Alternative BG2 NPC Portraits

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#201 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for the feedback everbody! Now what do you think of Mazzy? She's been a pain, seriously, but I think I'm getting there. Don't look at her armor, I haven't really worked on it yet.

Attached Images

• mazzy2.jpg

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#202 --Miss Sakaki--

--Miss Sakaki--

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:55 AM

She's absolutely lovely! I like her determined look; she looks slightly defensive, too, which fits with her personality. Her hair's beautiful and delightfully Mazzy-ish, although I'd suggest having it a little darker - I'm not sure about the pinkish tone.

#203 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:57 AM

I had no idea her hair had a pinkish tone - not on my screen? Now it's sort of orange-brown.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#204 --Miss Sakaki--

--Miss Sakaki--

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:00 AM

Not pink-pink - just not as brown as I would have thought. It may be the library computer I'm on.

Forgot to mention before how much I like the updated Aerie and Viconia ones - they look so them! :cheers:

#205 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:18 AM

Her hair looks fine on this computer. Looks plenty orangish. And about the armor...

I really like that shoulder thing, and can't wait to see Mazzy fully finished.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#206 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:30 AM

Thanks Kellen! I'll work on Mazzy's armor more later. But in the meanwhile, here's Edwin. I'm finally satisfied with how he's turning out to be. You can tell I'm a fangirl, can't you? :lol:

edwin1.jpg

#207 Vizeteufel

Vizeteufel
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:21 PM

I can't which of those two I adore more ^^

Mazzy's very cute, way better than her actual portrait (now she finally looks like a halfling). Once your done with the armor, she'll be one of my favourites for sure :)

But the new Edwin truly kicks ass :woot: So glad you shortened his hair, the long hair made him look like a Wacken visitor :P
Love the tiara and all his glittering jewellery. And the lad's got my beard :D
The best thing is his gaze, looks so damn cool and badass 8)

Super great work, Ilamatar :Bow:

Before I forget to ask.. what exactly did you not like about your old Jaheira pic? Any idea what you're gonna change?

"Maturity is no constant condition, it's trying to make right decisions every day anew."

#208 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:07 PM

Ilmataaar, could we possibly have a post containing all the portraits done so far? :D

#209 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:08 PM

When I finish Edwin and Mazzy, then you'll get a post like that, mmkay? :D

#210 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:49 PM

I think I'm done with Eddie. Hee, I keep going, "Y hallo thar, smexy!" with this portrait. :D I guess that means that at least I'm satisfied.

edwin2.jpg

#211 Vizeteufel

Vizeteufel
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:06 PM

That's an awesome pic :clap: Smooth old Edwin.

If I only knew whom he reminds me of :huh: I'm sure I've seen his face before somewhere.

"Maturity is no constant condition, it's trying to make right decisions every day anew."

#212 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:09 PM

If I only knew whom he reminds me of :huh: I'm sure I've seen his face before somewhere.

That would be Oded Fehr. Used a photo of him as a model, even though I ended up changing his features quite a bit.

#213 Amaurea

Amaurea

Thread Killer Extraordinaire

• 409 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

I love all of these, but I've gotta say that your Edwin has to be my favorite so far. :wub: And I'm not even a fangirl!

#214 Big Poppa

Big Poppa
  • Modder
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, that last edwin pic is quite brilliant. awsome hair. Your style hits that nice medium between too real and too cartoonish, perfect for these games.

Quality over quantity baby

BG - A Tale Retold

Facebook, Richard Haines, westmidlands, england

#215 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:48 AM

That would be Oded Fehr. Used a photo of him as a model, even though I ended up changing his features quite a bit.

Nice portrait. He looks a little too much like a pretty boy for me to believe him as Edwin though :D.

You had a great model in Oded Fehr though, as you could've just used his facial tattoos as in the Mummy/Mummy Returns (him on the left). Then you'd just have to make him clean-shaven, like Arnold Vosloo in the same movie (right). Take the skin tone down a notch or two, and you'd have the perfect canon depiction of a Red Wizard of Thay.
Posted Image Posted Image
But it looks like you already started such a portrait at one time, but I couldn't find it. Did you ever finish it?

P.S.: Nice Mazzy... who did you use for her? She looks extremely familiar too... Don't worry, I won't talk about contrast again (this time :P).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#216 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:00 AM

Actually I had no reference for Mazzy. :)

That thread you linked to about the tattoos and such, I wasn't working on a portrait really, and the drawing that resulted had Edwin with long hair. :D I came to the conclusion that he does have tattoos on his scalp and back, but he's grown hair, too. For some reason. I know that Red Wizards are bald, but I've always imagined Edwin with hair. Sorry if that portrait screws up somebody's view of him, but hey, these are alternative portraits, my versions.

#217 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:23 AM

Looking good, but where is the Edwin's Amulet? And to me he looks a lot like Anomen, the same facial hair structure etc.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#218 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:23 AM

Alriiiiight.

aerie2.jpg cerndL4.jpg edwin2.jpg
imoen4.jpg jaheira2L.jpg mazzy3.jpg
nalia3.jpg viconia2.jpg yoshimoL5.jpg

I've got only men left now. :D And I still don't like Jaheira. I've tried fixing her and making another portrait but nothing helps. Maybe I'll just leave her be.

#219 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:55 AM

I like the updated Mazzy - the armour looks fabulous, and I like the slight lowlights in her hair. It's great to see them all together, they make a really nice collection. Don't change Jaheira, though, she's one of my favourites! :ph34r:

#220 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:15 AM

I love your Aerie. Lovelovelove.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!