Photo

Alternative BG2 NPC Portraits

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#181 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:59 PM

Those are so beautiful Ilmatar! I especially adore Eddie. I love the pic as is but I can't help but wish for more of a closeup so I can see his lovely eyes staring more deeply into mine...(ahem) I mean, my pc's eyes! (Swoon)
Aerie is lovely and Nalia is so pretty. I always picture her with curlier hair like in the Bioware pic but your face for her is soooo much better. She doesn't look all beat up or drunk or something. She looks very nice and if you give bmps I'd love to use that pic if that's okay!

#182 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:01 PM

I haven't made bmp's yet - I thought of releasing all of them as one bunch/mod so every portrait is made in the same style. Buuuuut when I stop being lazy again I'll make you bmp's. :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#183 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:36 PM

Ehehe. Nice Edwin. I like the eyes. :D Nalia is getting quite nice as well.

I think Aerie's eyes are a bit too small and a little too far apart, though. The space between eyes should be about one eye wide. And I think her nose is a bit wide at the top as well. It gives me a bit of a lion-like feeling.

AerieEyes.png

and yes I know I may be the last person on earth who should suggest stuff like this because I keep putting hueg elf eyes on everything I draw but I think it's justified when it's an elf I'm putting them on so hush you

But I quite like the mouth. :whistling:

If you zoom back much on Aerie, you're going to have to give her a dress.

OH BUT I OBJECT VEHEMENTLY.

#184 EvaineDian

EvaineDian
  • Validating
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:50 PM

I actually like it that her eyes are so far apart, it makes her look exotic. They could be a bit bigger, though, that's true.

#185 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:55 PM

With Aerie's, my suggestion would be to up the contrast. The features are a little hard to notice in comparison to the other portraits. :) I really like how you've captured the etherial theme, though!

#186 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

I like Aerie's eyes spaced so widely. It does contribute to the ethereal quality K'aeloree mentioned.

With the shadows, in general, if you went with a "warmer" tone, you might find that it looked a little more organic. More orange in the brown, if that makes any sense.

But I love Nalia, love Aerie, and am starting to think that it might be possible for my PC to actually kiss Edwin someday. That was always the big drawback for me. I never wanted to kiss Edwin, so I couldn't play the romance. I already know and love what you've done with Edwina.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#187 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:20 PM

But I love Nalia, love Aerie, and am starting to think that it might be possible for my PC to actually kiss Edwin someday. That was always the big drawback for me. I never wanted to kiss Edwin, so I couldn't play the romance. I already know and love what you've done with Edwina.

Oh but give Eddie a chance. Some of his dialogs with my pc and Anomen made me laugh until I cried. And he is surprisingly sweet (just don't tell him that!)

Ilmatar thanks I'll know you'll give bmps when you can! And for my 2 cents I like Aerie's eyes wide too. She shouldn't look quite human and I think you've captured that beautifully.

#188 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:47 PM

I wonder what your new Jaheira will look like.

*Sneezes*

Read closely, Kellen. NEW JAHEIRA. NEW. :D

Thanks dearie-o for the nice comment!

I figured by new, (s)he meant your alternate, since as far as I know you haven't planned another Jaheira.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#189 Vizeteufel

Vizeteufel
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:58 PM

I figured by new, (s)he meant your alternate, since as far as I know you haven't planned another Jaheira.

Nope, I meant the new alternate. as there will be one. Although I don't think it's necessary, Jaheira's already very beautiful.

But let the master do his thing ^^ Oh, and it's he ;)

"Maturity is no constant condition, it's trying to make right decisions every day anew."

#190 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:38 AM

Oh gods, I love how Edwin looks! And the hairstle suits him. It reminds me of Alan Rickman in "Robin Hood -Prince of Thieves". Though actually, I think that hairstyle was slightly different. (But Alan Rickman rules. ).

Oh, and Aerie is looking good too.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#191 Duroth

Duroth
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:35 PM

Hellos thought I'd add my 2 cents in here :Bow:

Cernd = Cernd period best said that way :D

Jaheira = Jaheira See above :D

Nalia = well your still working on it and my opinion is the right side of her "4head" needs a lil' work (shortened) otherwise I LOVE HER :)

Viccy = I liked your original just my opinion and I'm stick'n to it.

Eddy = I liked it with 1 exception he seemed a bit too old JMO(just my opinion).

Aerie = :wub: :wub: :wub: 'nough said WOW ! ! I guess not enough said WOW did I say WOW? ?

GREAT work ................ :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

Duroth

#192 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:44 PM

I REALLY like aerie!! you've really caught her real charm!

#193 Vizeteufel

Vizeteufel
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:14 AM

So, ummm... how's it going? Any progress so far? :unsure:

"Maturity is no constant condition, it's trying to make right decisions every day anew."

#194 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:43 AM

Oh yeah!

Here's Aerie and Viconia, they happen to be in a state that I can show to others. :D Also working on Mazzy, Edwin, Valygar and Sarevok.

viconiaL2.jpg aerie.jpg

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#195 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:33 AM

Ooh. Vicky looks very nice. Very nice.

And as I've said so does Aerie. With that I might have to choose... Nah, I'd still go with Jaheira.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#196 Duroth

Duroth
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

:Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

'nough said... :coolthumb:

Duroth

#197 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:20 PM

Nice!
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#198 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:46 PM

Awesome! Can't wait til they're all done :) .
(I like parentheses.)

#199 Vizeteufel

Vizeteufel
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:25 AM

Sorry for the late response :whistling:

I REALLY dig the new pics they came out extremely great :Bow:
Aerie's got a beautiful innocent face and her eyes are pretty :wub: And she's such a sweet tender girl, you captured that very well. The idea of making wind blow through her hair is also cool, adds the aerial touch needed. The color of her robe works fine as well.
All in all I recognized her immediately and that's the best thing I could hope for :)

Though I must say the dark woman beside her scares me ^^; She's as beautiful as she's creepy. But that's a drow for you. Also that smug little smile in her face, so cute :3 I like her hair, too.
You just need to make her clothes a bit more visible.

Both background colors are well chosen and create the fitting mood, dark and mysterious for Viccy, bright and sunny for Aerie.

I'm looking forward to see the final versions and new portraits :) Keep up the good work!

#200 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

Here's Aerie and Viconia, they happen to be in a state that I can show to others.

Both are very nice. I think (as usual) Aerie could use more shadows around the edges of her face, neck, etc. You've already done a good job on this for Viconia: the contrast is much better, like how her cheekbones stick out in comparison with the shadows under her eyes.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle