31 replies to this topic

#21 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:33 AM

Like I said when you first posted your WeiDU.log

Those are separate mods from CoM Encounters, but yes, will cause issues - probably bigger ones than even this one. In fact, I'm wondering how you made it through BG1... :huh:

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#22 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:12 AM

:doh: Well, that was stupid :P Maybe I should learn to read the entire topic :D

He may have skipped past Durlag's (cause that's where I suppose most of the CtDs happen) but ... afaik, he installed only a week ago. And I'd bet a million bucks that a first-time-megamod-player CANNOT complete mega-BG (even on Recommended) in a week, even if he played 24x7 :woot:

(thinking of which, I'm contemplating an Expert install now :lol: )

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#23 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:29 AM

In fact, I'm wondering how you made it through BG1... :huh:

That's easy, as with the latest BGT's, one doesn't need the to be played through the BG1 part, as they can start in the BG2 part...

This might derail the old conversation a bit, but as it should be somewhat solved...

(thinking of which, I'm contemplating an Expert install now :lol: )

Extend the Tactical install with what? And be sure if you make it with BWSv8 to select the "Further customization of your settings"...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 August 2009 - 05:39 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#24 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:52 AM

Roger that :cookie:

Boy am I itchin to get me hands on the BWS :D I'm really curious to see how it unpacks everything into the BGII - SoA directory :P AND it seems to be really useful to test if you have all the latest versions of mods before you go about installing :coolthumb:

buuuuut, I should probably wait till SpellRev3's out. Considering it's done and all :P

EDIT: I shoulda mentioned what I'll probably install in the expert mods: Oversight, NeJ, the TDD kits (except Clerics), all the English expert mods (except mayhaps Cliffhistory and Spell-50) Ashes of Embers, some Divine Remix Cleric Kits and the alternate (blue) GUI (I just loved it from last time :D It's inventory screen ROCKS!!!). I think I'm all set for about 5 years of gameplay :P

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 25 August 2009 - 06:01 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#25 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:21 AM

HA! Don't doubt the perseverence of the unemployed!

But there were bugs in BG and I searched for threads and was usually able to fix them. Durlag's Tower was a pain because all the areas had the wrong entry/exit points. But once I figured that out, that was relatively easy to fix.

#26 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:00 AM

No way ... No freakin way lol :o

If you really completed a modded BG game in a week (completing every mod, including ALL quests), while fixing bugs and stuff within 1 single week .... then, I am really in AWE!!! :Bow:

I consider myself rather fast, using overpowered items, CLUAing stuff for recipes, using Ctrl-J for transport while exploring everything, not picking up random loot (opting for CLUA:AddGold instead) ... and it still took me 3 months to finish BG+TotSC in BWP v6 (standard install) and I later found that this wasn't everything ... as I didn't do every NPC quest there was :o

If you rushed through the main game, I guess you missed loads o content ... and that is a LOT!!! :woot:

I'll be in the basement, creating the million bucks I owe ya then :P Now, where did I put the minting machine ...??? :D

Cheers,
Lol

#27 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:10 AM

The only Ease-of-use cheat that I do when playing BG is CLUA-ing 6 boots01. Even then, I wait until I have 30k to "spend" on them. In my head, kinda representing "commissioning" the boots from a mage (I think 5k each is fair for what's basically a permanent expeditious retreat enchantment).

You're right, though, I normally ignore NPC mods (especially some of the custom voiced ones... I couldn't imagine listening to that EVERY TIME I clicked on them). The only reason I installed them this time around is because they were included in the auto-installer. A great mod would be expanding the party size from 6 to 8, so you can pick up spare NPCs from time to time (ex. I always feel awful leaving Mazzy in the Shadow dungeon for no other reason than "my party's full").

But, I fully explored every area I was presented with. Finished BG with a main char that was just shy of dinging lvl 10.

#28 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

It seems fairly obvious that Bio's intention was to have a core of 4 (warrior, cleric, thief/mage + char) with the other two slots being interchangeable. Especially since all of their romanceable NPCs are clerics (and would replace Jahiera in the core). However, I can't imagine playing the game without Edwin...

#29 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

Same here :cheers: Me BG and BGII games always end up with Minsc and Edwin by me side (although it sucks when they reach that fighting banter :crying:) When I get to ToB, Sarevok joins the party :D

And I'd definitely agree with Darpaek on some of the "voiced" mod NPCs, but not all of em are bad, Finch for instance, she has a pretty fitting voice and a great in-da-spirit-o-da-game-style portrait. Another one would be Gavin.

The worst I've experienced with regards to voicing would be Mulgore from the Mulgore-Xavia NPC pair. I literally freaked out when that big Orc-guy started speaking in a high pitch baby voice :blink: Maybe my install was broken then ... *sigh*

@Miloch: Aurora looks like a sweet mod :Bow: I think the current BWP uses one of its store pricing components or sommin. AGPRICE?? :P I reckon once the entire mod's released, AGPRICE would be replaced like CoM Forge was replaced by Dark horizons. Diablo boots FTW!!! :devil:

Oh yeah, I'm having ideas of creating my own BWP install lol :D With Tales of the Deep Gardens and Aurora in it :P When it's released, I'll be asking about the its suggested placement in the install order :cheers:

#30 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:29 AM

I'm not sure who I'm going to ditch for Sarevok this time around. My current party is Minsc, Jahiera, Aerie, Nalia/Imoen, and Edwin. I'm planning on romancing Jahiera (Vic's my normal favorite romance, but I haven't done J's romance in so long I'd figure I'd go again). I guess I'll ditch Aerie? I dunno.

#31 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:58 PM

Moved off-topic discussion here. :)

#32 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

ZOMG!! I totally forgot that admins could do these kindsa stuff :P

Thanks K :cheers: