Sunless citadel - locked secret door?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 --Gore Screaming Show--

--Gore Screaming Show--

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:11 PM

Hi there, first time playing this mod and i got to say, so far, good work guys, been having quite a bit of fun. I just wacked everything on the citadel, except the kobolds, and there was this key that the kobold's leader gave me as a reward for bringing back the pet dragon.I used it on a locked door that was south on the same zone where the kobolds live, and found a dead end, in which Shadow detected a secret door that needs another key.My question is how to open it, since i found no more keys on the citadel.Did i miss the key, or maybe does it show up latter, and i will have to retrace back there? Thanks for any replies.

#2 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

Hi there, first time playing this mod and i got to say, so far, good work guys, been having quite a bit of fun. I just wacked everything on the citadel, except the kobolds, and there was this key that the kobold's leader gave me as a reward for bringing back the pet dragon.I used it on a locked door that was south on the same zone where the kobolds live, and found a dead end, in which Shadow detected a secret door that needs another key.My question is how to open it, since i found no more keys on the citadel.Did i miss the key, or maybe does it show up latter, and i will have to retrace back there? Thanks for any replies.

Stand up against the statue.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

Well, there are few of those statue things in CA, it usually helps if you try to open the door and then walk from the the door to the statue with just one active character.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

The dragon statue works with a range of only 10 feet or so. Guess I need to increase that...

So yea, you need to walk over to the statue and give it a second. It will then ask you a simple riddle. That opens the next door. Don't worry if you get the answer wrong, the statue will ask again in a few seconds.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website