Photo

Any interest left for more alternative portraits?

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#81 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

Both Edwin portraits are amazing. I am going to have them as custom portraits in my game, if you don't mind ;D.
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#82 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

How could I have missed this thread?
I like the portraits!

Especially Ajantis, of course. :)

#83 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

They're all wonderful - but your Anomen and your Edwin are especially stunning. I'd certainly use these in my game. Completely smashing, dear

As for your sketches, I like your Coran and your Imoen best. The expressions are very fitting, and I'd always wondered why they made Coran so very creepy lookin'. Keep it up, these have to be the best alternates I've ever seen. ;)

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#84 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Ooo, I especially love the Haer'Dalis and Cernd pictures ^_^

I can't wait to see more portraits ^_^
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#85 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:06 PM

Now I have a new Aerie!!!! :new_thumbs:

Thank You Ace!

Edited by Chevalier, 30 April 2008 - 09:01 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#86 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:11 AM

Aerie is the best best best best best of the best! :) And yes I just saw this thread (lame I know...)
You ROCK! Keep on trucking! *handcuffs him to the canvas

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#87 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Like others here, I don't know how I missed this thread. Must have been sleepin'.

Your collection is the Ultimate romanceable alternate portraits, as the women are very beautiful and the guys are all hunky.

Aerie is so hot, I could almost put up with her constant whining. Almost.

I've been searching for an alternate Ajantis, as I never liked the original. Yours comes closest to what I imagine.

Although I do love your Branwen, I hate Jennifer Aniston (it's a thing), so I'll stick to the original which I'm extremely happy with Plasmocat's version.

Waiting to see and love what you do with the other NPCs...

#88 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:54 AM

I love them all. I have to say you make Anomen incredibly attractive, and the same with Aerie,too bad she doesn't go for chicks...wait no I can't stand her constant whining. You give her that strange cheerful sadness she suppose to have, that never translated into text.

Really I think you make Branwen a bit too eh, She looks like Jennifer Aniston which doesn't fit her personality in my opinion. Plus to me she looks too young and not serious enough. Plus she isn't as attractive to me...I don't know what.

You make Edwin almost romanceable for me! Man he's much more attractive there *wolf whistle*

Haer'dalis....looks yummy :Tasty: I love this pic so much. I could never stand the other one for the game. I wish he was romanceable now...(modders I'm looking at you!!"

and Imoen looks like that actress whose last name is Hannigan who we all agreed would make a wonderful Imoen in the movie which makes me giggle
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#89 wonnimchunha

wonnimchunha
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

Thank you for keeping interest in the portraits even though I havent been in here for months....
please dont hate me :ph34r:

I edited Branwen, I didnt like what I did with her either, hopefully the new one is better.

And I finished Cernd!! I must say, he is my favorite so far :wub:

I just noticed that all the pictures look much lighter than my originals...Imageshack is messing with them as they upload I guess.
If I ever make this into a mod or something, they will be my originals so all of the portraits will be much darker and saturated.

#90 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:19 AM

And I finished Cernd!! I must say, he is my favorite so far :wub:

I just noticed that all the pictures look much lighter than my originals...Imageshack is messing with them as they upload I guess.
If I ever make this into a mod or something, they will be my originals so all of the portraits will be much darker and saturated.

Cernd scares me. It's either that the eyes seem...odd, as if they don't belong there...

...or maybe it's because he seems to be missing eyebrows. :unsure:

- :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#91 wonnimchunha

wonnimchunha
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:20 AM

Ahhh... you dont like my Cernd? (sniff)
Yeah, I see how the eyebrows and the very wide eyes might throw you off
I rather dig it... but of course, I can never be objective about my own stuff :whistling:
I'll try darkening the eyebrows a bit more, and if it seems better I'll change it

I uploaded Coran!!
Mainly I concentrated to make him really good looking.... with the result that he doesnt seem to fit into a fantasy setting!... he seems so NORMAL with the exception of the ears... O well, cant have everything I want I suppose :angry:

#92 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:44 AM

Ahhh... you dont like my Cernd? (sniff)
Yeah, I see how the eyebrows and the very wide eyes might throw you off
I rather dig it... but of course, I can never be objective about my own stuff :whistling:
I'll try darkening the eyebrows a bit more, and if it seems better I'll change it

I uploaded Coran!!
Mainly I concentrated to make him really good looking.... with the result that he doesnt seem to fit into a fantasy setting!... he seems so NORMAL with the exception of the ears... O well, cant have everything I want I suppose :angry:

I am getting used to his looks, though more visible eyebrows would help. Another thing that throws me off a bit is the large forehead, but don't change that because of me. It's alright. But the eyebrows, yes. Eyebrows a good. The way he looks now he reminds me a bit of a member of the Alchemist's guild - with burned off eyebrows, you know. :lol:

Coran is awesome! Don't change how you've drawn him, he looks perfect. Coran's a bird of Paradise in a sense, and like a bird of paradise he sticks out. The only one who's able to hold a candle to him in that matter is Haer'Dalis.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#93 --wonnimchunha--

--wonnimchunha--

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

Oh, I'm so glad you think Haer'dalis is the only one that should be as good looking as Coran...I thought the exact same way!! As you can see from my sketches...:)

#94 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

Now I cant wait to see Haer'dalis done... :)

#95 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:40 AM

OMG. I just saw these new ones and I died of good. I need to romance Coran again and again and again. Again. :D

And I love your Cernd - I think the slightly detached expression suits. I always imagined him to be slightly more vulnerable and even effeminate looking than the original portrait made him, so this is perfect.

One of the things I love most about your work is that they're the best I've seen at portraying characters, they're not just great pictures. When you look at them you really feel like you can hear them speaking.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#96 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

I love your portraits! Normally I don't like Coran and kill him at some point. But his new looks may just inspire me to give him a shot. He looks great!

#97 wonnimchunha

wonnimchunha
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

Haer'dalis completed!
I'm so happy with how he turned out! That hair took me almost a whole day to draw.... I hate hair :ph34r:

Glad to see you guys like Coran, I was a bit worried because he looked so modern.

I know many of you have recognized who the pictures look like, I really try not to make it identical but I cant stop the resemblance showing.... I hope it is not too distracting :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#98 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

She shoots, she scores.

I adore your Haer. I like how exotic he looks, much more unusual looking than the original - and much more aquiline looking. Which is appropriate, considering his bird thing. Only thing I think - I would've liked to see something that was a little more different from the original portrait - you don't see many Haer alternates around, so a new imagining would be really interesting. This is nonetheless gorgeous. And I am nonetheless using it.

As for celebrity resemblances...

Coran is David Tennant, am I right? Cernd I'm pretty sure is Viggo Mortensen, Edwin is Johnny Depp, Branwen is BranJen... can't work out Haer. Whoever he is, YUM.

Edited by Deva, 01 August 2008 - 03:44 PM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#99 wonnimchunha

wonnimchunha
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

I'm not telling! Not even if you beat me with a stick! :new_bottom:
Some of the guesses that have been made in the previous replies are right...and some are wrong.... but I wont add to the distraction :devil:

#100 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

OH MY GOD! I never knew Haer'dalis is so good looking :wub: