37 replies to this topic

#21 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

Recommendations?

(Besides asking the folks using OnCreation() to move to E_T.)

Probably the best solution is to change any area scripts with the OnCreation() to E_T. I've already done so with my local copy of DSotSC. I think SBB has pretty much abandoned maintenance on DS and NTotSC: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=30552#, so perhaps I can gin together a new .tp2 for release along with the few minor bugfixes of DSotSC issues I've come across on my latest runthrough.

It takes a village...

#22 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:19 PM

I know this is off topic, but erebusant, we need to set aside a week in June when I can basically run errands for you/follow up on a bunch of stuff. The Vault and that WorldMap for EasyTutu especially. I feel like I have left you hanging out there alone - just so you know, it isn't me ignoring you - just overbooked myself, is all :)

#23 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

I know this is off topic, but erebusant, we need to set aside a week in June when I can basically run errands for you/follow up on a bunch of stuff. The Vault and that WorldMap for EasyTutu especially. I feel like I have left you hanging out there alone - just so you know, it isn't me ignoring you - just overbooked myself, is all :)

No problem. I just finished my run-thru of DSotSC, and there really are very few fixes that need making. I'll probably just post a patch for those changes, and fix the E_T's for the bcs blocks with a bunch of REPLACE_BCS_BLOCKS if the effected areas, followed by the E_T's.

Don't worry about the Vault. I got the BGT version running. I think I already PM'ed you the .d file I made up for it.

Next stop,,, NTotSC land. Now that one needs a lot of work.

It takes a village...

#24 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:30 PM

I found a slight problem in the Phase1/dlg/x#rumor.d file. The following state should read global,6 not global,5 so you don't get the dialog about the Iron Throne leaders being offed when you're wandering about Baldur's Gate in Chapter 6.
IF ~GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5) RandomNum(8,7)~ THEN BEGIN 6

SAY @12

IF ~~ THEN JOURNAL @13 EXIT

END

Edited by erebusant, 27 April 2008 - 04:31 PM.

It takes a village...

#25 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

I'm worried about the Vault - you know I have never ever had a true playthrough of that, or an installable version, though parts of pieces of it has littered my harddrive even before I began modding? :D

Got that last bug flagged, fixed, and put into v16 which has been uploaded. No ETA on when it goes public, but should be soon.

Going to bed. Whole weekend staring at the computer screen from early morning until late night, watching little code bunnies run across my screen and only occasionally making it to the other side without having troubles. Haven't done two day camp-at-the-terminal marathons since I was pushing a blackscreen terminal off of a VAX 780 porting through Carnegie Mellon, back in the day when "inter - what?" was a few colleges and the military messing around sending eachother ascii-art. Word. I am now officially feeling <<censored>> old. Thread probably closing tomorrow or in a few days, to be replaced by the v16 Bug Reports.

Edited by cmorgan, 27 April 2008 - 06:44 PM.

#26 Jaesun

Jaesun
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

I am currently playing BGT with BG1 NPC project v17 and one bug I can report is that after having your first "dream" when resting, Imoen is supposed to then start a dialogue with you. But it is not happening.

I also found that the Melicamp journal entry is not getting completed when Melicamp is restored (it DOES complete if Melicamp dies).

I DO have a save right before the dream, and restoring Melicamp if you would like me to test something.

I am also using the BG1 Unfinished Business mod, and a few others.

Edited by Jaesun, 28 July 2009 - 08:32 AM.

#27 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:38 AM

Could you zip up those two saves you mention and post them here. I'm quite busy with RL right now, so putting them would be good so I can look at them later, and give others the opportunity to work out what's wrong. Unfortunately, that means I can't really fix it for you at the moment. Is it OK to continue anyway?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#28 Jaesun

Jaesun
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

Could you zip up those two saves you mention and post them here. I'm quite busy with RL right now, so putting them would be good so I can look at them later, and give others the opportunity to work out what's wrong. Unfortunately, that means I can't really fix it for you at the moment. Is it OK to continue anyway?

Oh no rush or worries, I'm just continuing on. Just thought I'd mention it. I'll zip up the saves and attach them later tonight.

Thanks!

EDIT: Attached both saves. I don't need these fixed or anything, just reporting them as bugs.

Attached File  save.rar   338.57K   430 downloads

Edited by Jaesun, 05 August 2009 - 06:18 PM.

#29 billwg32

billwg32
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

ummm there's this problem u solved last year about a Jaheira from BG1 returning instead of the other, well I got the same thing.
I did everything as u told using the NI but it just crashes when I load.
So I attched my saved game here and hope u can have a look at it.

Thanks a great LOT!!!

