• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#201 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

<CHARNAME> the Excessively Flamboyant

emm What context? Full sentence please :)

Attached Files

Edited by prowler, 24 August 2010 - 10:33 AM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#202 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

<CHARNAME> the Excessively Flamboyant

emm What context? Full sentence please :)

It is a name, so whatever the player has for the his or her name (<CHARNAME>) it will be changed to <CHARNAME> the Excessively Flamboyant. It happens in a quest only if a certain path is followed but it may not be the most common path in the quest.

Thanks!
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#203 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

In TDD exist a problem with the pestcloud. You get no XP if you kill someone with it.

Setup-TDD.TP2

COPY ~TDD/SPL/SPPR427.spl~		  ~TDD-SPL~	   
  SAY NAME1 @20662
  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @20663
must be
COPY ~TDD/SPL/SPPR427.spl~		  ~TDD-SPL~	   
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~BPPESTIL~ ~PWPESTIL~
  SAY NAME1 @20662
  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @20663

Additional you need the missing PWPESTIL.baf and add the following directly under the above code:
COMPILE ~TDD/BAF/PWPESTIL.baf~

I've attached the corrected TP2 and the new baf (TDD_PestFix.rar). Additional I've attached White Agnus "TDD_PestHotfix.rar", which one can install after the whole megamod, to fix this problem.

[EDIT]

The pestcloud kills the enemies on two ways:
1.) The normal way with reaching 0 HP
2.) If the STR and/or DEX is reaching 0

White Agnus fix fixes only point 1 and at the moment we have not find a way to fix point 2, too.
That means, if an enemy dies with 0 STR/DEX you get no XP from him.

Greetings Leomar

Revisiting this in the next two days with 1.14 alpha test. I think I will cap the spell damage as it is way too powerful and I will try to avoid the death from STR and/or DEX. I tested the current spell with Demogorgon and it wasted him. It also created a problem with demo's scripting with BP/TActics enhancements so I think it will be sufficient to cap it and we won't need the additional script for the spell.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#204 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

Typo in creature name of sppr629 Call Lightning Elemental: Lightening Elemental

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#205 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

Typo in creature name of sppr629 Call Lightning Elemental: Lightening Elemental

10th

The typos don't end there but I must argue:

lightning: the discharge of electricity

lightening: 1. to make light; illuminate 2. to shine brightly; flash 3. to give flashes of lightning

Example this relates to:

"Lightning bug" or "lightning rod"

Seems more appropriate to be lightning regarding the electrical discharge the elementals give off. Semantics Schmantics

:cheers:

- King Diamond

#206 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

Should I post here or over at teambg in the future, if there are bug reports?

Your statement, that Xzar's quest works even if BGT is installed afterwards is unfortunately incorrect. At least in my installation.

From what I pieced together about Xzar's TDD quest:
- Everything is controlled by Baldur.bcs
- As he doesn't have his own dialogue file he starts his dialogue with another dlg-file with baldur.bcs if certain conditions are met
- In my installation the whole revive monty and harperfeud shtick had xzar and montaron as death vars instead of xzardd and montydd

Will update if I happen to do the other quests, though it'll be probably the same.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#207 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:00 PM

What advantage does it to make "Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder components absolutely necessary"? I can not judge it, but some modders advise to avoid this component at least in a megamod installation. For this reason even some mods that required this component before had been changed so that they don't need it any more. How shall I handle this in BWP?

#208 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

What advantage does it to make "Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder components absolutely necessary"? I can not judge it, but some modders advise to avoid this component at least in a megamod installation. For this reason even some mods that required this component before had been changed so that they don't need it any more. How shall I handle this in BWP?

By installing it via the BiG World Fixpacks .2da fixes... and make double sure that there is no double entries.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#209 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

Should I post here or over at teambg in the future, if there are bug reports?

Your statement, that Xzar's quest works even if BGT is installed afterwards is unfortunately incorrect. At least in my installation.

From what I pieced together about Xzar's TDD quest:
- Everything is controlled by Baldur.bcs
- As he doesn't have his own dialogue file he starts his dialogue with another dlg-file with baldur.bcs if certain conditions are met
- In my installation the whole revive monty and harperfeud shtick had xzar and montaron as death vars instead of xzardd and montydd

Will update if I happen to do the other quests, though it'll be probably the same.

10th

Read this:

http://www.shsforums...post__p__486746

It was an attempt, nothing more. BGT replaces textually the death variables related to the scripts. TDD replaces death variables .... etc.

