Photo

Will you buy official mods for Oblivion?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

Well, it's basically only horse armour and some other crap, everything you need to enjoy the game is in it already. Plus, the modders can imitate the official mods without using them if the construction set is what was promised.

You preordered your copy didn't you? :devil:

#22 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:34 AM

Well, it's basically only horse armour and some other crap, everything you need to enjoy the game is in it already. Plus, the modders can imitate the official mods without using them if the construction set is what was promised.

You preordered your copy didn't you? :devil:

Yes, I want the Collector's Edition. And pre-orders can be canceled, you know. ;)

#23 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

You're far too suspicious, Quiet Lurker. I put trust in Bethesda to deliver a complete game, with addons which are just that, things that ADD ONTO the game.

As to whether I'll buy them or not, I believe Echon put it simply. It will depend on the price and the contents.

More and more games these days have these sort of things, and Valve went the next step with their carefully disguised system of verification and went to the point of having to launch the games from an online startup screen. Its only going to become more common. That said, Bethesda have never been piracy freaks, I don't think you even had to have the CD in to run Morrowind did you? (Its been a while since I've played it :( waiting for Oblivion.)

If there are cracks and such for the upcoming game and/or addons, kindly keep talk of them off the forums. What you do in private messages is your own business, but I'm sure the last thing SC wants is to get into legal trouble over his forums. So why take the risk.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#24 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

It's not actually illegal to talk about illegal activities (else how could criminal cases actually be tried in court? :P), so there's not really any threat of legal troubles. That said, it is immoral, anti-social, etc, etc so indeed keep it off the forums.

#25 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:01 AM

I agree, it's going to be a great game, no question about it, no point discussing cracks here either. And yes, you did need a CD to play Morrowind without said cracks. I'm confident that Oblivion will seriously rock my socks. :D

Edit: And let's keep the posts on topic "Will you buy official mods for Oblivion?" from now on.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 15 March 2006 - 06:02 AM.

#26 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:48 AM

Eh, a little dalliance from the set subject never hurt anyone. Not that I encourage spam or anything :P

Edited by Tom, 16 March 2006 - 12:49 AM.

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#27 -A.S.-

-A.S.-

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:30 AM

Eh, a little dalliance from the set subject never hurt anyone. Not that I encourage spam or anything :P

Well, you certaily shouldn't, being the moderator of this particular forum part... :lol: