GUI maker needed for BGT-WeiDU

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#161 Yacomo

Yacomo

cartographer of the realms

• 485 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:32 AM

I didn't look at the details but if you have some other mod installed before Menu mod and that mod's been reinstalled at some moment there is no Elminster's background anymore. Something doesn't work...

View Post

Thanks for pointing this out KD :thumb: Indeed, I was using AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT in the tp2 file, while I should be using AT_EXIT :(

* EDIT * File now available here. This time WeiDU is included ;)

Edited by Yacomo, 09 April 2005 - 05:03 AM.

#162 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:34 AM

That's excellent, thanks ;)

#163 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:52 AM

Is that all of it? The 'bugs' I mean? Otherwise, I'd like to throw this in to BGT-WeiDU (and get rid of the confusing StrRef patching that BGT-WeiDU currently makes) and release it in the next release, which will quite some while anyway. Of course, it will be an optional component.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#164 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:04 AM

Is that all of it?  The 'bugs' I mean?  Otherwise, I'd like to throw this in to BGT-WeiDU (and get rid of the confusing StrRef patching that BGT-WeiDU currently makes) and release it in the next release, which will quite some while anyway.  Of course, it will be an optional component.

View Post

Ups - yes go ahead and incorporate it! I thought it was clear that we were done if no further change requests were made :whistling:

One question: What happened to my beg to switch the buttons back to the way they were used in BP-BGT? Any chance for this change?

#165 Waywocket

Waywocket
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:54 AM

Is that all of it?  The 'bugs' I mean?  Otherwise, I'd like to throw this in to BGT-WeiDU (and get rid of the confusing StrRef patching that BGT-WeiDU currently makes) and release it in the next release, which will quite some while anyway.  Of course, it will be an optional component.

View Post

Ups - yes go ahead and incorporate it! I thought it was clear that we were done if no further change requests were made :whistling:

One question: What happened to my beg to switch the buttons back to the way they were used in BP-BGT? Any chance for this change?

View Post

I'd quite like this as well (unless I've got confused about which way round it went :)). It makes more sense to me to have the confirmation dialogue for when you skip BG1 and go straight to BG2, rather than starting BG1.

#166 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:23 PM

View Post

View Post

I'd quite like this as well (unless I've got confused about which way round it went :)). It makes more sense to me to have the confirmation dialogue for when you skip BG1 and go straight to BG2, rather than starting BG1.

View Post

Well, I was going to first torally remove the STRING_SETs in BGT-WeiDU and check what is changed first -- I haven't seen the GUI yet! :ermm:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#167 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:54 AM

View Post

View Post

View Post

Well, I was going to first torally remove the STRING_SETs in BGT-WeiDU and check what is changed first -- I haven't seen the GUI yet! :ermm:

View Post

Finally got to see the GUI and its very cool. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I only had to change one thing to make it suit, that is, alter the TUTORIAL button description. Otherwise, there was only one bug, that is the alternate start screen doesn't work because the AT_EXITs trigger backwards to what is stated in the .tp2. I've fixed that using batch files, so thanks again for all the great work. I can't give you enough credit for this. Cheers, Way and Yac! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Look for this in the next release of BGT-WeiDU.

--------------
Retired Modder

#168 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:54 AM

Hi folks,

Sorry to resurrect this old thread. Yeah, said I was done and all, but hey, call me a liar! As some of you know, I've been tinkering a lot with 3D tools lately and I couldn't resist to make some more BGT menu screenies. So here they are.

Ascension64, if you want some or all of them, just tell me and I'll 'moz' them up for you. Otherwise I'll just go back playing with my toys :D

All the best,

Yacomo

P.S.: Argh, attachments still don't work for me and I deleted almost all my old attachments :( So the piccies are now stored on my Geocities site, if you do not see them, bandwidth was exceeded and you'll have to try later, sorry!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#169 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:01 AM

Damn, They're good!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#170 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:32 AM

The Ripper is great! :devil:

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#171 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:17 PM

The Ripper almost looks like it came from Elder Scrolls 3! I think Elminster is a little bit too fake for my liking.

--------------
Retired Modder

#172 Waywocket

Waywocket
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:50 AM

Very nice! What did you use to model/render them?
And how long have you been practicing? They really don't look like you're new to that kind of thing.

#173 Yacomo

Yacomo

• 485 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:46 PM

Very nice! What did you use to model/render them?
And how long have you been practicing? They really don't look like you're new to that kind of thing.

View Post

Hi Waywocket!

Nice to see ya :) Well I do have some background, both in theory and practice, but that dates back to more than ten years. Todays tools and resources are sooo much better than the stuff I used way back...
Concerning the images above: They were done using Bryce, DAZStudio and Poser6 with a bit of help by GIMP for texture modifications / postwork and Shade for modelling. I have been playing with these and a couple other tools in my spare time for about two months now. What was probably more important was to learn how many models and textures are available today both free and commercially. No longer necessary to reinvent the wheel every time like I did ten years back :D Today it's more like a photographers job, getting the scene, the lights and the camera right. For instance, the Elminster above is based on the Michael figure from DAZ, the Skeleton is based on the Michael Skeleton also from DAZ. I did not build them myself, just 'hired' them and adjusted them for my needs :ph34r:

All the best,

Yacomo