Support for the DDBLTFX_MIRRORLEFTRIGHT and DDBLTFX_MIRRORUPDOWN flags
Fake Vsync
Full swap flipping

Not tested much
I'm a hobbyist programmer
I don't really know anything about ddraw

have fun

edit: fixed link

Edited by aqrit, 20 October 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#322 -Errol-

-Errol-

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

I have played Icewind Dale through to the end. On complete it went blank then the cinemareel kicked in telling how my characters survived and finished
the story line. However that's it. It went back to the box where you can choose to load create quit etc. It had saved the games prior to last stage of game
where I fight and defeat the enemy. I won't to get back to Kuldahar to start Heart of winter but I can't get out of the tower. I can't get into Heart of Winter
Help Help Help please

Cheers

Errol

#323 HunterZ

HunterZ
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

please keep us posted.

DirectDraw wrapper
Force Direct Draw Emulation
Disable High Dpi Scaling
Limit Process Affinity
Support for the DDBLTFX_MIRRORLEFTRIGHT and DDBLTFX_MIRRORUPDOWN flags
Fake Vsync
Full swap flipping

Not tested much
I'm a hobbyist programmer
I don't really know anything about ddraw

have fun

Thanks! Seems to work well. Only problem I've noticed so far is that it seems to break windowed mode. Specifically, when I switch to (or launch in) windowed mode, the window is blank.

#324 aqrit

aqrit
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

when I switch to (or launch in) windowed mode, the window is blank.

I fixed a bug in the wrapper for the window Clipper, it may help with this.

edit: removed link

Edited by aqrit, 20 October 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#325 -Allphredt-

-Allphredt-

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hey aqrit,

thanks for the DirectDraw Wrapper! It works pretty good for me. Only thing left is that i have still these annoying cursor trails in the menues. Is there a way to fix it with your tool, or do i need another?

#326 aqrit

aqrit
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

which game?
the RedundantFlip option fixes that issue for Planescape: Torment
but if your playing Torment you may want to use this instead

#327 -Allphredt-

-Allphredt-

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

Ooops, sorry!
The game is Baldurs Gate 1 + ToSC with latest patch. Additionally I use the widescreen mod 3.05.
RedundantFlip has no visible effect.

#328 -Michal-

-Michal-

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hi
I have problem with The Big World Project tactics installation.
It is graphic issue. When I've starded playing everthing was ok but playing further the game is stuttering. It stutterss every few seconds and it's making me mad.
I have turned off directdraw by directx sdk but it still doesn't work.
I have read earlier posts but I haven't found solution.
I have OS Windows 7.

#329 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Try this.

BWP installs suffer a lot from this global stuttering.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#330 -Michal-

-Michal-

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

Thx a lot Beleg 33 it helped, but...
it is still suffering, not much but it still does.
Anyway I play it with much more satisfaction. Once again thx for your fast reply.

#331 -Quester-

-Quester-

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

DirectDraw Wrapper

Please re-upload this thingy when you find the time.

#332 HunterZ

HunterZ
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

DirectDraw Wrapper

Please re-upload this thingy when you find the time.

Looks like it got moved to here: http://bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html

For BG1 I decided to instead play in the BG2 engine using BGT-Weidu. Because BG2 uses OpenGL, this avoids most of the graphical issues in BG1 while also allowing (somewhat buggy) Steam overlay support.

#333 aqrit

aqrit
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

for Infinity Engine games use IE DDrawFix instead of ddwrapper
http://bitpatch.com/ie_ddrawfix.html

the wined3d component translates ddraw calls into OpenGl calls >:-)
but I agree, BGT is best,

#334 -Andrew-

-Andrew-

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hi

I have a pretty good ge force graphics card.

My problem seems to be with saving and loading games. It will load the wrong game or crash the program entirely some time i need to reboot the computer completely. The game is icewind dale with heart of winter expansion.

Do you know what i can do.

#335 -Huskar-

-Huskar-

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

For all those experiencing the nightmarish BLACK BOXES in Icewind Dale: Heart of WInter on items on the ground, the clock in the bottom left corner, etc.; it is a 3d issue.

You COULD just turn on software Blts.... but you you would hate your life and probably end up uninstalling the game. The framerate is unplayably slow.

Just go to the configuration menu in the disk launch, and turn on the OpenGL 3D Acceleration. Default Drivers and 32-Bit Textures worked for me.

That's all it takes... no fiddlying with OS settings or anything. I imagine that solves similar problems in many IE games.

Worked using Windows 7 Ultimate (64) on a MacBook Pro with an integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, Driver version 188.61, DirectX Version: 11.0

GL HF!

#336 -Virtus-

-Virtus-

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Hi all,

I managed to fix this problem for baldur's gate in vista by enabling software directdraw. Maybe it also works in XP and for other infinity engine games, I haven't tried. It'll only work for the 2d rendering engine (OpenGL mode won't work). After you've applied the fix, the game is very fast and without any artifacts. The fix is permanent. You don't need loader scripts or stuff like that.

Here's how to:
1. Download and install the microsoft application compatiblity toolkit:
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
2. Start the 'Compatibility Administrator' with administrator rights.
3. Click the 'New' Button
4. Right click the new database. Select 'Create new application fix...'
5. Name your program and vendor however you like. Browse to your bgmain2.exe file. Click next
6. Select 'None' for operating system modes. Don't select additional compatibility modes. Click next
7. Tick the 'ForceDirectDrawEmulation' compatibility fix.
8. Click next and finish.
9. Save your database.
10. Right click the database and select install. This will install the database.
11. Close the compatibility administrator and start baldur's gate. It should work correctly in 32bit mode without any ingame rendering fixes. You don't need to run the compatibility administrator again.

Even in 2014 people play this game :D Thank you so much, this fixed my game with widescreen mod bein choppy. I still prefere the separated game, no trilogy.

#337 steve22

steve22
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

Thanks for the effort. It's working with me...

#338 -dmso12-

-dmso12-

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

this worked for me also

I have it setup as in your screenshot and still seeing the lines. Weird.

It was a matter of antialiasing. I have in Nvidia's control panel "4x" for "Antialiasing setup" and "Override application settings" for "Anatialiasing mode" as defaults for all applications. I set it to "Application controlled" for BGMain.exe and the lines are gone :rolleyes: Setting it to everything else save "Override application settings" is working here. So this setting seems to be the culprit of the squared lines here.

Maybe you can add to the first post that setting antialiasing mode to "Override application settings" with Nvidia 8 series cards may lead to lines in some cases.

Regards.

#339 Hieloco

Hieloco
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

Hello everybody!

First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am Eduardo from El Salvador, and this is my first post in this forum. I am an avid player of RPGS, both western and Japanese, and currently I am playing Icewind Dale (plus expansions) as well as some newer games (DX: Human Revolution and Devil May Cry Black hair edition).

I am posting on this thread because I am having trouble with Icewind Dale... I have been playing it since last year with absolutely no problems whatsoever, on a pc with the following:

XFX X58i board, Intel i7-920 at stock speeds

EVGA Geforce 9800 GT 1GB

SoundBlaster Z with 5.1 speakers

12 Gb RAM (Triple Channel config)

Samsung EVO 840 ssd

1920 x 1080 ASUS monitor

I keep my computer running very clean, with barely any programs apart from Windows stuff running all the time. The only mod I have applied is the widescreen mod (awesome mod by the way!).

This past weekend, I installed a newly bought MSI Geforce 970. Since then, every game has run WAY better, except of course, Icewind Dale. The problems that the game is showing are two:

1) extreme slow down and choppiness in general (except for the menus, which seem to be going like at a 1000 fps)

2) the audio seems to constantly shift between my center speaker and my front stereo speakers

I have tried fiddling with the game settings and the NVidia control panel, and uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but nothing seems to work.

I of course have started speculating wildly! Given the clear cut circumstances, I am definitely pointing my finger at the new GeForce. Maybe since modern NVidia cards have some audio functionality they are causing conflicts with my sound blaster? Or maybe the more modern cards have dropped support for whatever Icewind Dale needed to run properly? My old laptop where the game ran very well is dead, so I am stuck with this problem!

Can a kind soul in this forum help me out with suggestions as to what might be causing this malady?

Thanks a lot, and it is nice to make all of your acquaintances!

Eduardo

#340 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

IWD ...
SoundBlaster Z with 5.1 speakers

This generation of games do not handle audio programming like they ... should, if you haven't yet, try and set the game default to use only the stereo or 4 out put system, it seems to have helped people in the past, you should be able to do this in the audio control panel. It's not about the sound card or the speakers...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.