Haiass

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#101 Ieldra

Ieldra
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:20 AM

I have a bug with Haiass:

When I try to resurrect him, the game crashes. But not always. It usually functions two or three, maybe even five times, then the next time *poof* -> game end. It's not tied to the Vampiric Wolf transformation, since I got that two or three times "successfully". Also, if I reload the save after a crash and try again immediately, the game *always* crashes again, but if I play on and try some time later, it may work again. Or not.

Any insight into this?

This is a BWP installation with almost all of the Tactical mods installed, as well as two or three of the Expert group.

Edited by Ieldra, 13 August 2010 - 03:21 AM.

#102 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

How do i raise haiass? i have been to the temple and cannot see how i do it?

#103 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

How do i raise haiass? i have been to the temple and cannot see how i do it?

With the dog bone, if I remember anything about the test I made back in the day. The bone should be left behind if Haiass gets it good(aka, dies).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#104 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

So i cannot ressurect him? is that what you are saying? I have the bone and have identified it.

Edited by dmxdex, 18 August 2010 - 09:33 AM.

#105 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

So i cannot ressurect him? is that what you are saying? I have the bone and have identified it.

Well, look at the bone(the identified description), you need to have a Cleric or a Druid that is able to use it(or any multi-class of them, as long as it doesn't have a barbarian heritage)... in the belt slot(just like any potion, scrolls etc misc items).

Yey, let's screw up another test install for this...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#106 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:48 AM

Does haiass give you away when you are a thief hiding in the shadows? Can i make him stay still he just follows me all the time. Sometimes i dont want him too.

I think you can tell him to "stay" (as you would a dog) via initiated dialogue, but it's been a while since I've tested this.

I have a bug with Haiass:

When I try to resurrect him, the game crashes. But not always. It usually functions two or three, maybe even five times, then the next time *poof* -> game end. It's not tied to the Vampiric Wolf transformation, since I got that two or three times "successfully". Also, if I reload the save after a crash and try again immediately, the game *always* crashes again, but if I play on and try some time later, it may work again. Or not.

I'd think someone (*cough* *Jarno* *cough*) could've said this, but as with any crash, post the contents of your baldur.err file. Offhand, I can't think of anything that would cause an erratic crash unless some spell mod messed with the resurrect spell animations or something.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#107 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

Would it be related to this block in HAIASS.bcs??

Yes, it should probably be EVILCUTOFF instead (i.e. non-party members). I didn't touch the script, or even look at it closely :P.

Edit: and actually, he shouldn't go Enemy() either, which makes him hostile to the PC, but attack the LastAttackerOf(). I suppose maybe he could yelp or bark if he's attacked by the party, unless he's attacked several times, at which point, being a wolf, he would probably bite.

Just fiddling around with this to get the script working on my PC, as it doesn't look like it ever got patched. I'm not much of a IE scripter though. As was mentioned back in April, this is the bit that's causing the problem.

IF
        AttackedBy([GOODCUTOFF],DEFAULT)
        !Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
        RESPONSE #100
                Enemy()
END

From what Miloch said regarding that, I've changed it to

IF
  AttackedBy([EVILCUTOFF],DEFAULT)
  !Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    AttackReevaluate(LastAttackerOf(Myself),30)
END

Will that have the desired effect of stopping him attacking the party, or is it all going to go horribly wrong in a different way?

Very cool mod, btw. I love my new wolfie pal!

Edited by Arkenor, 08 September 2010 - 09:42 AM.

Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#108 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Will that have the desired effect of stopping him attacking the party, or is it all going to go horribly wrong in a different way?

It should work, though you don't even really need the ENEMY check. If by some rare chance he's an enemy to the party and the party's enemy attacked him, you think he'd still go after the latter first.

I suppose I should update this mod, sigh. There's this script, a Russian translation and a check to see if you can have him wait for you (which I think is already in). The resurrection thing just seems to be user error (it works if you do it correctly). If there's anything else buried up in this thread or elsewhere, I'd appreciate letting me know.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#109 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:24 PM

I suppose I should update this mod, sigh. There's this script, a Russian translation and a check to see if you can have him wait for you (which I think is already in). The resurrection thing just seems to be user error (it works if you do it correctly).

For an update please use new updated russian tra.

Edited by prowler, 23 September 2010 - 10:47 AM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#110 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:05 AM

For an update please use new updated russian tra.

Ok, but can you translate the actual readme (which isn't long)? The Readme-rus.txt is only 4 lines of text or so. I guess I could link it anyway (the README %language% command needs something to link to), but it seems like more of an advertisement for your modding community than a description of the mod (Not that I can read DOS-based or any other form of Russian :P).

Edit: Also, the new setup.tra still contains English strings, but the old one does not... are you sure you got them right?

There's ... a check to see if you can have him wait for you (which I think is already in).

This must also be in there already, since there is this line in the .tra:

@23 = ~Haiass, I want you to remain here patiently. I will return for you.~

And also, you might be able to get him to sneak by using this:

@30 = ~I want you to hide as soon as you see enemies.~

Though I have not really tested that - has anyone? I could also set it so the wolf auto-sneaks if the PC does so. (Wolves ought to be able to sneak since they can stalk deer and such well enough, no?)

Anyway, I guess I will just be adding these two items to the readme (need translated into German and French):

- Revised Haiass's script
- Added Russian translation

Edited by Miloch, 22 September 2010 - 02:42 AM.

#111 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

Miloch, all work is done. Russian readme translated + translation of mod. Please, use this archive.
As for some lines in English, don't bother. It's component's names. We prefer english weidu.log - so it's better to recieve feedback when problem appearing. With russian weidu log only a few people can help. But with english weidu log - all shs can help :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by prowler, 23 September 2010 - 08:48 AM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#112 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:04 AM

Well I haven't heard back from Immortality, but I'll attach the new version here for now. She can just upload it (here) when she gets to it.

2.3 - Revised Haiass's script
- Added Russian translation by Arcanecoast.ru

Haiass will now also auto-sneak when the main character is hidden/invis. I figure a good hunting dog should be at least able to do that (stalking its prey, as it were).

The wolf shouldn't turn hostile if hit by the party either. It might bite whoever hit it, but usually it'll just growl or run off a bit and whine ;). Of course, it could still get charmed by an enemy and used against the party potentially - didn't change that.

Attached File  haiass_v2_3.7z   599.09K   1134 downloads

#113 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

Thank you for the update! :cheers:

I modified the first post to mention this update.

Edited by dreamer2007, 24 September 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#114 -Tristantio-

-Tristantio-

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

This mod becomes unplayable on Linux due to stuttering issues when bags are held and the initial Haiass encounter/script has occurred.

To test, load up in Wine and CLUAConsole in a few bags of any type, then enter the room in Candlekeep to talk to Haiass. Even if he is told to leave, the stutter issue will persist.

#115 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

I'm not in a position to test (and probably won't be for some time, particularly not on Wine) but why does it work on Windows but not Wine? Are you using just Haiass or any other mod?

I doubt this is Haiass alone but any mod that uses the PartyHasItem() trigger, because it checks all bags. And a whole lot of mods use that - try grepping all the .d and .baf files in your mod folder for the trigger and you'll see what I mean. So I imagine the same test with any such mod would return the same results. It could be recoded (rather clumsily) to avoid checking bags, but I wouldn't want to overhaul that without more testing.

Edit: tack Generalised Biffing onto your install if you haven't - most folks report this goes away or diminishes at least with biffing.

Edited by Miloch, 07 September 2011 - 10:37 AM.

#116 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Some freakiness going on here :D

Also, while looking at that, I noticed something that might cause... things :unsure:

HAI1.BAF:
IF
  See("Haiass")
  OR(2)
    Global("HaiassLevel","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("HaiassLevel","GLOBAL",2)
  AreaCheck("AR7900")
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    ClearAllActions()
    StartCutSceneMode()
    StartCutScene("hai3")
    SetGlobal("HaiassLevel","GLOBAL",3)
    EscapeAreaNoSee()
END
... so if that script fires Haiass becomes lvl3 if she gets to AR7900 irrespective of whether she's lvl1 or 2 :D
and JUGUE.baf:
IF
  See(Protagonist)
  NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
  Global("HaiassLevel","GLOBAL",3)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    MakeGlobal()
    SetGlobal("HaiassSeUne","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobal("HaiassQuieto","GLOBAL",0)
    SetGlobal("HaiassJumpOn","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobal("HaiassDesdeBg","GLOBAL",0)
    Dialogue(Protagonist)
    TakePartyItem("jugue2")
    DestroyItem("jugue2") 
    TakePartyItem("jugue3")
    DestroyItem("jugue3") 
    GiveItemCreate("jugue3",Player1,0,0,0)
END
... just the script that gives CHARNAME the chewtoy for her current level :P Everything fine...

... except notice how it doesn't TakePartyItem("JUGUE1") <- Haiass' lvl1 Chewtoy :o

So, to summarize, in the extremely improbable case that someone manages to get a lvl1 Haiass to AR7900, they get a lvl3 Haiass - but the lvl1 chewtoy still remains in the inventory along with the lvl3 chewtoy! 1 slot less for imba itamz :crying: (the script pattern is similar for lvls 3, 4 & 5)

Checks for all the bottom level JUGUE.ITMs in those GiveItemCreate blocks in JUGUE.baf should help I guess :P

Edited by Lollorian, 21 October 2011 - 09:08 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#117 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

So... you should be able to fix it, eh? :P My mod maintenance time is virtually nil lately (especially for other people's mods, though I make exceptions when I do find time...)

#118 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

I haven't tested this but I guess it should work... theoretically :shifty: Attaching it here as well...

Btw, any clue what's happening in the other thread I linked in my last post? :P Can they fire simultaneously even?

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#119 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hi, I missed a point when Haiass should get another stage. ( Stage 3 ). I think he was dead or invisible at the time. How to fix ot ?
Tx

#120 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

If he was dead, you have to resurrect him by means of the bone. Invisibility shouldn't matter (but if it does, let me know). I think the readme file has the locations where you take him through to level him up. So just take him through again, alive preferably.

Edit: eh, probably missed your last post Lollorian - let me know if it's still an issue :P.

Edited by Miloch, 28 December 2011 - 10:01 PM.