• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

^I likes that one.^

I guess this is another one I'll miss out on. I've been backed up by other projects and responsibilities lately. Oh well...
(I like parentheses.)

#42 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:46 AM

I like it. ^_^ But I think head a little too big, for her body. :D

#43 Shae

Shae
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:21 AM

Thank you :)

She's a halfling, so I gave her the proportions of a child. Thus a bigger than normal head, not sure if halflings are supposed to be like that or not though.
I scribble and I chirp, wait no. I mean tweet (infrequently). And sometimes I tumble about as well.

#44 Jenne

Jenne

Assault of The Mighty Feet is coming, beware!

• 85 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

Shae, I don't think halflings should have bigger head than human adults. They are not children, they are adults too. Take, for example, a 160 cm high human in comparison to a 200 cm high one - they don't have different head-body proportions.

Great picture nevertheless!

Elminster this, Elminster that. Give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I will kick his arse.

My personal blog - in Czech. You've been warned.
My DA account, although it isn't tended too much.

Posted Image

#45 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:40 AM

Well, i hadn't even noticed the bigger head when i firstly looked at it, so it isn't so bad. I think it's a great pic Shae! Why don't you try to put a background? (even a simple one with 2-3 colors will do) I think then it will show even greater! Anyway, it's a very nice work! :D

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#46 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:52 AM

Lovely picture, Shae! The eyes look a bit too close together, and the head is a little big, but that's just minor things. It's great!

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#47 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:07 AM

Wow Shae it turned out very well! Good job with armour as usual :D it looks a little 'flat' but I think it's just because you're still learning to master Photoshop.
Just a question, I noticed that you kept the lineart in the head but not in the rest of the body, why?

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#48 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

Wow! Cool pictures, each and every one here.

Suggestion: A Mazzy portrait pack(mod), or a Mazzy gallery(maybe as an extension of newly released Mazzy friendship, or standalone). This one shouldn't just quietly die, it's too good.

#49 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

It looks really beautiful, Shae. :)
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#50 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

Great entries, everyone! I fear what would happen should she hear me say it, but Mazzy looks really cute in all of the pictures so far.

Sammi, have you ever thought of doing a portrait pack?

I've wanted to for a while. I atucally started a BGII anime style portrait pack but gave up on it. But I really would like to do a traditional one. For both games. That would be so cool...but I wouldn't know how to make it available for download. I mean, I even have trouble getting one custom portrait into the game, other than my Bhaalspawn's. If someone could help me get it to work, I'd totally do that.

@Shae: That pic is teh awesome. I like the pose.

Edited by Sammi Somara, 11 January 2009 - 05:54 PM.

Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#51 Shae

Shae
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

Jenne: Hmm I guess that makes sense, I'll have to keep that in mind when drawing a halfling next.
Silinde Ar-Feiniel: Oh man, a background? I'll think about it, but if I try it then such a thing might take some time :P
Epantiras: Hah, you noticed! XD That would be because it looks better with the lineart than without. Eventually I'll figure out how to get decent faces that don't rely on lines.
Sammi: I think you'd be able to do a great portrait pack :D As far as I know people usually just post the pictures and anyone can pick and choose what they want. There's likely a way to make something that puts them all in for you but it would be beyond my knowledge.
I scribble and I chirp, wait no. I mean tweet (infrequently). And sometimes I tumble about as well.

#52 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

Jenne: Hmm I guess that makes sense, I'll have to keep that in mind when drawing a halfling next.
Silinde Ar-Feiniel: Oh man, a background? I'll think about it, but if I try it then such a thing might take some time :P
Epantiras: Hah, you noticed! XD That would be because it looks better with the lineart than without. Eventually I'll figure out how to get decent faces that don't rely on lines.
Sammi: I think you'd be able to do a great portrait pack :D As far as I know people usually just post the pictures and anyone can pick and choose what they want. There's likely a way to make something that puts them all in for you but it would be beyond my knowledge.

Already started the preliminary sketches. So far tonight, I've sketched Aerie, Imoen, Jaheira, Viconia, Nalia, and Anomen.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#53 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:22 AM

I really liked how Mazzy turned out in this challenge :)

But he next Challenge is out and ready. If you have any more pictures of the warrior halfling feel free to post them here.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image