• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

No the original option is she says she cannot leave. I am looking into this now. Thanks for pointing this out.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#42 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

Fala'stra should not be able to join until Myth Drannor. I have never added code to her dialog to do otherwise. Unless her romance writer added it...

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#43 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:43 AM

Most likely my fault actually, I recall being asked to overhaul some of her dialog and I think that dialogue was among them. I think the reason was about the loose ends the original left behind, I'm not sure if anything else might've been altered in it however, t'was a fair while ago.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#44 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:24 AM

Most likely my fault actually, I recall being asked to overhaul some of her dialog and I think that dialogue was among them. I think the reason was about the loose ends the original left behind, I'm not sure if anything else might've been altered in it however, t'was a fair while ago.

Couldn't say who added it but yeah, it's definitely there. looking at her .d file there's a stat check against Charisma if i read it right, and options for male and female PC's, and if the Charisma os over 14 her joining in mistmoor can happen currently. Understandable for such things to happen with so many things "in progress" and such a huge project.

It's not bad either way, though i would say, if her joining in mistmoor is kept as an option, a bit of tweaking for her dialogue there would be good, because she goes in the same sentence from saying she cant leave to saying i've convinced her. *grin* So one more line from the PC perhaps with a final convincing dialogue, or non-convincing dialogue, depending on the stat check. It's not bad now, but it does read a bit oddly now. :)

Maybe the pc can offer to donate a bit of cash to help her aunt hire some temporary help while falastra helps the pc look for her uncle and his own family and that can convince her.

#45 Steve

Steve
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

Maybe the pc can offer to donate a bit of cash to help her aunt hire some temporary help while falastra helps the pc look for her uncle and his own family and that can convince her.

If Fala'stra is in your party and have Ilewtharyn summon her for Myth Drannor, there'll be two of her when you come back. And there will be another fade-in fade-out loop. It's probably best to leave her be at Mistmoor.

BTW, interesting dialog between Ilewtharyn and Althon. I take it Ilewtharyn is the elven equivalent of a lich?

#46 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:26 AM

I take it Ilewtharyn is the elven equivalent of a lich?

Not quite, but if you meant him to be Baelnorn, then yes, as far as I know. As Baelnorn is not the same a Lich, but an Archlich.
The significant difference is that the Lich is just a magic using monster guarding his tomb, while the Archlich is more of an undead person, and more powerful.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#47 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

Ilewtharyn is an interesting fellow, he isn't a lich or a balenorn but he is cursed to eternally remain as the vault of ages guardian. Ilewtharyn uses high magic which no longer exists, he could take down an arch lich with ease. He is ancient, if you do a quick search about the Crown Wars you will learn he is older then any empire, now what would make certain party members so interesting for him if he is this powerful...

Edited by leahnkain, 24 March 2009 - 04:26 PM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#48 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:44 PM

Another bug i forgot to mention, Paraway's wolf talisman, doesn't work as it says it should. It says 3x a day, and it has the 3 charges shown. But after using it once it's out of charges until the next day.

Cath's (not going to try spelling his name) banter story about Kira?sha loops at the second portion of the story, it never completes, so he just keeps asking if i want to hear the rest of the story, tells the second bit, then says we need to move on and he'll finish it later. i got it 3 or 4 times before i figured out what variable to move from 3 to 4. hoping that stops it for good, it's been awhile now since he triggered.

And i had no problem with falastra joining in MD, it ran fine for me.

Edited by agnar, 25 March 2009 - 05:58 AM.

#49 Steve

Steve
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:34 AM

> now what would make certain party members so interesting for him if he is this powerful...

He's obviously setting Althon up with a blind date with Srinshee.

#50 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

Cath's (not going to try spelling his name) banter story about Kira?sha loops at the second portion of the story, it never completes, so he just keeps asking if i want to hear the rest of the story, tells the second bit, then says we need to move on and he'll finish it later. i got it 3 or 4 times before i figured out what variable to move from 3 to 4. hoping that stops it for good, it's been awhile now since he triggered.

Found the offending dialog.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CathPC3a
SAY ~We stripped Kira?sha completely; she must have thought that we were going to do some vulgar act, which of course we wouldn?t... Meanwhile, I kept giving her more poison. She began to cry when I told her what I was going to do.

I redressed her in her armor, and then I killed her. We were very careful to keep the body in perfect condition, there were no marks. Because she was at a social gathering she was wearing heavy makeup, Kira?sha looked as though she was alive.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~You are despicable, Catharandamus. I've heard enough.~ GOTO CathPC2g
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Please continue.~ GOTO CathPC2i
END

What was intended was a banter 3 dialog labelled CathPC3b, this one in its current state will lead to a dialog block belonging to the previous banter. And thus...

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CathPC2i
SAY ~Let us continue, lest the fools with us get themselves killed without our strength to help them. I shall tell you the rest of my story soon.~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("TCCathFlamers","LOCALS",3)~ EXIT
END

IF ~CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
Detect([PC])
!StateCheck([PC],CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Global("TCCathFlamers","LOCALS",3)~ THEN BEGIN CathPC3
SAY ~<CHARNAME>, are you ready for the rest of my story?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, I am not interested.~ DO ~SetGlobal("TCCathFlamers","LOCALS",4)~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Perhaps, another time.~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Of course, if you are willing to tell me.~ DO ~SetGlobal("TCCathFlamers","LOCALS",4)~ GOTO CathPC3a
END

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

~***~***~***~

#51 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

That's what i found too solar's harper, but i didn't want to assume i knew what i was talking about in the actual code after a previous mistaken assumption by me. :) i figured it would be easy to find for those who know the coding better than me.

#52 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

Oh it's quite alright to remedy the problem if you see it, or at least identify it for us, thus making it a little easier to find. After all, the more eyes and minds working towards a solution, the better, no? :)

Don't worry about contributing agnar, if there's a flaw in the solution provided, it'll be corrected in a friendly manner - heck, it is by making mistakes we learn after all.

~***~***~***~

#53 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

Vildamyr's banter about himself loops if Althon is in the party. Otherwise, it works. I just found that difference and fixed it.

Cath's banter fixed as well.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 30 March 2009 - 02:15 PM.
update

Classic Adventures

#54 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

There are problems with reputation and reaction to it. My party reached a 20 rep with althon and cathmandrus in it. right away cath leaves the group, then initiates his "why'd you kick me out, should i rejoin" dialogue, and will keep leaving, rejoining, leaving unless your rep drops magically. Althon does the same if i distract cath long enough with casting a healing spell or something. The leaving at 20 rep is understandable, but i wasn't getting any outright complaints from them that i noticed as the rep neared that level. and they didnt say "i'm leaving because you're a bunch of heroic pantywaists" they just left, then asked me why *I* kicked them out. The only way i stopped it was to shadowkeeper my rep down to 13 or so and then they stayed in the party without issue. So the leaving dialogue for too high a rep seems broken.

Althon in group, go into barracks to face girana. althon says girana has his sword, girana confirms it, calls him a dog. after the fight, there's no sign of teargiver, althon's sword.

The sauhagain queen dialogue cuts out early, the button says continue but ends dialogue instead.

Either the wand of the heavens or dirbert and paraway are screwed up i think. archers and rangers should be able to use wand of heavens but dirbert and paraway cannot.

i did myth drannor with pc, althon, vild, rihn, shadow, rivian. After finishing and rihn being healed but still in vault of ages i removed althon, rihn and vild. After being sent back to the bridge i allowed dirbert, aesdale and paraway to rejoin me. As soon as the last of them rejoined the screen faded, the game autosaved, some new area tried to load (like for a cutscene) then back to the bridge without seeing any cutscene. It did that over and over in a loop, trying to load some cutscene but never succeeding. When i removed rihn and vild only in the vault, then go back to selgaunt bridge, it worked fine and allowed me to dump althon without problem. So it must have been trying to load some althon related cutscene, though it didn't do so the last time at all.

#55 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:14 AM

There are problems with reputation and reaction to it. My party reached a 20 rep with althon and cathmandrus in it. right away cath leaves the group, then initiates his "why'd you kick me out, should i rejoin" dialogue, and will keep leaving, rejoining, leaving unless your rep drops magically. Althon does the same if i distract cath long enough with casting a healing spell or something. The leaving at 20 rep is understandable, but i wasn't getting any outright complaints from them that i noticed as the rep neared that level. and they didnt say "i'm leaving because you're a bunch of heroic pantywaists" they just left, then asked me why *I* kicked them out. The only way i stopped it was to shadowkeeper my rep down to 13 or so and then they stayed in the party without issue. So the leaving dialogue for too high a rep seems broken.

If your PC is good enough at heart to get a rep of 20, then why is he hanging around with evil bastards anyway? :whistling:

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#56 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

i did myth drannor with pc, althon, vild, rihn, shadow, rivian. After finishing and rihn being healed but still in vault of ages i removed althon, rihn and vild. After being sent back to the bridge i allowed dirbert, aesdale and paraway to rejoin me. As soon as the last of them rejoined the screen faded, the game autosaved, some new area tried to load (like for a cutscene) then back to the bridge without seeing any cutscene. It did that over and over in a loop, trying to load some cutscene but never succeeding. When i removed rihn and vild only in the vault, then go back to selgaunt bridge, it worked fine and allowed me to dump althon without problem. So it must have been trying to load some althon related cutscene, though it didn't do so the last time at all.

