• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

What's the reason for all these bragging about permissions and years since that was done by someone? None of you who were having this bug-free CoM Adventures for years cared to share it with the rest of us after all, while Headbanger did.

No one was bragging or saying there was a bug-free version - quite the contrary. Nor was I saying he needed permission (again, quite the contrary if you read my post).

What I did say is that it is confusing to the average player to have multiple versions of mods floating around and to have to decide which to use. For that matter, even an expert player or modder would have a tough time going through all the different code to figure that out. That is one reason we didn't do a shotgun release of our initial conversions. There are multiple versions already just on CoM alone to account for (regular and DS-compatible versions to start with).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#22 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

Well, on my part, I can say that had he done as I think I was instructing him.... he would have permission to replace the downloading links in CoM, so everyone could use it, not just us the SHS/megamoders.

In this case, accept my apologies, I misunderstood you. :)

What I did say is that it is confusing to the average player to have multiple versions of mods floating around and to have to decide which to use. For that matter, even an expert player or modder would have a tough time going through all the different code to figure that out. That is one reason we didn't do a shotgun release of our initial conversions. There are multiple versions already just on CoM alone to account for (regular and DS-compatible versions to start with).

Now I see constructive points in yours & Jarno Mikkola's posts, while original posts were appearing to me as rather hostile ones. Perhaps it was just me, in which case I definitely owe an apology for both of you, or perhaps it was worthy to be more constructive from the start. In any case, it's good everything is clear now. :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#23 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

Perhaps it was just me, in which case I definitely owe an apology for both of you, or perhaps it was worthy to be more constructive from the start.

No problem. You should know I'm on your side, Creepin... I made sure erebusant incorporated your work on the Vault or at least reviewed it, for precisely the same reasons I gave above - so that it didn't go to waste, so that people weren't trying to reinvent the wheel doing what others had already done, and so we didn't end up with multiple versions floating around and folks wondering which was which. And that did happen anyway, because we ended up with J. Clue's v4 and v5, your v4r and v5r, erebusant's version/Vault4BGT etc., though hopefully that's been resolved by now :blink:.

(And as far as "permissions" for ages folks said people couldn't touch the Vault because the author couldn't be contacted, and I said sure they can, there's no license against it, and for that matter J. Clue mentioned appreciation for Creepin's work on his own website, so what was the problem?)

In Headbanger's defense, his code seems fairly solid, and is probably somewhat of an improvement over White Angus (Agnus?)'s conversion of Dark Horizons in that Headbanger's uses scripting to replace items rather than tp2 code. The advantage of this is that you don't have to start a new game if you've already visited the areas, unless you've nabbed the items already. I suppose it isn't much of an advantage though, and there are probably arguments for the other approach (tp2 coding).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#24 Headbanger

Headbanger
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

Perhaps it was just me, in which case I definitely owe an apology for both of you, or perhaps it was worthy to be more constructive from the start.

No problem. You should know I'm on your side, Creepin... I made sure erebusant incorporated your work on the Vault or at least reviewed it, for precisely the same reasons I gave above - so that it didn't go to waste, so that people weren't trying to reinvent the wheel doing what others had already done, and so we didn't end up with multiple versions floating around and folks wondering which was which. And that did happen anyway, because we ended up with J. Clue's v4 and v5, your v4r and v5r, erebusant's version/Vault4BGT etc., though hopefully that's been resolved by now :blink:.

(And as far as "permissions" for ages folks said people couldn't touch the Vault because the author couldn't be contacted, and I said sure they can, there's no license against it, and for that matter J. Clue mentioned appreciation for Creepin's work on his own website, so what was the problem?)

In Headbanger's defense, his code seems fairly solid, and is probably somewhat of an improvement over White Angus (Agnus?)'s conversion of Dark Horizons in that Headbanger's uses scripting to replace items rather than tp2 code. The advantage of this is that you don't have to start a new game if you've already visited the areas, unless you've nabbed the items already. I suppose it isn't much of an advantage though, and there are probably arguments for the other approach (tp2 coding).

I actually did a conversion of the vault too (based on v4t and v5r), but my version was lost along with the CoMForge and BG1Adventure mods I did before when my computer was stollen last year.

I am sorry if I created some problem. I would be willing to talk to the proper chain of command if people think my version has enough merit.
I did the German translation on my own.

Headbanger

#25 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:28 AM

I actually did a conversion of the vault too (based on v4t and v5r), but my version was lost along with the CoMForge and BG1Adventure mods I did before when my computer was stollen last year.

I am sorry if I created some problem. I would be willing to talk to the proper chain of command if people think my version has enough merit.
I did the German translation on my own.

