Older versions archive part 1: Features

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#81 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 05:35 AM

Oops...Sorry mate! I thought you and T.G. were sort of a 'tag team' i.e. he does the design and you the coding, but I'm glad I was wrong anyway :lol:

As for the tables, I think there should be no problems there as you'll soon see from my TP2, maximum compatilibity is ensured :)

#82 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 08:45 AM

Oops...Sorry mate! I thought you and T.G. were sort of a 'tag team' i.e. he does the design and you the coding, but I'm glad I was wrong anyway  :lol:

And you were right, but I think I'm crossing the line, ehehe :lol:
I focus more on the kit, but it's a lot of work nonetheless, since almost all the HLAs for this kit are new :rolleyes:
And we're also expanding the scope of the mod, I figure TGM could use some design help :lol:

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#83 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 02:42 PM

A well-earned reply:

T.G. my fellow modder, you'll probably be happy to hear that I've played with a new experimental concept for the BH special snares by following your advice

Well done aVENGER, a really nice job! My only suggestion would be to give the 16th level Special Snare an extra Slow or Entangle effect. Blindness is fine, but there should be some penalties to free movement as well.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#84 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 06:27 PM

In my experiences, Blinded creatures won't move or attack while they are out of melee range, unless a script specifically orders them to do so, and AFAIK, none of the standard in-game scripts do that, perhaps those on boss creatures. BTW, this reminds me, all of the secondary effects have a lvl 20 cap when considering which creatures they can affect. That means that most 'bosses' are safe from the Grease, Entanglement, Blindness and Unconsciousness but the base damage still applies to them as usual. Oh and, the traps are now finished and tested as well.

BTW, I'm pretty much finished with v3.00, right now I'm just stylizing the dialogue, adding Journal Entries and making sure that all the checks work properly (man, do I have a lot of those!). If all goes well, (and my Uni doesn't get in the way too much) it should be up on Friday. :) Really now! :D :lol:

#85 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 11:16 PM

In my experiences, Blinded creatures won't move or attack while they are out of melee range, unless a script specifically orders them to do so, and AFAIK, none of the standard in-game scripts do that, perhaps those on boss creatures.

True. The only little flaw is that there is a mod out there (Tactics perhaps?) that has some BHs against the party, and those thieves actually use Special Snares. And since a human player has a mind of its own, it won't sit down and wait until he/she gets hacked. Still, I would advise to put in that Slow effect ;) and the correct displayabe icons as well!

it should be up on Friday

Great!
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#86 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 04:05 AM

The correct spell icons are already in place. (I always do this with all of my abilities, no matter what they affect)

BTW, I forgot to mention earlier, the Tranquilizing Shot ability has been slightly changed. It (the coating effect) now lasts for three rounds instead of two but it can no longer repeatedly knock out a creature until the first (unconsciousness) effect wears off (after nine seconds). This makes it more practical to use against multiple targets and less cheesy to use against a single target which is more balanced IMO. Also, the Unconsciousness effect now has a level cap of 20, meaning that it will not affect high level creatures i.e.' bosses '. I originally wanted to add a varying save vs. spell value, starting at +2 at level 1 and improving by -1 per every 10 levels (up to -2 at level 40) but I'm not so sure about that anymore.

This new approach to T-Shot has a few quirks though. Due to the nature of IE coding, each target can now only be knocked out once per one use of T-Shot, unless you stop attacking it completely for the following nine seconds. This was not intended, but it's still better than having dual classed Bounty Hunter/Fighters with 10 attacks per round knocking out a single opponent five times per round IMO. If you target different enemies with each hit, you should not notice the difference.