Comments on the Compatibility Guide

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

I am playing with Tortured Souls 7.02 + RR 4.11 now, and it seems that the Aran's script somehow breaks, and he won't give the SSoB blade to the protagonist. Though I do not remember if he gives the sword in the chapter 3 or chapter 6? If it's the latter, then sorry for the somewhat premature report, since I am currently in Underdark in my run :)

It depends.

If the player sides with the Shadow Thieves, Aran gives him the SSoB in chapter 6. OTOH, if the player sides with Bodhi, he gets to kill Aran as a part of her final task in Chapter 3 and can loot the SSoB from his corpse. This is explained in the readme.

Otherwise, TS and RR seem to be working smoothly together. I have acquired some bugs with TS content, but they are most certainly not related to RR at all.

That's good to hear.

#62 critto

critto
  • Validating
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

If the player sides with the Shadow Thieves, Aran gives him the SSoB in chapter 6. OTOH, if the player sides with Bodhi, he gets to kill Aran as a part of her final task in Chapter 3 and can loot the SSoB from his corpse. This is explained in the readme.

Indeed. I've checked the readme before posting, but, apparently, I've missed the information.
Anyway, that's why this thought about getting the sword in chapter 6 was bugging me constantly. I've sided with the thieves, so I'll wait till the chapter 6. Turns out, it's not a bug after all, which is a good news :)
Update: I returned to Athaktla and reached Aran. He gave the sword without any problems or difficulties.

Edited by critto, 10 July 2009 - 10:13 PM.

#63 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

This may or may not be a bug, and I don't know if it's fixable anyway - if you fire Arrows of Detonation with Sparkburst bow and it's special effect triggers
all cought in the AoE of the explosion suffer the ill effect (magnetized). It's likely the same behaviour as using Deathblow with mentioned arrows.