Attached Files

#30 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:24 AM

Give this a shot. (not tested)

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#31 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:39 AM

Hello there. I am using BGT + BG1NPC project and I have a problem with Dynaheir's quest. I spoke to Drizzt in FishermansLake , I was nice to him and he said we might meet again --but from then on I can't find him in any of the other wilderness areas. I have Dynaheir in my party with an active romance. Is there a way to force him to appear with cluaconsole and continue the quest ?

[EDIT]: Ok, I fixed it by entering SetGlobal("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL",1) in cluaconsole in one of the wilderness areas. Drizzt spawned and the quest continued fine. The problem might have been with me attacking the Gnolls in the first place (even if they were not hostile), before talking to Drizzt in the fisherman's lake area.

Edited by ghostdog, 29 May 2010 - 04:48 AM.

#32 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

I got a "problem" when I went with Kagain to the caravan and killed the bandids. Then he said that he'd now be some sort of outcast, since Entar Silvershild will be extremely angry. At the end I can invite him to stay in the party and if I do so, he thanks me and I have to click on "no vaild replies available" (or something like that, you know this sentence). I click on it, everything is fine, but maybe one can get rid of this. If you need more information, tell me, but I think that's simply a minor bug of the mod.

Something else: Does Jaheira talk with me if Khalid is not in the party?

Edited by Fennek, 29 May 2010 - 12:47 PM.

#33 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

- delede this post, if you can, double-post -

Edited by Fennek, 29 May 2010 - 12:48 PM.

#34 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

Ascension64 - Sorry for the bad timing - but it might be an easy fix on our end.

http://forums.gibber...ndpost&p=152920

Are you using a different var for the assignment of BG1 content abilities during/after BG1 dreams?

We use "DREAM","GLOBAL" a couple of places to spark conversations about the dreams rec'd by PC. In BG/Tutu, the variable is "DREAM", and it sets to 2 and then de-increments through a process I am not to sure about (actually, it sets to sucessively higher numbers as each dream happens, each time being set back to 0). I can SPRINT this to BG1DREAM if that is what BGT is using to do the same thing.

#35 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

The global appears to be BG1Dream, probably to prevent overlap with the SoA dream variable. A remnant from the non-WeiDU install, I imagine.

--------------
Retired Modder

#36 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:05 AM

Other than the name change, is it used the same way in scripting? It matters for several of our NPCs, who use DREAM=1, DREAM=2, DREAM=4, DREAM=6 to detect the assignment of new powers and the appropriate dream having already fired. (sorry to bug you - I will try for a BGT install this weekend to check myself, but I am worried I won't have enough time to research how BGT converts the entire dream sequence. If this is already in the docs, you could point me towards it and I can work it out, if necessary).

#37 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

Here is the entire aPLAYER1D.baf that gets EXTEND_TOP to existing PLAYER1D.BCS. As for scripting, I'm not sure whether it actually is used in other scripts. A NearInfinity BCS and DLG text search for BG1Dream in a vanilla BGT 1.11 install reveals only PLAYER1D.BCS affected.

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",2)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",0)
  ReputationGT(Player1,9)
  Global("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-2")
    IncrementGlobal("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobalTimer("BG1DreamReset","GLOBAL",1)
    ApplySpellRES("GOODDRM2",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",2)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",0)
  ReputationLT(Player1,10)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-2")
    ApplySpellRES("BADDRM2",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",1)
  ReputationGT(Player1,9)
  GlobalTimerExpired("BG1DreamReset","GLOBAL")
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-3")
    ApplySpellRES("GOODDRM2",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",1)
  ReputationLT(Player1,10)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-3")
    ApplySpellRES("BADDRM2",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",2)
  ReputationGT(Player1,9)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-4")
    ApplySpellRES("GOODDRM4",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",2)
  ReputationLT(Player1,10)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-4")
    ApplySpellRES("BADDRM4",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",3)
  ReputationGT(Player1,9)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-5")
    ApplySpellRES("GOODDRM4",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",3)
  ReputationLT(Player1,10)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-5")
    ApplySpellRES("BADDRM4",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",6)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",4)
  ReputationGT(Player1,9)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-6")
    ApplySpellRES("GOODDRM6",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",6)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",4)
  ReputationLT(Player1,10)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-6")
    ApplySpellRES("BADDRM6",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",5)
  ReputationGT(Player1,9)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-7")
    ApplySpellRES("GOODDRM6",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

IF
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
  Global("BG1Dream","GLOBAL",5)
  ReputationLT(Player1,10)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TextScreen("DRMTXT-7")
    ApplySpellRES("BADDRM6",Player1)
    RestParty()
END

Edited by Ascension64, 03 January 2011 - 03:07 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#38 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

OK - thank you!

So basically, BGT does the smart thing and sets things up nicely in that script rather than the odd way BG and Tutu do with all the hidden references that are hard to follow. For the BG content dreams, detection on BGT is straightforward 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6