• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:06 PM

YaY!!! mm75 thanks for your mini-walkthrough. From the posted walkthrough, I just got to talk to Nadalin so I was doing that in BG first. Order of events were messed, that is all. For me the Northern Coast looks like the BG1 lighthouse map area. So I go there first and see Nadalin for the first time, correct?

Correct, first u need to go to Northern Coast and speak to him ;-) I know NTotSC is a pain and not so consistent as DSotSC. It needed LOT of time to fully understand how it works. If u have any other issue just let me know ... u know ... i'm ignorant about BG2 but i know "everything" about BG1 and Bg1 mod, lol :-P

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#22 superbai

superbai
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

I think the problem lies in the fact that I never knew Eldod can be restored in the Northern Citadel. As a result, Eldod kills Satos, and Avery did not talk about the Salamander's Island. Consequently, after I cleared out the Salamanders and Sirines on the north coast, and Nadalin returned, there is no dialog option of going to the salamander's island. All there is is "we were just passing by to see how you are getting on." Is there a CLUA trigger that sets Avery's talk about the Salamander Island? I think that woulda solve the original problem in this thread.

Hmm... Salamander Island Map is AR90PB.

Edited by superbai, 28 March 2008 - 02:52 AM.

#23 Oldwolf

Oldwolf
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:26 AM

YaY!!! mm75 thanks for your mini-walkthrough. From the posted walkthrough, I just got to talk to Nadalin so I was doing that in BG first. Order of events were messed, that is all. For me the Northern Coast looks like the BG1 lighthouse map area. So I go there first and see Nadalin for the first time, correct?

Correct, first u need to go to Northern Coast and speak to him ;-) I know NTotSC is a pain and not so consistent as DSotSC. It needed LOT of time to fully understand how it works. If u have any other issue just let me know ... u know ... i'm ignorant about BG2 but i know "everything" about BG1 and Bg1 mod, lol :-P

mm75

Hmmm I didn't run into Nadalin on the north coast the first time. First time I met him was at the dock for the Low Lantern Tavern when I went to kill Yago. So my order was.

Warning Spoilers

1. Talk to Nadalin at the dock of the Low Lantern tavern in Baldur's Gate.
2. Talk to headman in fishing village at North Coast.
3. Kill Sil and friends
4. Kill Salamanders outside of Cave by Sil
5. Kill Slamanders inside cave.
6. Talk to fishing village headman again.
7. Talk to Nadalin at the Low Lantern Dock in Baldur's Gate again.
8. Talk to Nadalin beside his boat at the north coast.

#24 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:20 AM

Sheeeesh, I hope I didn't screw this quest again. In previous runthroughs I would talk to Nadalin at docks and then skipper at North Coast. Here is what I did this time.

1) North Coast and talked to skipper who said the salamnders are a problem. Took care of them and talked to skipper for rep and XP (YAY!!!)
2) Talked to Nadalin at docks and he says salamnders are a problem. Talked to him again and thanks and he left.
3) He goes back to North Coast by his boat, and I can only have the dialog option to "see how you are doing".

Q- do I have to complete some more quests and get Avery (Citadel) to talk about salamander island and go talk to Nadalin again? My rep is 20.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#25 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:38 AM

Sheeeesh, I hope I didn't screw this quest again. In previous runthroughs I would talk to Nadalin at docks and then skipper at North Coast. Here is what I did this time.

1) North Coast and talked to skipper who said the salamnders are a problem. Took care of them and talked to skipper for rep and XP (YAY!!!)
2) Talked to Nadalin at docks and he says salamnders are a problem. Talked to him again and thanks and he left.
3) He goes back to North Coast by his boat, and I can only have the dialog option to "see how you are doing".

Q- do I have to complete some more quests and get Avery (Citadel) to talk about salamander island and go talk to Nadalin again? My rep is 20.

A- I usually talk to Nadalin in BG then go to Northen Coast. There kill the red salamanders. Now u should get the option from Nadalin to help them and go to the Island ... there u faceIce salamanders and take some info (and a quest) about the Cult,

mm75

#26 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

AHAAAAAH! I found I still need to talk to Avery and talk to Nadalin again to take me to the Ice Salamander Island for a vacation battle.

Global("AverySaysOfKey","GLOBAL",1)
Global("SzyperNadalin","GLOBAL",1)

Then we go.

Thanks Oldwolf and mm75> especially mm75, you are the guru of BG1 mods and your help and miniwalkthroughs are a big advantage!
:cheers: :Bow:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#27 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:41 AM

Thanks Oldwolf and mm75> especially mm75, you are the guru of BG1 mods and your help and miniwalkthroughs are a big advantage!
:cheers: :Bow:

Too nice mate ... i'm just so crazy to play BG games and reach only the final part of BG1 ... then ... restart :-)))) Maybe one day i'll be so skilled with BG2 stuff aswell ;-)

mm75

#28 -pjchc-

-pjchc-

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:43 AM

Wacky problem due to items carried seems to be stopping this quest, so if someone has the right triggers to type I'd be greatful.  Went to Nadalin in the BG Docks, got the quest, went to the fisherman skipper.  Killed the salamanders.  Sil didn't trigger because I was carrying drow items and I was getting a continuous trigger for their dusting and removal.  Went back to previous screen load, dropped the items on that screen and returned to Northern Coast where Sil and co triggered and killed them.  Went back to Skipper and he still says he hopes they get dealt with soon.  Nadalin in BG Docks still also says "you don't have the heart, do you ..."   Somehow because of the misfired trigger I don't have the quest completion.