Photo

Possible to have ALL areas from BGI+II on one map AND visit Beregost

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 dex

dex
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:11 AM

Hello, sorry for this weird topic-title but I tried to get as much information in there as possible. I want to have all the areas of BGI and II visitable after Iīve been there once - even if I am maybe just before the throne and the end of the game. That way I would just stop right before finishing the game and start visiting past areas like going back to Candlekeep or visit the castle I can own in BGII, you know what I mean. Or does BGT only allow to play through BGI and when starting BGII all BGI areas are not visitable anymore? Which modification allows this? BGT? TuTu? The "Big Picture" modification kinda sounds like it. There is also a special world map for BP but I donīt know if this is what I am searching for.

ANY Information about this is extremely welcome ;) Thank you very much in advance!

Edited by dex, 26 March 2007 - 05:13 AM.

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:18 AM

Or does BGT only allow to play through BGI and when starting BGII all BGI areas are not visitable anymore? Which modification allows this? BGT? TuTu? The "Big Picture" modification kinda sounds like it. There is also a special world map for BP but I donīt know if this is what I am searching for.

no mod allows this, and it's extremely unlikely that one ever will. BGT certainly doesn't, nor does Tutu or the Big Picture. there's a partial exception with NEJ2, which allows travel back to Ulcaster - and only Ulcaster - but that's it. it makes no sense either in terms of storyline or in terms of gameplay for this to happen. nothing precludes you modifying the map file yrself, or using the CLUA console to get around, should you really desire this feature.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 dex

dex
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:22 AM

Thank you very much for answering that fast ;) Well, there was a mod for TuTu called "Harden Cooner's TuTu Addon V1" which had a map covering all areas - was this a fake then or how does that work?

Also - if it wonīt possible ever work - should I go for TuTu or BGT or BP+BGT? Which is the most faithful to the original game (I donīt use any mods at all) and which has the nicest interface (best menu/title-screen implementation etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

#4 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:44 AM

@dex:

If you don't use any mods, but want to play from BG1 to BG2, I recommend TuTu (EasyTutu is the most popular version to use). It simply uses BG2 rules within BG1, nothing extra complicated, thus being as close to original game as possible considering you're using BG2 rules. It is also the simplest installation to use.

...it makes no sense either in terms of storyline or in terms of gameplay for this to happen...

It makes sense if modders want to make content that is located in the BG1 sections. Like NeJ2.

The travel is disallow only because BGT and Tutu developers do not want to allow players the option. Fine, that is their position, but personally I see no reason why the pc can't go back to BG1 sections after that part of the game is completed and the transition has occurred.

One day future modders will provide the option (there was discussion of a "Return to Baldur's Gate" mod). We wait for the day.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#5 dex

dex
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

Thank you very much for answering my questions! :)

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

Well, there was a mod for TuTu called "Harden Cooner's TuTu Addon V1" which had a map covering all areas - was this a fake then or how does that work?

I think what you might want is the BP-BGT Worldmap here, which AFAIK, works with BGT and Tutu. Cooner's map was sort of an early version of this, last time I looked at it. The rest of this mod has been incorporated in other more recent mods for the most part, like the second level of Ice Island in BG1 Unfinished Business.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 dex

dex
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:52 AM

Well, there was a mod for TuTu called "Harden Cooner's TuTu Addon V1" which had a map covering all areas - was this a fake then or how does that work?

I think what you might want is the BP-BGT Worldmap here, which AFAIK, works with BGT and Tutu. Cooner's map was sort of an early version of this, last time I looked at it. The rest of this mod has been incorporated in other more recent mods for the most part, like the second level of Ice Island in BG1 Unfinished Business.

Does the BP-BGT Worldmap work with TuTu v4 without fixes? Because I can not run the corefixes of the fixpack (maybe because I have the german version of bgI+II?).

Also what does the Worldmap-mod change and what does Harden Cooner's Addon change?

Please help me out on this one as well - my gameīs currently on hold because of this :-/

#8 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:39 AM

Does the BP-BGT Worldmap work with TuTu v4 without fixes? Because I can not run the corefixes of the fixpack (maybe because I have the german version of bgI+II?).

Also what does the Worldmap-mod change and what does Harden Cooner's Addon change?

Please help me out on this one as well - my gameīs currently on hold because of this :-/

WM6 will work with BG1Tutuv4, however unfortunately BG2 Fixpack is also a requirement. (Actually the .tp2 in the WMv6.4 download archive is Baldurdash compatible, as are the lib/ tables for the revised travel times component) The new .tp2 posted by King Diamond here: http://www.shsforums...p...ost&id=4557 is the one to be used for BG2 Fixpack, and future releases will be only BG2 Fixpack compatible.

It takes a village...

#9 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:07 AM

WM6 will work with BG1Tutuv4, however unfortunately BG2 Fixpack is also a requirement.

Huh... that is news to me. What's the reason for this? The BG2 Fixpack is not compatible with EasyTutu - so is WM6 now incompatible with EasyTutu?

That could be - I've seen similar errors in non-English versions. Or you could get errors if you don't have TotSC. If you post the errors you're getting (either here or on its official forum at PPG) I can try looking into it, since it doesn't seem to be actively supported by its authors anymore.

Well the Worldmap changes the worldmap, obviously. You'll also see some changes in area positioning and links and possibly some scripts that trigger area transitions. Maybe erebusant or someone can explain the changes in more detail.

Cooner's add-on changes the worldmap, adds the second level of Ice Island (now available in BG1UB), BG2 Music and a feature where you can start the game via tutorial.

For more information on Tutu mods, see this post.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#10 dex

dex
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:14 PM

Ok, I finally installed BGT instead of TuTu and I am happy so far, only ONE question remaining now:

Will the music of BG1 play in BG1 locations and BG2 music in BG2 locations OR will the game only play BG2 music in ALL locations of BG1 etc.?

Thanks for any help in advance.

#11 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:34 PM

You need to choose the appropriate GUI to hear the right music. Run the file SetUpGUI.exe in the Baldur's Gate 2 directory and choose either 2 or 3 if you are playing Baldur's Gate 1/TotSC. Once you move to Baldur's Gate 2/ToB rerun it again and choose option 1.

#12 dex

dex
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:05 AM

Why canīt I have them both? Or can I let at least the BG2 Music play in BG1 locations as well? Or is there only silence there if I choose BG2 music?

I just found out that the Harden Cooner's TuTu Addon has an option to have "both BG2 and BG1 music" in the game and this was designed for "future mods" like "bgt" (says the readme), any chance this might work? Has edited 2daīs.

Edited by dex, 28 March 2007 - 05:12 AM.

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:57 AM

Why canīt I have them both? Or can I let at least the BG2 Music play in BG1 locations as well? Or is there only silence there if I choose BG2 music?

I just found out that the Harden Cooner's TuTu Addon has an option to have "both BG2 and BG1 music" in the game and this was designed for "future mods" like "bgt" (says the readme), any chance this might work? Has edited 2daīs.

The reason why you can't simply have BG1 and BG2 music together is due to hard-coded limitations that would result in the game not even starting if the limits were exceeded. Hence, it was decided that, to give the fullest BG1 experience, all the BG1 music was provided at the expense of running an extra utility. We tried to make this less painful by integrating it with the GUI. Previous versions of BGT did try to run as much BG1 music with BG2 as possible, but due to the limitations not all BG1 music was included.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#14 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

Sean, in fact, in NeJ2 once you travel to Ulcatser, you are able to visit other BG1 areas. :)
Furhermore, in the new version, even if BGT is not installed, you're able to visit about 10-12 BG1 areas comprising major cities (except Baldur's Gate).

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:02 AM

WM6 will work with BG1Tutuv4, however unfortunately BG2 Fixpack is also a requirement.

Huh... that is news to me. What's the reason for this? The BG2 Fixpack is not compatible with EasyTutu - so is WM6 now incompatible with EasyTutu?

Did anyone find out about this Fixpack/Worldmap requirement business?

#16 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:51 AM

Did anyone find out about this Fixpack/Worldmap requirement business?

Unless Baldurdash v1.5 becomes supported again, all future releases will support only BG2 Fixpack as it has become the standard as far as fixpacks are concerned, and is still supported.

Worldmap v6 is only compatible with BG1Tutu, and the only reason it will even with BG1Tutu is compatible is a seperate .tph file had to be built to add entrances to a good portion of the areas. Unfortunately, there are yet more differences between BG1Tutu and EasyTutu, so no, WM6 will not work with EasyTutu. If anyone wants to go thru and figure out what all the differences are and figure out what additional changes need to be made, then it might be upgradeable in the future.

Long Story made short: BG2Fixpack compatible - Yes, BG1Tutu Compatible - Yes, Baldurdash Compatible - No, EasyTutu compatible - No.

Edited by erebusant, 05 April 2007 - 04:52 AM.

It takes a village...

#17 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

Worldmap v6.x works with Baldurdash. :shifty:

#18 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:26 AM

Worldmap v6.x works with Baldurdash. :shifty:

The released 6.4 .tp2 will still work. With the BG2 Fixpack .tp2 version you will get CTD's going to AR1700, AR1800, AR2500, and AR2600. WM6.5 and above will only be BG2 Fixpack compatible.

It takes a village...

#19 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:19 PM

Long Story made short: BG2Fixpack compatible - Yes, BG1Tutu Compatible - Yes, Baldurdash Compatible - No, EasyTutu compatible - No.

According to Macready in this post, EasyTutu incorporates the bulk of the BG2 Fixpack, except for things like spell descriptions. There may be other differences, but hopefully not too great for total incompatibility. I'd be willing to test this for 6.5, as I have in the past, but I'm kind of tied up with modding so I probably can't do anything in bulk. I know there are other people using the Worldmap with EasyTutu, so maybe we could harvest some guinea pigs from the compatibility thread. I'll post a link there - hopefully it'll spark some interest.

Edited by Miloch, 06 April 2007 - 09:22 PM.