TDD installed then BGT = only imported Xzar, Kivan, Shar-Teel get quests.

TDD after BGT = only TDD NPC's get the quests.

As of TDD 1.13 I only duplicated the BAFs and SNIPS to account for both DV's. BGT still replaces the script names so you have duplicated blocks of the same thing now.

I am reverting back in 1.14 to one block rules all as it was before 1.13. If you want TDD NPC's to get the quests, install TDD after BGT. If you want imported dudes to get quests then BGT after TDD. It's all in the TP2's.

I will close this topic when 1.14 is released and move everything it to TeamBG.

- King Diamond

#210 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:29 PM

By installing it via the BiG World Fixpacks .2da fixes... and make double sure that there is no double entries.

Not everybody is installing mods with Big World Project. If the "Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder" is not installed then TDD has a ton of PARSE ERRORS related to GTIMES. I do not know if these are dangerous errors or just stupid. I don't know if I care either.

- King Diamond

#211 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

Gtimes.ids/Dragtope.bcs (only concerns this script)
At least in my installation the parse errors are in the setup-tdd.debug, but those parse-errored arguments are also present in my Gtimes.ids (they were added later in my installation by BG1NPC).

If I remember correctly, there were some reports in the past about a dragon who had some sort of infinite protection loop. I don't know if it was the one from the ritual quest at Watcher's keep or Tapanascar.

What I do know, is that in my installation all those X_minutes timers are set to 0, which could cause some trouble.
What I also know, is that in vanilla BG2 there's no such thing as X_minutes in Gtimes.ids, it's only measured in days.

Moreover that's no fault of not installing Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder, it's simply an oversight in TDD itself. If you look at the append code for Gtimes.ids you won't find any mention of X_minutes, even if it's used in dragtope.bcs.

10th

#212 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:39 AM

Gtimes.ids/Dragtope.bcs (only concerns this script)
At least in my installation the parse errors are in the setup-tdd.debug, but those parse-errored arguments are also present in my Gtimes.ids (they were added later in my installation by BG1NPC).

If I remember correctly, there were some reports in the past about a dragon who had some sort of infinite protection loop. I don't know if it was the one from the ritual quest at Watcher's keep or Tapanascar.

What I do know, is that in my installation all those X_minutes timers are set to 0, which could cause some trouble.
What I also know, is that in vanilla BG2 there's no such thing as X_minutes in Gtimes.ids, it's only measured in days.

Moreover that's no fault of not installing Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder, it's simply an oversight in TDD itself. If you look at the append code for Gtimes.ids you won't find any mention of X_minutes, even if it's used in dragtope.bcs.

10th

Something adds this stuff to the GTIMES.IDS and I don't doubt the dragtope script is shoddy and needs reworking, so I will look into that script. If the Super Happy component of Fixpack has other things that make mods a little dicey, than we can see that component is not required. If we need that GTIMES.IDS appended fully, than TDD will do it itself.

5 ONE_MINUTE
10 TWO_MINUTES
15 THREE_MINUTES
20 FOUR_MINUTES
25 FIVE_MINUTES
30 SIX_MINUTES
35 SEVEN_MINUTES
40 EIGHT_MINUTES
45 NINE_MINUTES
50 TEN_MINUTES
55 ELEVEN_MINUTES
60 TWELVE_MINUTES
65 THIRTEEN_MINUTES
70 FOURTEEN_MINUTES
75 FIFTEEN_MINUTES
80 SIXTEEN_MINUTES
85 SEVENTEEN_MINUTES
90 EIGHTEEN_MINUTES
95 NINETEEN_MINUTES
100 TWENTY_MINUTES
150 THIRTY_MINUTES
200 FORTY_MINUTES
250 FIFTY_MINUTES

EDIT: Do you think I should try changing the minutes in dragtope to rounds?

Edited by Hoppy, 08 September 2010 - 07:31 AM.

- King Diamond

#213 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

@Hoppy: I did some tests regarding TDD and TS25minimod component 5. If one installs TDD first, one gets - as I mentioned - a ctd if one enters the slums. The area is not corrupted (to answer your question). One can open it with NI and I exported it with some other files so that you might have a look on it. If one installs TS25minimod component 5 first, then TDD, everything works fine, no ctd. So I guess TDD changes someting that TS25mini then cannot deal with anymore. I also exported files from this test and attach everything. As you can see from the weidu-logs, the conditions were the same in both installations (BWP-Fixpack and Bg2-Fixpack). I also tested if something happens if one installs TS25mini component 0 (Detectable spells) first, then TDD, then component 5; here nothing changed, still a ctd, so it is about TDD and TS25mini component 5, with - as it seems- TDD as the reason for the problem.

Attached Files

#214 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

Yeah I looked into it a little before and I saw the component 5 has an area entrance that it is adding to ar0400. TDD also adds an area entrance as well so I don't know what I can do. Reworking areas is definitely out of the scope for my TDD updating as this next update will be my last for while I know.

Logs won't do any good as we have to take the broken area and find a way to fix it. Maybe I will install the TS25 mod in Japanese or whatever with my next TDD test but this is something that won't happen very soon, the fix I mean.

Can you give me the WED files as well for your two tests? That is something that will crash an area if it is screwed up too. Especially with doors and area entrances <_<

EDIT: Fennek, there are two data holes in that area (first file) with massive unused bytes. That is a corrupt area and thus the crash which you told me was not corrupt :blink: . I would evaluate the code that TS25 uses to add its transition as that is what is hosing the area by creating unused bytes or it does not like the area transition that TDD adds.

TDD's code is solid enough to use as an example as this is the second time area corruption happens from some super sweet macro-twinkie.

I sight this as an example and you can try erebusant's code outline from NTotSC or ask Miloch how he fixed it. It sounds like the Aurora's Shoes crash happened in some instances only, if I remember.

Sorry,I just hate area problems, it all boils down to that. ;)

EDIT2: Opening the area with Near Infinity doesn't mean it is a good file. Hint: look at the command prompt window when opening the file and you will see errors or
HOLE:AR0400 off:<some code>
. If you are not using the .bat with NI, look in the edit tab all the way at the bottom.

Also, DLTCEP is great at being crystal clear if an area is cheesed.

EDIT3: TZDR03 entrance is flagged as 1)Trigger Deactivated and 2)Cannot be passed by NPC. ??? I can do more and leave it in the hands of my trusty assistant... uh...uh...ummm... :lol:

Edited by Hoppy, 09 September 2010 - 04:00 PM.

- King Diamond

#215 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

@Tapanascar
Haven't been there yet, therefore can't give you a "qualified" opinion on his script. Moreover, as I'm already over 3 million XP it'll probably be a very short encounter.

10th

#216 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

@Tapanascar
Haven't been there yet, therefore can't give you a "qualified" opinion on his script. Moreover, as I'm already over 3 million XP it'll probably be a very short encounter.

10th

Oh no :o we have to make qualified opinions? Damn, when did that start? :P

No worries I have a save that I can use. Probably the same reason why he is spamming Greater Malisons too is due to the minutes timers. It seems Cuv and Radagast had the GTIMES appended as their effort was what I based my final edit on. Better than the old one I guess :unsure: .

Hey you were the one that told me about the golem causing slowdowns. That was a long time ago but do you remember if it was removing it from the area that helped? :lol:

- King Diamond

#217 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

Golem :unsure:

10th

Edited by 10th, 09 September 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#218 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

Can you give me the WED files as well for your two tests? That is something that will crash an area if it is screwed up too. Especially with doors and area entrances <_<

I attached the two files.

Well... That both mods add an entrance at the same place... Not very nice... However, when one installs TS25mini first, there is no entrance from TDD added. And yes, I had no idea that an area might be corrupted if one can open the file. :whistling:

Attached Files

Edited by Fennek, 10 September 2010 - 12:12 PM.

#219 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

I attached the two files.

Well... That both mods add an entrance at the same place... Not very nice... However, when one installs TS25mini first, there is no entrance from TDD added. And yes, I had no idea that an area might be corrupted if one can open the file. :whistling:

Well... That both mods add an entrance at the same place... Not very nice...

So the entrances are both being added to the same spot (sewer grate)? Well now you know what you have to do with TS25, change the location of the entrance. :)

- King Diamond

#220 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

So the entrances are both being added to the same spot (sewer grate)?

Well, the entrance from TS25minimod is added at the left side of the map, more or less directly south of the planar sphere, the first house from the north. I had no idea if/where TDD adds an entrance, so I just installed TDD without TS25mini and had a look. There was no entrance at this place, at least none I could see in the game. I also tried strg-4, nothing in blue... :blink: So I'd say (at the moment): There is no entrance added by TDD, at least not at this place, and therefore it cannot be the reason of the problem/ctd.

Edit: I also just tested with TS25mini alone, there's a blue area shown by strg-4, even if one cannot enter without having started the quest.

Edited by Fennek, 10 September 2010 - 04:09 PM.