• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#221 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:10 PM

No, he did not. He said that the change is pending, and he would like to see things like ... But nothing, nothing at all had been confirmed. Why, I can't get a straight final and commited answer to just one question about the file naming!

Because we're in a wish list stage, and absolutely nothing is pending.

Edited by CamDawg, 19 January 2006 - 05:11 PM.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#222 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:18 PM

If from any of my previous posts you might get the Idea that I am against the merger you are quite wrong. What I am worried about is the lost of time and energy of the modders. There are currently modders working on both platforms. What will happen to Horred's AI, Vlad's BGT-NeJ2 patch? and Domi's TuTu mods? and other unanounced mods? If they all will have to have a major overhaul is this for the best?? Will the new BGTutu be that much better, then GREAT!!! Once it has been set what BGTuTu will be how long will it take to get coded and published?? Weeks?? Months?? a Year?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#223 -domi_ash-

-domi_ash-

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:22 PM

Well, the uncertainty is conducive to panic and stressfull, especially when people tell different things on the important issues. We are not discussing a new NPC mod here, where the option is to download it or not. We are discussing the substitution of the accpeted and beloved platforms, that we had had installed and which worked well, and for which we have the customer loyalty built etc.

I'd rather see competitive bids (the same way we have been pretty much presented with the bids on TUTU vs BGT) with an outline of possible options, than sit here and keep guessing for the second day in a row of what is going to occur, and if the files will get renamed or not. I find it an extremely stressful situation.

#224 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:24 PM

Well, I think once we've got all the pros and cons listed, assuming a merger will be attempted, we can then look at a timescale for implementing everyone's wishlists (which is what this thread is meant to be about).

#225 Drew

Drew
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:24 PM

By all appearances, most folks prefer tutu's naming system, reading through the thread.
People who use, have once used, or ever intend to use the word "ginormous" in the future should be shot. They needn't be killed, though. Just shot.

#226 Hety

Hety
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:54 PM

Well... when it comple to simplifying something "prefer" is not a big issue. We all prefer simpleand understandable things, rrright? :)
GIEF EPEX! © Believe @ Lightning' Blade(WoW)

I often type on shitty keyboards and in dark places. So dont mind my typos. PLEASE.

kkthxbye...

#227 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:35 AM

I have a very very simple question.

Who are the modders willing to partecipate to this ?
I should write here some names I believe are openly offering their intelligence to this project:

* Ascension64
* SimDing0
* CamDawg
* Andyr

Wow...What a team!

Also I believe there are others that might be willing to join them. As player, I'd like to know the developing group's names... :whistling: The names in bold are "confirmed"...

Can people confirm here that they're part of the project ? I know that it didn't yet start but I think there is not so much left to discuss,right ?

Perhaps some people do not understand what this is all about. It's not only the opportunity, like CamDawg said, to deliver a new, better product which benefits all players but also a chance to cancel old rivalries and making several different communities' members work together again.

P.S. By the way, the Poll says that over 67% is now favourable to the Merger...

Edited by Salk, 20 January 2006 - 12:58 AM.

#228 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:49 AM

Me too. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#229 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:57 AM

Great Andyr!! :Bow: I update the above post then...

#230 sadun

sadun
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:19 AM

I have a very very simple question.

Who are the modders willing to partecipate to this ?
I should write here some names I believe are openly offering their intelligence to this project:

* Ascension64
* SimDing0
* CamDawg
* Andyr

Wow...What a team!

Also I believe there are others that might be willing to join them. As player, I'd like to know the developing group's names... :whistling: The names in bold are "confirmed"...

Can people confirm here that they're part of the project ? I know that it didn't yet start but I think there is not so much left to discuss,right ?

Ascension64 is the moderator of bgt-weidu and Andyr, Simding and Camdawg are team member of TuTu. If they decided to do, decision is already made. No need to get word from anyone. Begin working and if you can produce better working version then i am sure more persons will join you. If you are aware of compatibility of other mods and wanna make coordinated work, not worry if you attrack more people modders will have to do compatibility thingie. :P

Perhaps some people do not understand what this is all about. It's not only the opportunity, like CamDawg said, to deliver a new, better product which benefits all players but also a chance to cancel old rivalries and making several different communities' members work together again.

P.S. By the way, the Poll says that over 67% is now favourable to the Merger...

Sure i dont know the details nor i care but if this is the case community cant do anything nor beginning new project. Releated persons must make peace each other. They must work together willingly not under the pressure of community wish. :whistling:

#231 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:35 AM

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to lend much development help in the initial stages. I really am trying to knock together BG2 Fixpack, and while I'm more than happy to assist (a la Tutu) I don't think I'll be able to do much heavy lifting until I feel satisfied with Fixpack and it's released.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#232 -domi_ash-

-domi_ash-

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:41 AM

Please, add to the wish list the following (I am assuming it is the "next to nothing" hope...)

-saved TUTU games will be fully functional under Tutuology. It takes quite a bit of time to build a store of good saves for testing purposes, so it would be one more hard blow to lose them all, and have to work to create a new one.

#233 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:51 AM

Topic closed 3:51 AM, Sat 21 Jan 2006. Please use the new topic at http://www.shsforums...showtopic=18860.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)