• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#81 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:53 PM

Haiass 2.2 is available from the usual spot. It still says 2.1 in the title there but the Download button links to the 2.2 version.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#82 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:53 PM

Fixed title for you. :)

#83 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:08 AM

A rather minor problem (actually inconvenience :P)

In my game, Haiass got murgalized by an Ogre Mage in one of the random in-between-area fights near the Gnoll Stronghold. I forgot to pick up the bone and now, I think I don't have a way to rez me doggy!!! :crying:

(Of course, I could just CLUA in the bone, but I just wanted to make sure if there was still an in-game way of dealing with such a situation)

EDIT: I managed to get another fight in the same random fight area ,,, and Haiass' body (with bone et all) was still there. Although I managed to get the bone back legitimately, I can't seem to shake the feeling that something's quite not right :P

Thanks,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 26 September 2009 - 06:31 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#84 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

Well, yes... you need the bone to resurrect him, just as you'd need the body to resurrect an NPC.

And those random encounter areas are areas like any other, so you can CLUA to them too. See the last few entries in the IESDP or the Tutu/BGT list in my signature (if it ever gets back online).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#85 Quester

Quester
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

I have a problem with Haiass in that he goes hostile when hit by my Entangle spell...is that an intentional behavior? It's kind of frustrating.

#86 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:19 PM

I have a problem with Haiass in that he goes hostile when hit by my Entangle spell...is that an intentional behavior? It's kind of frustrating.

I don't think it's intentional or unintentional (at least I don't see anything in the code that specifically makes it happen). The only mod I can see that changes Entangle to a "hostile" spell is Spell Revisions, so I'd suggest uninstalling that mod. (It sucks anyway :P @ Demivrgvs & Mike1072 :devil:.)

One thing you could check I guess is if it happens with other summoned/controlled creatures, and also if it happens with other area-effect spells like Web etc. I think it would be quite cheesy to give a (mostly) normal wolf a Free Action effect just to accommodate mods like SR. I can see it being sure-footed but probably not entirely immune to entanglement, webs, etc.

#87 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

it doesn't seem to happen with other summons, or green/cyan circled NPCs. I tried a number of other AoE spells (entangle, grease, web, stinking cloud) and all turned him hostile. It's pretty frustrating, because he doesn't seem to obey the same rules that a genuine party member would when it comes to AoE spells. They will happily run right into a cloudkill or web, and won't turn on you if you clip them with a Fireball (although if they're using a BP party AI script, they will yell things like "Why are you doing this to me?" and "I thought we were friends!", which I can't help but chuckle at every time I see it). But if Haiass gets so much as a bit or grease on his paw or a whiff of a stinky gas cloud, you're gonna have to old-yeller his ass, because you've just awakened a hate so deep that can only be rectified by his death or yours.

I do use Spell Revisions, but as none of the other NPCs/creatures seem to share his unyielding hatred of it's AoE spells, I'm inclined to think Haiass is just a fickle beast (his reaction flag, perhaps).

Edited by AndrewB, 02 April 2010 - 08:45 AM.

BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#88 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

Would it be related to this block in HAIASS.bcs?? :unsure:
IF
	AttackedBy([GOODCUTOFF],DEFAULT)
	!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Enemy()
END

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#89 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

Would it be related to this block in HAIASS.bcs??

Yes, it should probably be EVILCUTOFF instead (i.e. non-party members). I didn't touch the script, or even look at it closely :P.

Edit: and actually, he shouldn't go Enemy() either, which makes him hostile to the PC, but attack the LastAttackerOf(). I suppose maybe he could yelp or bark if he's attacked by the party, unless he's attacked several times, at which point, being a wolf, he would probably bite.

Edited by Miloch, 02 April 2010 - 10:54 AM.

#90 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

Would it be related to this block in HAIASS.bcs??

Yes, it should probably be EVILCUTOFF instead (i.e. non-party members)

But won't Edwin or Korgan trip that script?? :unsure: cause they're evil and stuffz :P

Anyway, who Haiass attacks seems to be controlled by these blocks ...
IF
  AttackedBy([0],DEFAULT)
  Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",2)

THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    AttackReevaluate(LastAttackerOf(Myself),30)
END

IF
  Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",3)
  Global("HaiassQuieto","GLOBAL",0)
  OR(4)
    See(NearestEnemyOfType([0.GENERAL_ITEM.0.MAGE_ALL]))
    See(NearestEnemyOfType([0.GENERAL_ITEM.0.CLERIC_ALL]))
    See(NearestEnemyOfType([0.GENERAL_ITEM.0.DRUID_ALL]))
    See(NearestEnemyOfType([0.GENERAL_ITEM.0.BARD_ALL]))
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    AttackReevaluate(LastSeenBy(Myself),30)
END

IF
  See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
  Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",3)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    AttackReevaluate(Nearestenemyof(Myself),30)
END

IF
  SEE(Protagonist)
  Exists(LastAttackerOf(Protagonist))
  Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",4)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    AttackReevaluate(LastAttackerOf(Protagonist),60)
END

IF
  AttackedBy([0],DEFAULT)
  Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",4)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
END

IF
  AttackedBy([0],DEFAULT)
  !Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",4)
  !Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",3)
  !Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",2)
  !Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
END

IF
  See(NearestEnemyOf(Protagonist))
  !Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",4)
  !Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",3)
  !Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",2)
  !Global("HaiassTactica","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    AttackReevaluate(NearestEnemyOf(Protagonist),30)
END
... all this from haiass\scripts\haiass.baf btw :P

I suppose maybe he could yelp or bark if he's attacked by the party, unless he's attacked several times, at which point, being a wolf, he would probably bite.

That's a banzai idea!! :coolthumb:

Edited by Lollorian, 02 April 2010 - 06:01 PM.

#91 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:31 AM

I do wish there were a way to make that aggressive reaction dependant on actual damage. Would make it considerably less annoying.
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#92 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:56 AM

But won't Edwin or Korgan trip that script?? :unsure: cause they're evil and stuffz :P

Not unless you're fighting them. EVILCUTOFF doesn't mean "evil" - it means generally anyone hostile to the party, whereas GOODCUTOFF is basically anyone in or controlled by the party (even if they're evil).

Well yes, I do have a copy of the mod :P.

I suppose maybe he could yelp or bark if he's attacked by the party, unless he's attacked several times, at which point, being a wolf, he would probably bite.

Maybe I should get my dog to voice him, rofl.

#93 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

Not unless you're fighting them. EVILCUTOFF doesn't mean "evil" - it means generally anyone hostile to the party, whereas GOODCUTOFF is basically anyone in or controlled by the party (even if they're evil).

Ohhh, thank you!! :D What about the cyan-not-in-party-but still-not-enemy guys?? :P

Well yes, I do have a copy of the mod :P.

Ya can never be sure ;)

Maybe I should get my dog to voice him, rofl.

Else, use the ResReq forums!!! :P

#94 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

What about the cyan-not-in-party-but still-not-enemy guys??

Probably EVILBUTBLUE - see ea.ids. EVILCUTOFF includes that and everything else below the cutoff, as GOODCUTOFF covers everything above it.

Else, use the ResReq forums!!!

Too much work :P. It already uses mwlf.2da for its sounds I believe, so might as well stick with those. Plus I don't really want to have to get stuff like "Aroo!" and "Arf!" translated into 4 different languages <_<.

#95 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:28 AM

What about the cyan-not-in-party-but still-not-enemy guys??

Probably EVILBUTBLUE - see ea.ids. EVILCUTOFF includes that and everything else below the cutoff, as GOODCUTOFF covers everything above it.

Thanks for the tidbit :) (not like I'm gonna start scripting stuff or anything, but still ... good to know :P)

Plus I don't really want to have to get stuff like "Aroo!" and "Arf!" translated into 4 different languages <_<.

We also need crossmod content with Moddie the wolf and Skooter the dog!!! :D

#96 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:00 AM

Miloch, russian translation is ready.
Translated by Austin.

Please update :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by prowler, 25 May 2010 - 11:15 AM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#97 -Lady mooni-

-Lady mooni-

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:48 AM

Hello,

I do have a problem with ressurectin Haiass... it just won't work. I did ask all priests I could find and tried the 'Raise deads' by myself (got a Paladin). But there is still just the bone. I couldn't find an answer anywhere else, so I hope you can help me.

I installed the Taktc-Version with the Big World Programm.

Thank you!

#98 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:46 AM

Miloch, russian translation is ready.
Translated by Austin.

Please update :cheers:

Ok, I will try to update it in a few days since I had some other changes I'll have to look at. I'll have to run it through Immortality though, since it is a Clan DLAN mod, not mine.

I do have a problem with ressurectin Haiass... it just won't work. I did ask all priests I could find and tried the 'Raise deads' by myself (got a Paladin).

You have to get an actual priest (cleric, druid or multiclass) to join the party so they can actually "use" the bone in the Use Item slot (in theory a thief with Use Any Item could do it too, dunno). I suppose I could allow paladins to use the bone, but there is no way by usability flags alone I could make sure only high-level paladins could use it. (Edit: nm, I guess I could do that, but it would be a level requirement for priests as well...)

Edited by Miloch, 27 May 2010 - 05:16 AM.

#99 -Lady mooni-

-Lady mooni-

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:09 AM

Thank you very much for the fastanswer!

It worked now!

#100 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

Does haiass give you away when you are a thief hiding in the shadows? Can i make him stay still he just follows me all the time. Sometimes i dont want him too.

Edited by dmxdex, 01 August 2010 - 12:39 PM.