Photo

Comments on the aTweaks releases

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 -A newbie-

-A newbie-

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

Installation order on EasyTutu

Ok, after checking out this thread I found out that aTweaks should be installed after SCS I.

However here (check out the bottom of the page) it is stated that it should be installed after RR, but before SCS I and BG2 Tweak Pack. Since many newbies (like me) use this page as an installation order guide for EasyTutu I believe this mistake should be rectified as soon as possible.

Oh, and should aTweaks be installed before BG2 Tweak Pack as well? Should it be the last mod before Widescreen?

Thanks!

#42 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

However here (check out the bottom of the page) it is stated that it should be installed after RR, but before SCS I and BG2 Tweak Pack.

That guide is outdated with regards to aTweaks. I'll send a note to the authors.

Should it be the last mod before Widescreen?

Pretty much, yes. However, you may want to install the P5Tweaks frozen/disintegrate related components after aTweaks for optimum effect.

Edited by aVENGER, 05 February 2010 - 02:56 PM.

#43 persocom01

persocom01
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:47 AM

I think my favorite feature is scribe scrolls, as it indirectly lifts the number of mages per team restriction the game indirectly places on you due to the fact there are insufficient spells to go around. (most shops only stock 2-3 copies, and some spells like spell trigger are inexplicably rare) I think it may be slightly overpowered in the sense you can do it virtually anytime out of combat as many times as you want (as long as your gold allows) and the spell you scribed doesn't become used. (in effect, allowing you to cast the spell from scroll as many times as your money allows) I would actually prefer the spell being considered cast on scribing as it feels as if the mage spent time to write it down, but I'm not really complaining.

My second favorite is "distinctive creature coloring". I always thought those clay golems looked too much like stone golems and vice versa...

Haven't gone to watcher's keep to experience the improved fiends. The cambrion at irenicus dungeon though, notably had a fireshield.

Edited by persocom01, 14 February 2010 - 08:54 AM.

#44 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

I think my favorite feature is scribe scrolls, as it indirectly lifts the number of mages per team restriction the game indirectly places on you due to the fact there are insufficient spells to go around.

Thanks. Being able to share spells between party members' spellbooks was much the main motivation for coding that component. :)

I would actually prefer the spell being considered cast on scribing as it feels as if the mage spent time to write it down

Good point. I'll look into this for some future release.

I always thought those clay golems looked too much like stone golems and vice versa.

My thoughts exactly. IMO, it's pretty neat knowing which Golem type the party is up against simply by glancing at it.

The cambrion at irenicus dungeon though, notably had a fireshield.

Not by aTweaks' doing though. One of your other mods (possibly SCSII) might have added that.

#45 persocom01

persocom01
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:31 AM

Not by aTweaks' doing though. One of your other mods (possibly SCSII) might have added that.

mm I didn't install anything concerning fiends from that mod since I suspected yours was better done. Anyway I noticed some fiends turned green. And I think sone level drained and held me on hit. Those in the planar sphere quest were green too (which was a little odd considering the very red background) and they had some new ability to gate to the etheral plane. I tried detect illusions but failed haha... I'm kind of addicted to detect illusions... it's such a good skill now with scs giving invis potions to every mugger on the street.Here's my scs 2 weidu log:

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells (required for most other components): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Bugfix: Fix the Mirror Image spell so it doesn't block area-effect magic: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Bugfix: Fix the Dispel Magic spell so it correctly allows for caster's level: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3530 // Faster Bears: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Improved shapeshifting: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6061 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6081 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6090 // Give dragons more staying power by increasing their hit points: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6108 // Enemy mages (and Elder Orbs) use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages or Smarter Beholders): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6136 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6162 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7032 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Almost-maximum difficulty (maximum for everything except liches): v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Improved Random Encounters: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7126 // Improved Irenicus in Hell (Tactics remix) -> Tactics-SCSII hybrid: v11
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6180 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs: v11

The smarter mages component of scs 2 was actually pretty good, but had the side effect of making unbreachable liches due to a bug. The lich in the spellhold chased me across 2 rooms and even outlasted my nishuu (and he even still had spells left, I wonder how is that possible >.<) before I killed him.

Edited by persocom01, 18 February 2010 - 11:46 AM.

#46 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

Anyway I noticed some fiends turned green. And I think sone level drained and held me on hit.

Those are Nabassu and what you described would be the intended PnP behavior. Their greenish appearance is caused by aTweaks' Distinctive Creature Coloring component.

Those in the planar sphere quest were green too (which was a little odd considering the very red background) and they had some new ability to gate to the etheral plane. I tried detect illusions but failed haha...

Detect Illusions won't help in that situation as Etherealeness isn't an illusionary spell. Use Detect Invisibility or True Seeing instead. Both spells have the ability to reveal ethereal creatures, as per PnP rules.

Edited by aVENGER, 18 February 2010 - 05:52 PM.

#47 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

A few notes on the new release.

Firstly, a bit more on the Make alignment detection spells more accurate component. Basically, it tweaks the Know Alignment and Detect Evil spells so that in addition to displaying the alignment of the target on the Good-Evil scale, they now also display the target's alignment on the Law-Chaos scale. For example, casting Know Alignment on Keldorn will now display "Lawful Good" instead of merely "Good". Similarly, casting Detect Evil near Korgan will now list his alignment as "Chaotic Evil" instead of merely "Evil". BTW, the relevant bits of this component will be auto-skipped if the Oversight and/or Spell Revisions mods are detected since they already change the Know Alignment spell. The part which changes the Detect Evil spell will always be installed since (to the best of my knowledge) no other mod alters it. Also, different from Oversight, this component won't make Know Alignment into an area effect spell, nor will it let it bypass the target's magic resistance.

Secondly, the Succubus AI was significantly improved in this update. In the previous versions, the AI worked fine unless the Succubus was encountered in a cramped location with many narrow corridors (i.e. like Kirinhale in Durlag's Tower) in which case the Fiend couldn't use its Etherealness and Teleport Without Error abilities in optimal fashion. These shortcomings have been eliminated, therefore Kirinhale and all the other Succubi will now be much more elusive than before. The targeting routine for their Charm Person and Kiss abilities has been improved as well, especially when the latter is used in conjunction with Teleport Without Error.

Lastly, in case anyone's wondering, here's the new Plane Shift/Etherealness animation:

Posted Image

#48 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

Enabled "Simple Thief Script" and "Simple Bard Script" for Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale II.

Yay, thank you, Wisp. :cheers:

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#49 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

Enabled "Simple Thief Script" and "Simple Bard Script" for Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale II.

Yay, thank you, Wisp. :cheers:

You're welcome.
I'm open to suggestions for improvements. Maybe there are situation where one of the currently unused bard songs would be useful, or something.

#50 -T-

-T-

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

I hope this thread's the right one to post this, but I was wondering what you guys might think of making the beholders more like their PnP counterparts. One issue might be that the pnp ability to shoot out disintegrate might be too powerful, but in pnp, their anti-magic ray shuts down their own glare attacks. Perhaps including the disintegrate ability could be a separate component.

This mod is fantastic, btw. I really love what you've done with the fiends and with so many of the other components. :Bow:

#51 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

I hope this thread's the right one to post this, but I was wondering what you guys might think of making the beholders more like their PnP counterparts. One issue might be that the pnp ability to shoot out disintegrate might be too powerful, but in pnp, their anti-magic ray shuts down their own glare attacks. Perhaps including the disintegrate ability could be a separate component.

Well...just between you and me, v4 might be of interest for more than one reason.

#52 -T-

-T-

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:09 PM

Well...just between you and me, v4 might be of interest for more than one reason.

:D

#53 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image

Distrust ultroloths bearing gifts? :P

#54 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

That's been there for a couple of months now. I should ask someone if there's some way to get rid of it (apparently the Moderation option isn't it).

#55 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

That's been there for a couple of months now. I should ask someone if there's some way to get rid of it (apparently the Moderation option isn't it).

Thanks for the heads up. :)

#56 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:27 AM

It's a stupid feature (apparently just anyone can post rubbish there) and even more so because I think you have to report it manually to K'aeloree and only he can deal with it.

Speaking of ultroloths, would they be needing sword and/or halberd overlays (as per PnP) or would a hardcoded weapon (or no weapon) suffice? I suppose nycaloths should have axe and shield overlays, but I don't know if I can manage that (ultroloths would be easier because they use a human parent animation in NWN). Also, you could save me some time (eventually) be letting me know the filenames for your yugoloths.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#57 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

Speaking of ultroloths, would they be needing sword and/or halberd overlays (as per PnP) or would a hardcoded weapon (or no weapon) suffice?

Ultroloths come unarmed. Mainly because I thought their energy-damage thing was neat (but also because it was less work than making one or more artifact-grade weapons).

I suppose nycaloths should have axe and shield overlays, but I don't know if I can manage that (ultroloths would be easier because they use a human parent animation in NWN).

Yeah, nycaloths use axes. But I'm cool with the standard tanar'ri (recoloured if you really want more work) for them. It'd be no more strange than balors.

Also, you could save me some time (eventually) be letting me know the filenames for your yugoloths.

They're fl#sarca, fl#snyca and fl#sultr.
But that reminds me, there are some new tanar'ri/baatezu instances that may need to be accounted for by IA (and by aTweaks, as it happens):
fl#nabsu //Nabassu
fl#corsu //Cornugon
fl#glasu //Glabrezu
fl#gelsu //Gelugon
fl#balsu //Balor
fl#pitsu //Pit Fiend
fl#hsbal //Balor
fl#hsmar //Marilith
fl#hsgla //Glabrezu
fl#hsnab //Nabassu
fl#hssuc //Succubus
fl#hsalu //Alu-fiend
fl#hscam //Cambion
fl#hspit //Pit Fiend
fl#hsgel //Gelugon
fl#hscor //Cornugon
fl#hsabi //Abishai (cloned from demabi01)
fl#hseri //Erinyes
fl#hsbfn //Bone Fiend

#58 rajman

rajman
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

I'm unconfortable with Cacofiend (lvl7) summoning a Arcanoloth while Summon Fiend (lvl8) summons a Nycaloth; the former is higher rank than the latter in pnp, and judging from the stats I can see it more useful in game as well; not to mention that Arcanoloths can cast a lvl 6 spell and a bunch of lower lvl spells, very cheap for a lvl 7 slot.

#59 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

Lore-wise, while nycaloths are afforded the least status is yugoloth high society, they are still described as "possibly the most powerful of the greater yugoloths." They also yield more XP than Arcanaloths.

I could possibly adjust some of the Arcanaloth's stats downwards and adjust some of the Nycaloth's stats upwards.

#60 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

Just dropping in to say hi. :)

Nice work on the Yugoloths. Love the PnP Beholder and Undead ideas. Keep up the good work! :new_thumbs: