Photo

Haiass

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#121 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:25 AM

Had to use shadowkeeper and change his level from 2 to 3 on the variables. Nothing else worked.

#122 hawkmoon

hawkmoon
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

Bug: in SoBH, when emerging from the sewers via graveyard exit, Haiass does not follow (he stays in the sewers). Whistling doesn't help. Burned barracks exit works fine.

#123 -shagar-

-shagar-

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

Bug: in SoBH, when emerging from the sewers via graveyard exit, Haiass does not follow (he stays in the sewers). Whistling doesn't help. Burned barracks exit works fine.

This also happened to me in the very same area. The problem is that since then, Haiass doesn't follow me anymore from area to area. I've tried to kill him to collect the bone and resurrect him in a different area, but that doesn't solve the problem.

#124 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

If someone can post the area code or at least some more details on the SoBH area, that will help when I get around to looking at this. I'm not really familiar with SoBH.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#125 -pjchc-

-pjchc-

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

No haiass posting for a long time so I'll be the first.  I'm noticing that If PC or NPC in the party casts dispel magic and the dog is in range his circle will sometimes turn hostile (just like the old entangle problem).  He'll still follow and attack enemies, but you can't talk to him to have him take potions or change style.  Trying to charm him at that point doesn't work either.

#126 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

No haiass posting for a long time so I'll be the first.  I'm noticing that If PC or NPC in the party casts dispel magic and the dog is in range his circle will sometimes turn hostile (just like the old entangle problem).  He'll still follow and attack enemies, but you can't talk to him to have him take potions or change style.  Trying to charm him at that point doesn't work either.

Do you have any spell changing mods ? As in, post your weidu.log and you'll find out ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#127 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

Is this mod an orphan these days? I used it in a few BGT runs, but eventually stopped resurrecting Haiass - frankly if I was adventuring I don't think I would take my dog with me.

Anyway, as I work on my own mod and think about kits, it occurred to me that Haiass would be a great companion for a Beastmaster. Could I adapt it to work that way? Like, add a check upon first meeting him, such that he won't even approach a PC who isn't a Beastmaster? It would go from a pseudo-NPC mod to a kit-rebalancing mod (Haiass would replace the ridiculous Find Familiar ability.)

I don't figure it would be kosher to distribute it in such an altered form, but it would be nice to know whether I could adapt it in this way in my own game. Thanks for listening.

#128 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

Is this mod an orphan these days?
Well, dreamer2007 was Last Active Jun 18 2014 07:23 PM... so I wouldnät actually say that it's totally abandoned...
I don't figure it would be kosher to distribute it in such an altered form, but it would be nice to know whether I could adapt it in this way in my own game.
Well, the adapting depends only on your moding ability, and your understanding of the .tp2 file(the notes are not in English), nothing else.
One way to partially do this it to make the script that summons Haiss to check if the players kit is the one you thing it is. Now the problem with that is that you need to install that component near the very end of the install(or edit the already existing .bcs files after you have installed all the mods), as some of the mods mess up the kit.ids system quite badly, and with that you might get a bad script that checks who knows what. Like the bird count of the month...

So basically open the .baf file, edit it from this;
IF
THEN ...
To be this;
IF
Kit([PC],BEASTMASTER) 
THEN ...
Make note that you'll have to find out yourself what those "..." in the summon scripts are...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#129 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

Okay. Assuming I can find the .baf file, that sounds like something I can manage. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

#130 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

III. ON FIRST MEETINGS AND LEVEL INCREASES

- If you start from BG1, you'll find Haiass for the first time in the inn in Candlekeep.
- If you start from SoA, you'll find on the promenade of Waukeen's Promenade.
- If you start from ToB you may call him from your planar sphere.
- In the current version there are not yet any quests or banters with NPCs included.
- Haiass can rise up to 6 levels throughout BGT (4 increases only if you play BG2; 2 in Tutu). Level increases will occur while passing with Haiass through the following locations (make sure Haiass is NOT INVISIBLE while passing through these points):
Lvl 2: Nashkel Bridge
Lvl 3: Baldur's Gate Bridge (Wyrm's Crossing)
Lvl 4: Valley Mines, next to the house of the pastor
Lvl 5: Suldanessalar, one of the bridges
Lvl 6: Nalia's Keep
Lvl 7: Balthazar's Monastery
- As of v2.1, Haiass should follow the PC through all areas regardless of which mods are installed. If you find any areas where Haiass does not appear, please let us know so we can include them in future releases.

Lvl 4: Valley Mines, next to the house of the pastor?  :huh:  :blink:  :wacko:

Never ever even remotely heard of something like that. What is it, where is it?  :mellow:

#131 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

- If you start from BG1, you'll find Haiass for the first time in the inn in Candlekeep.
- In the current version there are not yet any quests or banters with NPCs included.
- Haiass can rise up to 6 levels throughout BGT (4 increases only if you play BG2; 2 in Tutu). Level increases will occur while passing with Haiass through the following locations (make sure Haiass is NOT INVISIBLE while passing through these points):
- As of v2.1, Haiass should follow the PC through all areas regardless of which mods are installed. If you find any areas where Haiass does not appear, please let us know so we can include them in future releases.

Never ever even remotely heard of something like that. What is it, where is it?  :mellow:

This information is long outdated (it was not even correct for the original) since the orphaned mod has been adopted since then, see Big World manual:

*SandrahNPC and RTF should be installed after Haiass the Wolf because the mod adds improvements and additional contents to Haiass.*

Also his messed ressurection script has been modified, since Sandrah is a healer with the abilities to take care of an injured animal.

Since Sandrah also adds a large number of new areas, the original mod has been expanded to include all new areas from any mod installed prior to that mod.

The old problem of the wolf getting hostile under certain spells has also been corrected.

The wolf plays a role in the Bhaalspawn story now as well.

Edited by Roxanne, 27 January 2016 - 02:16 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#132 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:24 PM

This information is long outdated (it was not even correct for the original) since the orphaned mod has been adopted since then, see Big World manual:

*SandrahNPC and RTF should be installed after Haiass the Wolf because the mod adds improvements and additional contents to Haiass.*

Also his messed ressurection script has been modified, since Sandrah is a healer with the abilities to take care of an injured animal.

Since Sandrah also adds a large number of new areas, the original mod has been expanded to include all new areas from any mod installed prior to that mod.

The old problem of the wolf getting hostile under certain spells has also been corrected.

Yes, i found it, also read v2.3 readme ( same cryptic message about Valley Mines   :) ). Great that you incorporated him, I hope you included correct level up info in your readme, If not, care to share some hints about that level 4 leveling, of course if you remember.  :)

Edited by Greenhorn, 27 January 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#133 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

Yes, i found it, also read v2.3 readme ( same cryptic message  :) ). Great that you incorporated him, I hope you included correct level up info in your readme, If not, care to share some hints about that level 4 leveling, of course if you remember.  :)

There is a difference - as you know Sandrah is BGT only and continuous - The whole scheme is only applicable for the original mod that could have BG1 and BG2 parts. Just for example, the level 4 is automatic when you come out of Irenicus dungeon and Haiass awaits you outside (they did not care to hijack your wolf), also the higher levels only apply for the RtF part after ToB to avoid an overpowered companion that could kill some of the ToB Bhaalspawns alone.

Edited by Roxanne, 27 January 2016 - 02:35 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#134 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

Wow, that sounds very interesting, you definitely intrigued me with this. (  also the higher levels only apply for the RtF part after ToB to avoid an overpowered companion that could kill some of the ToB Bhaalspawns alone.) "Who is my doggie, who is my big bad wolf. Here, have a dog cookie"  :ROFL: Thanks for hints Roxanne.  :)

#135 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:45 AM

Haiass not appearing on map AR4300, Fire Leaf Forest

BGT, BWP, no Sandrah

Attached Files

• Attached File  WeiDU.7z   29.5K   209 downloads

#136 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:59 AM

Haiass not appearing on map AR4300, Fire Leaf Forest

BGT, BWP, no Sandrah

This is due to a mistake made by NTotSC in ar4300.bcs - a code block that disables all following code. Corrected in Sandrah but not in original Haiass. Either of those two blocks from NTotSC triggers always and Haiass appearance in the blocks thereafter does never trigger.

If you insert the green lines into the respective ar4300.bcs you will solve the problem - other solution would be to move the code blocks concerning Haiass in this bcs above that code below,

IF
    GlobalLT("TalkedToOupaste","Global",1)

Global("CaveOpen","ar4300",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        TriggerActivation("Tran80PB",FALSE)

SetGlobal("CaveOpen","ar4300",1)
END

IF
    Global("TalkedToOupaste","Global",1)

Global("CaveOpen","ar4300",1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("CaveOpen","ar4300",2)
        TriggerActivation("Tran80PB",TRUE)
END

If you use BGEE you find the same mistake in another code block from beandog, this has been reported to the devs.

Edited by Roxanne, 28 January 2016 - 02:01 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#137 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:37 AM

If you insert the green lines into the respective ar4300.bcs you will solve the problem - other solution would be to move the code blocks concerning Haiass in this bcs above that code below,

Thank you very much Roxanne!  I fired up NI, tossed your code in, and the wolf now appears on the map.  Thanks!

#138 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:53 AM

BWPFixpack'd - note the blocks in question are added by the NTotSC v171 patch

Edited by agb1, 28 January 2016 - 11:54 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#139 Henanigan

Henanigan
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 06:00 AM

Hi,

I've updated the Haiass mod to work with EET. Changes include:

– tp2 file updated for EE support (BGEE / BG2EE / EET), including GAME_IS checks for stability (e.g. the old file check for ar4000.bcs may not work as expected with a modded BGEE install, as other mods [e.g. Dark Horizons] may add this script)
– cpmvars added for BG areas; previously, a few cpmvars were set, but never actually used; instead, near duplicates of scripts were implemented (and some of these near duplicates have been retained for other reasons; basically, this is because standard cpmvars are intended to make BG areas compatible with BG2, not the other way round; but this mod is intended to work in standalone BGEE and standalone BG2EE and combinations such as BGT or EET)
– for EE: workaround added for area transition bug where protagonist and Haiass may stop responding due to spawning at the same coordinates
– for all versions: BWFixPack patch incorporated (jugue.baf)
– language folders rearranged to avoid some clutter (cosmetic)
– long-standing translation error corrected in English readme ("Valley Mines, next to the house of the pastor" should read "Imnesvale, next to the house of the minister")
– UTF-8 support added using HANDLE_CHARSETS; also, TRA files updated for EE (usability section; 'setup' / 'game' split)
– chapter 1 cutscene updated: Haiass now tags along as expected when you leave Candlekeep, but gets distracted by a squirrel in the woods (which saves his life); this is part continuity fix, part bug fix for area transition from this cutscene (made for EE; tested to work with the old engine as well, but widescreen may be needed to actually see much?)

The updated version may be made available in future.

Edited by Henanigan, 16 March 2020 - 02:14 PM.

#140 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for your work on this mod, Henanigan.