BiG World Project (BWP) v7.0

• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#21 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:22 AM

I'm wondering if there was a specific reason to use Item Revisions armor reworkings and not Full plate and packing steel's or refinements? Can I install Full plate and Packing steel safely after everything is already done?

Well, generally the Item Revision make few adjustments to the already existing item, so the AC can move a point or two.

While the Full plate mod totally revices the whole armor system... making heavier armors easiers to to hit with bad AC, but that it takes less damage, plate armors have infact a 50%+ damage resistance. Depending on your play stile, you might wish one or the other, but with Full plate mod and plate armors and you'll definetly need a good cleric to support your.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#22 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:09 AM

Well, generally the Item Revision make few adjustments to the already existing item, so the AC can move a point or two.

While the Full plate mod totally revices the whole armor system... making heavier armors easiers to to hit with bad AC, but that it takes less damage, plate armors have infact a 50%+ damage resistance. Depending on your play stile, you might wish one or the other, but with Full plate mod and plate armors and you'll definetly need a good cleric to support your.

I just noticed that Full Plate and Packing Steel isn't listed in the BWP install.bat. I'm not sure how to add the line so that the install bat automatically installs it. Would this work:

%IFS%fullplate%S%fullplate%L%0%SK% 1 | %M%

?

#23 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hello,

After using BWS for extracting my mods .... Vildra mod didn't extracted correctly ... the files are in "BGII - SoA\Vildra" folder not in "BGII - SoA" folder and big world install.bat is blinded :P .

Edited by neutrowave, 06 May 2009 - 02:55 PM.

#24 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

@ new(Mike)

the version of " The Bigg Quest Pack " is 2.02.
when i use BWP5 OR BWP6, there isn't such error messages.

We have checked this and have not such errors, so we think this causes it:
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Region Of Terror Kit Pack
If you want to install kits, do it directly before "Level 1 NPCs" in the installation order, but you do it on your own risk, because at the moment we install no kits and it is untested.

@ Jarno

I don't think so, as the Widescreen mods WeiDU.exe should give exactly same pid value as the normal v210 WeiDU.exe .

All right, thanks for the information.

@ manwe858

I just noticed that Full Plate and Packing Steel isn't listed in the BWP install.bat. I'm not sure how to add the line so that the install bat automatically installs it. Would this work:
%IFS%fullplate%S%fullplate%L%0%SK% 1 | %M%

Unfortunately, the mod is not tested with BGT at the moment and we had not the time to test it with the whole megamod. We'll try it in the future, so I can't give you an advice, now. If you install this mod you do it on your own risk.
erik (the modauthor) has much done in case for mod compatibilities and if you want, you can help him to test his mod with BGT.

@ neutrowave

After using BWS for extracting my mods .... Vildra mod didn't extracted correctly ... the files are in "BGII - SoA\Vildra" folder not in "BGII - SoA" folder and big world install.bat is blinded

O.K. I see this mod is poor packed. All other wrong packed mods will be extracted correctly with the BWS, but Vildra is different in this case. Thanks for your information. This issue will be fixed soon.
You need only to put the files from this subfolder into the BG2 main directory before you start the Install.bat.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 06 May 2009 - 09:32 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#25 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:17 AM

Hey guys, when am i supposed to install kits if i use the big world install.bat? Can i install them after the whole installation has ended?

#26 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:32 AM

Can i install them after the whole installation has ended?

Yes.
Just make sure that if a mod that the BWP has already installed has a kit component, you won't reinstall the already installed components(so you need to skip them) or you'll destroy your install totally.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 May 2009 - 03:37 AM.

#27 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:11 AM

Hi,

I got a problem .... now I am at the point where generalized biff mod is doing his work and I opened "BGII - SoA\override" folder and there I found another "override" folder with wav's of CespyAudioV1.zip(maybe a bad unpack of BWS) ... what will it happen if those files are not recognized from that folder during game?
CespyAudioV1.zip is for this mod :
13.22. Weimer's Item Upgrade v37 [DEU/ENG]

After install is done, to solve this, I think I can move the wav's from "BGII - SoA\override\override" folder to "BGII - SoA\override" and they remain unbiffed

Edited by neutrowave, 07 May 2009 - 07:01 AM.

#28 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:17 AM

I can confirm neutrowave. The same thing exists in my install. (about the extra override inside the override)

Edit: Also in my new BWP v7 install, some characters like Gorion, Elminster, Sarevok have no portraits. Is that intended? Because i remember from my previous install that they had some awesome portraits...

Here's my Weidu: Attached File  Weidu.log   65.79K   280 downloads I think that BGT NPC Portraits v1.6
is not installed. But I don't know the reason. I have done nothing more or less than following the automated install. (tactic)

Edited by Silinde Ar-Feiniel, 07 May 2009 - 05:00 AM.

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#29 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

@ neutrowave

I got a problem .... now I am at the point where generalized biff mod is doing his work and I opened "BGII - SoA\override" folder and there I found another "override" folder with wav's of CespyAudioV1.zip(maybe a bad unpack of BWS)...

O.K., thanks for your and Silindes report about that. I've tested it, too and it is a little issue with the BWS. This issue will be fixed soon.

After install is done, to solve this, I think I can move the wav's from "BGII - SoA\override\override" folder to "BGII - SoA\override" and they remain unbiffed

Yes, this is at the moment the easiest and correct working solution.

@ Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Also in my new BWP v7 install, some characters like Gorion, Elminster, Sarevok have no portraits. Is that intended? Because i remember from my previous install that they had some awesome portraits...

Yes, this portraits adds "BGT NPC Portraits" and if you install the mod, you should have the portraits.

I think that "BGT NPC Portraits v1.6" is not installed. But I don't know the reason. I have done nothing more or less than following the automated install. (tactic)

Can you attach your "BiG World Debug.txt" and if you have the "Setup-NSCPortraits.DEBUG"? (Please pack it before attaching.)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#30 golgoth

golgoth
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

Is it possible to use the widescreen mod more than once to change the resolution i chose at the beginning of the installation or would it ruin everything?
If so, can i use it again even if i have started a new game?

#31 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:31 PM

Is it possible to use the widescreen mod more than once to change the resolution i chose at the beginning of the installation or would it ruin everything?
If so, can i use it again even if i have started a new game?

Depending on how you have set upped the game, ahh yes, but... only if it's the last mod that has been installed. Or you'll probably make a mess the whole installation process. So open the WeiDU.log with Notepad, and if you see the Widescreen mod at the very last line at the bottom, you can reset the resolution by restarting the setup-widescreen.exe and reinstall it.

#32 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:27 AM

I'm not sure where I can find BiG World Debug.txt but I found Setup-NSCPortraits.DEBUG : Attached File  SETUP_NSCPORTRAITS.rar   36.23K   262 downloads

If you could please direct me about the location of BiG World Debug.txt . I hope it hasn't dissapeared during the BiG World Clean-Up. <_<

My Deviant Art account

#33 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:57 AM

I'm not sure where I can find BiG World Debug.txt

If you could please direct me about the location of BiG World Debug.txt . I hope it hasn't dissapeared during the BiG World Clean-Up. <_<

Well, it should be in the game directory... :D

Now, from the debug log, I see this:

SETUP-BP-BALANCER.TP2 0 24 Installed
SETUP-BP-BALANCER.TP2 0 27 Installed
CONTAIN/SETUP-CONTAIN.TP2 0 10 Installed
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "NSC Portraits/TDB/Mönchs.bmp")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-NSCPORTRAITS.DEBUG to Gerri
Automatically Skipping [NPC Portraits] because of error.
Saving This Log:
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS NPC Portraits

So there could be something wrong within the mods coding, for example, the coding can might have changed, or your file isn't in the presumed directory, aka the Mönchs.bmp being in: <insert the game directory>/NSC Portraits/TDB/

#34 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:33 AM

I'm not sure where I can find BiG World Debug.txt

Well, it should be in the game directory... :D

Now, from the debug log, I see this:

SETUP-BP-BALANCER.TP2 0 24 Installed
SETUP-BP-BALANCER.TP2 0 27 Installed
CONTAIN/SETUP-CONTAIN.TP2 0 10 Installed
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "NSC Portraits/TDB/Mönchs.bmp")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-NSCPORTRAITS.DEBUG to Gerri
Automatically Skipping [NPC Portraits] because of error.
Saving This Log:
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS NPC Portraits

So there could be something wrong within the mods coding, for example, the coding can might have changed, or your file isn't in the presumed directory, aka the Mönchs.bmp being in: <insert the game directory>/NSC Portraits/TDB/

The Error should be bred by the special letter ö in the picture Mönchs.bmp (The german translation for monk...)
I have informed the author, about this problem. ;)

#35 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:32 AM

@Jarno
Thanks Jarno! :cheers: Do you mean the one in BWS directory? I cannot find such a file in BGII-SoA directory. Maybe the BiG World Clean-Up has moved it?
Anyway, in case i found the right one here it is: Attached File  BiG_World_Debug.txt   789bytes   319 downloads

@White Agnus
Thanks for your Help! :Bow: So I guess that explains the case!

My Deviant Art account

#36 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:25 AM

I cannot find such a file in BGII-SoA directory. Maybe the BiG World Clean-Up has moved it?
Anyway, in case i found the right one here it is: Attached File  BiG_World_Debug.txt   789bytes   319 downloads

yes, the BiG World Clean-Up will remove BiG_World_Debug.txt.
BiG_World_Debug.txt will be found in BGII-SoA directory.
if you want to see the BiG_World_Debug.txt,you should copy it from BGII-SoA directory to another place before you run "the BiG World Clean-Up".

#37 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

@Leomar

@ new(Mike)

~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Region Of Terror Kit Pack
If you want to install kits, do it directly before "Level 1 NPCs" in the installation order, but you do it on your own risk, because at the moment we install no kits and it is untested.

i tried to install "Region Of Terror Kit " just before "Level 1 NPCs" in the installation order,but the error message is still there.

when i tried to move " "Ding0?s Quest Pack" and "Sword Coast Stratagems" to the "BG1 RULES AND TWEAKS ",there isn't this error message.

thus i want to know what the difference that d0quest and scs is installed in the "BG1 RULES " or in the "BG2 RULES" is.

thank you very much.

#38 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

I cannot find such a file in BGII-SoA directory. Maybe the BiG World Clean-Up has moved it?

yes, the BiG World Clean-Up will remove BiG_World_Debug.txt.
BiG_World_Debug.txt will be found in BGII-SoA directory.
if you want to see the BiG_World_Debug.txt,you should copy it from BGII-SoA directory to another place before you run "the BiG World Clean-Up".

O.k., that is not the behaviour which we want of the "BiG World Clean-Up.bat". Sounds funny: We delete our own "BiG World Debug.txt". :blink: :doh: :wacko: :doh:

Until we have corrected this, please follow new(Mike)'s advice.

@ new(Mike)

thus i want to know what the difference that d0quest and scs is installed in the "BG1 RULES " or in the "BG2 RULES" is.

Sorry, I don't know, because we have not such an error. In which language do you play BG? Perhaps this is the reason. But you should go on with the installation you have now. Like Jarno and I told you before, this is not a game breaking issue.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 08 May 2009 - 10:21 PM.

- Chevalier

#39 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:58 AM

@ new(Mike)

~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Region Of Terror Kit Pack If you want to install kits, do it directly before "Level 1 NPCs" in the installation order, but you do it on your own risk, because at the moment we install no kits and it is untested.

That's probably:

If you want to install kits, do it directly before "Level 1 NPCs" NPC component in the installation order, but you do it on your own risk, because at the moment we install no kits and it is untested.

This is cause, if for example you wish to give Jaheira an RoT Kit, you need install it before you assign it to the NPC.

Recap on the way I see this all should be handled:
So you let the BWP do it's job first, and when it's done, you install any possible Kit adding mods you don't wish to use on your own PC but do wish to use on an NPC, and then you restart the setup-level1npcs.exe and skip the components that have already been installed and what's left is the NPC choices, you modify all the NPCs you wish, and then after that, you use the Kit Remover, cause you then can install Kits for your Player Character as long as you won't need to reinstall, and after that's done, you start the game.
Or actually you may wish to install the "GUI", "Widescreen" and "BGT Music" mods, but that's a choice you have to make, as you have to edit the "BiG World Install.bat" for that.

#40 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:00 AM

@Leomar

@ new(Mike)

Sorry, I don't know, because we have not such an error. In which language do you play BG? Perhaps this is the reason. But you should go on with the installation you have now. Like Jarno and I told you before, this is not a game breaking issue.

i play BG with chinese,maybe it is the reason. thank you for your advice very much.

is " BG1 Adventure Pack " compatible with bgt?

when it is released, it is said that BG1 Adventure is not currently compatible with BGT or Tutu.

according to README-bg1adventure, i can't find it is compatible with bgt.

Version 1.06
Fixed some item install errors.

Version 1.05

Included a French translation provided by Mathrim Cauthon from the D'Oghmatiques.
Fixed some errors where the item images did not appear.

Version 1.04

Had missing BAM files in the non Darkside of the Swordcoast version have now been corrected for:
Large Katana +4 "Toran El Desiade"
Katana +3, "El Tel'lerian"
Increased some of the Lore to ID on the items.
Fixed some item text

Version 1.03

Fixed Items maarow01.itm, maax1h01 and mclck01 they were not in the TP2 file thus not installed.

Version 1.02

Fixed MACBL02
MACBL01 They had a missing L in the SETUP TP2 file

Version 1.01

Fixed missing BAM file for one of the items
Fixed a Grammar error
Fixed text on arrows sold at the Ulgoths store