Worgas the NPC and his prettie Eyeball

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

Worgas now has two abilitys.

Wail of Insanity: A scream of ten thousand maniacs echoes and penetrates the mind of thoose unlucky and near enough to suffer the unholy noise. The victim within the area gets inflicted by fear of insanity and stunned from the sound of horror.

Biting Eye: Worgas can summon forth an eyeball that follows him around and strikes at Worgas nearest enemy at sight. The result can be all from serious wounds and blindness after the eyballs frenzy charge on the victims eyes.

Zarix (Worgas gauth familiar) ability is as mentioned earlier: He can release one of his eyeballs to scout the area.
He attacks with one magic missile bolt and at the beginning of ToB it is replaced with a ray causing serious wounds.

I might need a beta tester soon, hopefully all with flow good though all the late modding hours can have caused that I have accidently messed or deleted content.

So I will need documentation of all the happenings with Worgas. I will write down a list of the content.

Edited by flysoup, 15 April 2007 - 06:14 PM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#22 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

Another minor spoiler banter with Aerie and Worgas.

She will have a certain penalty when using her illusionary wings for example it takes a lot of energy to fly so she will get fatigued and drained of strength and constitution also unable to find strength to cast spells for a certain amount of time.

Attached Images

• Baldr000.jpg

Edited by flysoup, 23 April 2007 - 12:14 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#23 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

Another teaser minor spoiler of Worgas skills showing in the game.

Attached Images

• Baldr005.jpg

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#24 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:06 PM

A note about Worgas familiar Zarix the Gauth.

If he dies then he is gone permanently so retreat if Worgas is in the middle of the battle with his familiar.

Zarix the gauth does not have any protections against level drains and such as you might have experienced from familiars in other mods.

I think that is too overpowering so this Gauth is just an ordinary gauth or levitating eyeball as Worgas would have said :)

Zarix offensive attacks in BG SoA is one magic missile bolt but will improve in ToB without saying to much ;)

You will see in the game ;)
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#25 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

I'm a little wary about the Aerie banter - it's generally dangerous ground to walk on, when you're talking about giving Aerie back her wings. I'm interested to see how it turns out, though. :)

#26 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:26 AM

I'm a little wary about the Aerie banter - it's generally dangerous ground to walk on, when you're talking about giving Aerie back her wings. I'm interested to see how it turns out, though. :)

Ok, spoiler further down about the wing issue. (The whole dialoge isnīt shown in the screenshot so missunderstandings can emerge from that.)

After a couple of days with Aerie in the party Worgas will offer himself to regain Aeries once so beloved ability to fly.

Though he will not be able to regain Aeries fysical wings, but create illusionary wings that will make her able to fly once again. The illusionary wings emerge visually when Aerie choose to fly wich she will be able to do as many times as she wish.

She will be ever grateful to Worgas (through dialoges) but will still ofcourse miss the beauty of her former fysical wings. (The visual illusionary wings also emerges when she choose other actions, picking a weapon and cast a spell and so on.) Created by Worgas to come as close as he could to make Aerie feel that she still has her fysical wings attached to her.

The flying ability is rather good when you want Aerie to retreat from the heat of battle or fly up to a rooftop and attack with her sling or spells for that matter ;)

Edited by flysoup, 21 April 2007 - 12:32 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#27 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:35 AM

Remember to not clua yourself away from Irenicus ever so boring dungeon due to there are specific events emerging for Worgas there. teaser teaser teaser :P

Edited by flysoup, 21 April 2007 - 12:35 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#28 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:55 AM

Another spoiler teaser of the interjections of madness.

Attached Images

• Baldr000.jpg

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#29 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:49 PM

latest update in the Worgas NPC mod: Minsc will now be able to release Boo from his backpack.

Modified Boos origonal bite attack since it was overpowered. He now goes for the eyes though and can blind the target.

Boo returns to Minsc backpack after a while or if killed.

Attached Images

• Baldr002.jpg
  • Baldr001.jpg

Edited by flysoup, 23 April 2007 - 12:16 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#30 Magnus_025

Magnus_025
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:34 PM

It's good to know that this project is progressing! Also, to have Boo as Minsc familiar (although it has been done before) is very good! Continue progressing as before and soon we will all have Worgas and his pretties traveling around Amn with Charname! Jaiiiiiiiiiii!
Sincero, muy sincero...Directo, muy directo

#31 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:35 AM

It's good to know that this project is progressing! Also, to have Boo as Minsc familiar (although it has been done before) is very good! Continue progressing as before and soon we will all have Worgas and his pretties traveling around Amn with Charname! Jaiiiiiiiiiii!

Thanks for the comment and about Boo: He will only be released from the backpack for 10 seconds before returning to Minsc. This due to that I decided to keep Booīs original attacks and they tend to be overpowered if one would be able to have Boo running around permanent.
Boo can be released again after a well earned party rest :)

He is to be used when the heat of battle is overloaded ;)

Edited by flysoup, 23 April 2007 - 08:24 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#32 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:50 AM

About Aeries illusionary wings that Worgas offer to summons forth: I had recently created penalty for Aerie when using the wings. Though after thinking this through I decided to skip a penalty.

So for thoose not wanting her to fly just ignore her ability ;)

Edited by flysoup, 23 April 2007 - 08:24 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#33 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:18 AM

Aight adventurers,

I am going to start working night shift on a new job....so I wont have time to add all the content I wanted to the Worgas mod.

But it includes plenty of happenings interjections and so on already so I thought a release would be at hand.

Having Worgas in your party will have its consequences both positive and negative ones ;)

There are many Worgas related encounters based on his storyline. Other than thoose I hope you will enjoy this chaotic emotion shattered elf.

So a download location is all I am waiting for.

Good speed,
flysoup
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#34 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:43 AM

Another spoiling area encounter teaser before the upcoming release :)

Attached Images

• Baldr004.jpg

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#35 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:40 PM

Final Boo update: Boo can be released for the duration of 300 seconds and I changed his attack so he goes for the eyes!
The target will be blinded for 10 seconds each hit. Go for the eyes Boo! YiaAAARGH! Boo has the ferret animation now instead of the rat.

Attached Images

• Baldr005.jpg

Edited by flysoup, 25 April 2007 - 11:32 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#36 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

I would be happy to set up a temporary location to download him :) Having someone proofread the files would be great, too... ;) Once everything's been proofread and there's less grammatical mistakes, we can look at some official hosting. In the mean time - just send me a PM and I'll send you my email, then you can send him to me and I'll put him in a temporary download location so people can have a play.

#37 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:34 AM

I would be happy to set up a temporary location to download him :) Having someone proofread the files would be great, too... ;) Once everything's been proofread and there's less grammatical mistakes, we can look at some official hosting. In the mean time - just send me a PM and I'll send you my email, then you can send him to me and I'll put him in a temporary download location so people can have a play.

Sounds coo!

Well I am about to be a slave under work so the modding and art, comics among other glorious tasks will have to stand aside for a while though not too long I hope.

Other than that Worgas is ready to spread his insanity throughout the realm.

Good speed to all of you,
flysoup
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#38 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:58 PM

Okay - I'm looking for someone to grammar check Worgas' files and dialogue; if anyone would like to do this, please send a PM my way! Once he's grammar checked I'll put him up for public download :)

#39 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

Latest and final adds to Worgas the Mad is completed.

SPOILER text and Screenshot:

After fighting Bodhi Drizzt can be asked to join the fight against Irenicus (This only happens if you asked for Drizzts aid against Bodhi and that he survives the fight ;)). He will only stay for a limited time due to friends in Ten Towns awaits. Also added more Worgas interjections.

Attached Images

• Baldr000.jpg

Edited by flysoup, 30 April 2007 - 04:26 PM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#40 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:15 AM

Still waiting for someone (or several someones) to help with the grammar, even if it's only a few pages of text! The quicker it's done the quicker we can release him properly. Just PM me and I'll send you a link to where you can download him :)