on 2 CDs. And, of course, no bonus disks were included.

I hope this helps others in the future.

#26 Galthariel

Galthariel
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:40 AM

Hello,

I know this thread is old but maybe someone going to read it.

I've just reformated my machine and decided to play some old games. To preserve my old Baldur's Gate plus Tales of the Sword Coast Cds I've made a custom DVD for this game.

I'm using AutoPlay Media Studio 6 and so far I was able to build a very nice and fancy custom DVD although I'm stuck in one stupid thing.

1 - Everything is working fine except for the fact that the Setup still asking for the next CD. I just need to click Ok since all files are in the DVD folder and the Setup continues with installation.

Question: Anyone know if there is any command/ action in AutoPlay Media Studio 6 I can use to avoid this? What I need is something that don't ask for me the next CD since all files are there already.

Here is what I've made.

Copied all 4 Baldur's Gate CDs to a Temp Folder. Also created a TotSC folder inside the Temp folder and copied all files from the expansion CD in there too. Since TotSC Setup looks for the CD6 folder in the DVD root I've made an extra copy of the CD6 folder and put it into the DVD root. As I said everything works fine except for the above question.

Included in the DVD are:

1 - Both games (Baldur's Gate and TotSC)
2 - Latest Bioware official Patches and Latest Baldurdash Patches
3 - Original Soundtrack
4 - Baldur's Gate and TotSC Mods
5 - Manual and Maps
6 - Walkthroughs
7 - Wallpapers
8 - More good stuff

I've added a picture with screenshots of the DVD autorun installation pages.

Thanks

Thanks in Advance

Attached Images

• BGWelcomeInstall.jpg
  • BGInstallPages.jpg

Edited by Galthariel, 24 July 2007 - 07:42 AM.

#27 -ZombiesEatPppl-

-ZombiesEatPppl-

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:56 AM

WOW this place is great, no spastastic modderators having spasmotic attacks over no-cd crack disscussions!!!!

This place is the best:)

#28 scooter_booter88

scooter_booter88
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

And for those that don't mind haveing 1 DVD and 1 CD for BG with TotSC and another 1 DVD and 1 CD for BG2 with ToB can now go buy the Baldur's Gate 4 in 1 boxset (all the great many disks of BG on one DVD with a separate CD for TotSC and all teh great many disks of BG2 on another DVD with a seperate CD for ToB) :D I picked it up from EB Games for $10.
LOOK!!!!! A DIVERSION!!!!!! *points behind you then steals your cheese cake and makes a run for it* :D

SIR BILL BAILEY QUOTES:

"Three men walk into a bar, one of them is just a little bit stupid and the whole scene unfolds with tedious inevitibility..."

"Three blokes go into a pub. Well, I say three; could be four or five. Could be nine or ten, doesn't matter. Could have been fifteen, twenty - fifty. Round it up. Hundred. Let's go mad, eh - two-fifty. Tell you what, double it up - five hundred. Thousand! Oh, I've gone mad! Two thousand! Five thousand! (adopting auctioneer persona) Anyone? Five thousand, six thou, six thousand, ten thousand! Small town in Hertfordshire goes into a pub! Fifteen thousand blokes! Alright, let's go - population of Rotterdam. The Hague. Whole of Northern Holland. Mainland U.K. Let's go all the way to the top - Europe, alright? Whole of Europe goes - I say Europe. Could be Eurasia. Not the band, obviously, that's just two of them. Alright, continents - North America! Plus South America! Plus Antartica - that's just eight blokes in a weather station. Not a good example. Alright, make it a lot simpler, all the blokes on the planet go into the pub, right? And the first bloke goes up to the bar and he says "I'd like to buy a round of drinks for everyone" What an idiot."

"I'm a postmodern vegetarian. I eat meat ironically."

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

Hello,

I know this thread is old but maybe someone going to read it.

I've just reformated my machine and decided to play some old games. To preserve my old Baldur's Gate plus Tales of the Sword Coast Cds I've made a custom DVD for this game.

I'm using AutoPlay Media Studio 6 and so far I was able to build a very nice and fancy custom DVD although I'm stuck in one stupid thing.

Hi. I'd like to make something similar, except i'd also like to get more games than BII. Something like BG + BII + Torment + patches + no cd would be nice. Its not a good idea to attempt more (like BGT) since those mods are constantly changing.

Any hints?

#30 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:40 PM

I'm curious also, why did you (apparently) not pre-install the patch in the game files? It's not possible?

#31 gloomfrost

gloomfrost
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

Just wanted to say thank you for this walk through Grey Acumen and to Tom
for the screen shots to help me. I finally got around to doing this.

I've bought BG2 twice and ToB twice because of scratches and installation errors.

Following your walk through i found the replacement brand new cd's also had some installation errors so using the old discs and the new discs and an ISO
file i was able to piece everything together in one nice seamless install.

Also found it odd that if i tried to get rid of the silly D&D movie mpg or even make one a different smaller size i would get a warning error so lessoned learned
leave EVERYTHING on those installation discs in their original state. It is OK however to add a mods patches folder like tom did with new updates custom characters etc.

Well again this is just a long winded thanks from a veteran that wants to preserve a great game i have bought to many times ;)

Thanks again folks.