I hit the same bug a while ago; though reloading fixed it for me.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#57 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

If your PC is good enough at heart to get a rep of 20, then why is he hanging around with evil bastards anyway? :whistling:

The rep of 20 wasn't intentional, i didn't realize it was that high. After i had the cath specific encounter early on it dropped my rep way down so i did a few temple donations to get it where i wouldn't get rotten fruit thrown at me. After that i tried to pick stuff that allowed me to progress, get the goods without being too goody-goody about it. But early on it's kind of hard.

Like the lizardman/sauhagain thing. Sure, i could have picked a fight with the lizardmen but they would have murdered me quick. Those damned machine-gun throwing spears which they never actually are holding after death are impossible in great numbers so early on. i barely make it past the ones guarding the route in the swamp unless i just walk past invisible and ignore them. i don't know where the thorwing spear lizardmen came from but they're WAY tougher than the sauhagain's are. They should be able to take back their fortress on their own i think.

So i pick the "good" route because i'd rather be alive than dead. That gets a rep point. i dont know if there's an evil path at mistmoor laid out, but with cath there i didnt get the option, other than just saying no, which loses me too much xp and the chance to get rihn and myth drannor (more xp and too many good magical bits.).

So far, though i love CA, it seems like the good path is much more rewarding monetarily and magic item-wise. So unless i go around randomly killing peasants to force my rep lower, it goes up fairly fast. i think the only rep points i found that i could easily duck without any lose on my part of money or goods are the cash donations to the escaped slaves and the other donation when rescuing chaarna. Now granted, i could leave chaarna or treat her badly, but why? A bad guy would dig the new chaarna.

Hope none of the above is considered a spoiler.

#58 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

It isn't broke. It doesn't exist.

I haven't gotten around to it yet. Interesting results though. Even playing a paladin I haven't gotten my rep up that high to trigger this. I guess your donations helped get you there faster than me.

Either the wand of the heavens or dirbert and paraway are screwed up i think. archers and rangers should be able to use wand of heavens but dirbert and paraway cannot.

The wand is screwed. According to the usability, Rangers can't use it. Clerics, Druid/Fighter combos, Druids, and Monks are allowed to use it.

Another bug i forgot to mention, Paraway's wolf talisman, doesn't work as it says it should. It says 3x a day, and it has the 3 charges shown. But after using it once it's out of charges until the next day.

I can always claim he has used it twice today. :) Nah, I fixed it for the next version.

The sauhagain queen dialogue cuts out early, the button says continue but ends dialogue instead.

I keep forgetting to fix her. The problems is that she is supposed to be having a dialog with the other Sahaugin when you enter but that one always turns red and goes to the door so the dialog never works.

I hit the same bug a while ago; though reloading fixed it for me.

I can't figure out why the reload fixes the problem. I get the looping also but I have yet to figure out what is causing it.

Classic Adventures

#59 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:01 PM

It isn't broke. It doesn't exist.

I haven't gotten around to it yet. Interesting results though. Even playing a paladin I haven't gotten my rep up that high to trigger this. I guess your donations helped get you there faster than me.

The wand is screwed. According to the usability, Rangers can't use it. Clerics, Druid/Fighter combos, Druids, and Monks are allowed to use it.

The wands in-game description is wrong then, because it says it's not usable by fighters, mages, bards and thieves. i guess i never noticed the screw-up in the straight BG2 game. i just thought something might've gotten messed up in the cre files or kit descriptions in CA. Ah well, definitely seems like anyone who can cast priest spells ought to be able to use them. :)

Really seems odd i'm the only one to get to a 20 rep so far, i think i just donated my way from disliked back up to average or something, after losing 6 points in that cath encounter with the FF mercs. i think i was sitting around 10 or 12, lost 6, then donated it back to around 10 or 11. After that i was just playing through, and didn't notice my rep getting so high. Actually it's a bit amusing having guys leave because i'm too good then asking why i dumped them. hehe. i'll just need to keep a closer eye on my rep for now.

#60 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:13 AM

Well, if I know it correctly, the description and usability comes from the original game, where the Fighter is classified as an over class for Ranger+kits-Paladin+kits-Fighter+kits-and-Barbarian, and if the usability is not described to be had, well, it's for all of the classes unless other measures are taken.

Really seems odd i'm the only one to get to a 20 rep so far, i think i just donated my way from disliked back up to average or something, after losing 6 points in that cath encounter with the FF mercs. i think i was sitting around 10 or 12, lost 6, then donated it back to around 10 or 11. After that i was just playing through, and didn't notice my rep getting so high. Actually it's a bit amusing having guys leave because i'm too good then asking why i dumped them. hehe. i'll just need to keep a closer eye on my rep for now.

Solar's Harper had that earlier, and he too made too many donations... and from 10 to 12, you'll loose only 5 points, as I did too-oo-oo. Now why in the Unheaven would you wish to donate if you are evil?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.