Headbanger

No, not you have created some problems. We started with all of that. :unsure:

And our mistake was, not to try to talk to someone before we done a BGT conversation. I think the key lies in communication and that is what we want to do more, now.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 31 May 2009 - 02:29 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#26 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

There's another pretty unpleasant issue with current version of BWPified BG1Adventure. Leomar is aware of it and it wouldn't hopefully be relevant in future versions of BWP as BG1Adventure is going to be replaced by Dark Horizons, but for those who are currently playing BWP with BG1Adventure installed (like me) this might be important.

Due to few typos in a BWFixpack code responsible to converting BG1Adventure from plain BG1 to BGT naming convention there was few original files of said mod mistakenly placed in BWP override folder, which broke several indoor areas at Bridge District. Since there's part of Thieves Guild main plot occuring in one of these areas as well as content of several mods (Luxley, Undying, Fade, Assassinations) it would be rather nice idea to fix these areas. To do so locally you must extract 3 correct .are files from your clean install of BG2 (ar0511.are, ar0512.are, ar0513.are) and drop 'em into your BW override folder. That should fix main issue.

I have had some mod content missing from these areas' scripts also so I rebuild scripts for this areas manually, but I'm not sure if it's because of the same issue, not to mention it's much less important, as you could miss some mod content but definetely wouldn't encounter any game-breaking bug because of this.

#27 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

Is it perhaps safe to install adventures only with store, without harder enemies?

#28 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

Is it perhaps safe to install adventures only with store, without harder enemies?

I don't think it's 100% safe as it will overwrite BG1 stores instead of adding to them. However, I'm sure there shouldn't be any gamebreaking bugs because of this, you just risk losing some stuff that was put in these stores by previously installed mods.

On the other hand, you might try out Dark Horizons instead of BG1Adventure & BG1Forge mods, there's link to it in one of previous posts in this thread, as well as proposed install order.

Edited by Creepin, 02 June 2009 - 03:57 PM.

#29 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

Thanks on your answer and suggestion Creepin, I will probably try it. But about BG1 Adventure: what other stores does it overwright? :mellow: I played this mod and Forge on old BG1 with weidu DTotSC
and if I remember correctly all it does without harder enemies component is add some dwarf with some
nifty items in the Burning wizard inn in Beregost. On the other hand I could be wrong, it was long ago...

#30 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

Thanks on your answer and suggestion Creepin, I will probably try it. But about BG1 Adventure: what other stores does it overwright? :mellow: I played this mod and Forge on old BG1 with weidu DTotSC
and if I remember correctly all it does without harder enemies component is add some dwarf with some
nifty items in the Burning wizard inn in Beregost. On the other hand I could be wrong, it was long ago...

It overwrites Ulgoth Beard store as well as Sorcerous Sundries one.
Actually, you could have easily checked this on your own: open mod folder and "store" folder therein. There's "ulgoth.sto" file which name speaks for itself and "sto0703.sto", which name clearly hints at area it's located at ;)

#31 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

Creepin,

Download the BGT version here and install order:

I think we'll start to test "Dark Horizons" at this place with the BWP:

07.03. The Lure of the Sirine's Call
07.04. The Stone of Askavar
07.05. Dark Horizons

08.03. Herbs and Potions Add-in for BG1
08.04. Thalantyr Item Upgrade

Do not install "Harder Enemies" component of current version it overwrites.

I installed mine before these directions came out (I installed it just before DSotSC), it install just fine and have not yet play tested yet. A Warning to All!

Only to let you know:

At the moment we install Dark Horizons like Chevalier does: Before Dark Side of the Sword Coast.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#32 Headbanger

Headbanger
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

Hello,

I have recently re-created some versions of bg1adventure and comforge. I have tested them on Tutu so far... However I did design the mods to be compatable with Tutu/BGT.

Sincerely,

Headbanger

I was walking a mile to Safeway and Ifigured this out. These are the only problems I know of...

Attached Files

#33 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

I was walking a mile to Safeway and Ifigured this out. These are the only problems I know of...

Eh... figured what out? What was the problem?

#34 Headbanger

Headbanger
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

Eh... figured what out? What was the problem?

Sorry, I did not use %tutu_var% in the dialog so tutu was checking and using non tutu stuff.

#35 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:01 AM

While ComForge may be working as intended on Tutu ( found that dwarf in FAI ) bg1adventure is complete failure, don't install this on easy Tutu installs ( didn't find that other dwarf in Beregost  :P ). 

#36 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:32 AM

Well, my apologies for unintentional disinformation, bg1adventure is in fact correct, it just spawns Magnus in Burning wizard tavern instead above fountain west of Landrin's house like in Dark horizons mod. 

#37 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 12:19 PM

Sorry for necroing this post but word of advice to anyone who would use this mods ( BG1 Adventure BGT/TUTU and COM Forge BGT/TUTU together with their associated patches ) in the future however this might seem improbable. Weapon proficiencies for all weapons in these mods use old BG1 ones so editing with NI is necessary.