Photo

Varshoon - an Illithid NPC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#61 -MaeVar-

-MaeVar-

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hello, Lava!

I want to make Russian translation of Varshoon for my best friend. Would you mind it?

And... I'm not sure how does it work: I translate all the files in the "Language" folder - and then... send them to you? :)

#62 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Yeah -- all the files in the Languages/English directory, then send me the files and I can update the mod with the new language option :) And of course I wouldn't mind :)

#63 gasp10

gasp10
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

i have a problem...he die one time and when i resurerct him i can't equip with his weapont...they are in they inventory slot but don't appear in the quck bar and i can't use them...

there is a way to fix it?

#64 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Honestly...? I have no idea. never heard of that kind of problem. You can try using shadow keeper and again place his items in the slot... nothing else comes to my mind...

#65 gasp10

gasp10
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

ok if i remove the item with the sk and reassign don't appear but it select the first so he have something equipped in hand.

Same thing happen when i poly him it "equip" the first weapont but don't appear in quick, only the punch and empty slot. 

if i replace them with normal weap they appear in the quick bar.

probably some variable on the weapont? or mod incompatibility? i have istalled gibberlings fixpack+itemrevision but before istalling this npc.

i will try to put them in inventory and than (if possible) equip them.

#66 -Secretfire-

-Secretfire-

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

You know, I remember getting this mod a looooonnng time ago, and ... I've never, ever seen the NPC in the game. Where in the world is he? It was never added to the readme. The forums say 'in the sewers' - but despite having looked for him, and probably played through the game several times (no small feat, we all know) since the mod came out, I've never seen any sign of him.

#67 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

Step 1: go to Tazok

Step 2: gut him

Step 3: take the key to secret sewer area

Step 4: go to sewers and find the door to illithid mini-area

Step 5: join Varshoon (but make sure you meet the conditions)

Step 6: have a nice cup of earl grey tea.

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 08 August 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#68 -secretfire-

-secretfire-

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

Do you mean the Illithid mini-area underneath the temple district, specifically? I just used CLUA to teleport myself into that last night, to look for him, but didn't spot him. 

#69 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

Well, yes. Not sure why wouldn't he appear. That's AR0711 and the exact point is [2761.1127]

#70 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

If there was a mod I could choose to get expanded this would be the choice. I came back and I still hunger for more content. I feel sad when I know that you probably won't release it.

Oh well, time to tame our power-hungry ilithid :P

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#71 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

I consider the mod finished and I have much better mods to take care of, sorry! :) Not to mention I should make some other of my mods EE compatible.

#72 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

By the way, may I ask you which one of the npcs you've made you consider the "best" one? :)

Edit: thanks for Varshoon. :)

Edited by Sergio, 14 May 2014 - 08:08 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#73 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

The one I'm working on :P (I think Petsy is on the 2nd place)

EDIT

Sorry! Yvette is on the 2nd place!

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 14 May 2014 - 09:15 AM.

#74 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

So petsy is the first place
and yvette the second.

Good to be known :). I will add these two to my compilation.

By the way, any chance you are going to release content related to your preferite npc anytime soon?

#75 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

Maybe.

Yvette is before Petsy. Yvette is much more complex NPC, but you need to romance her to keep her until the end of the game.

#76 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

can this be made to work with the EE?

#77 -V-

-V-

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:47 AM

Hello! After the visiting of Illithid's lair in Underdark Varshoon ate the Grand Brain and told that was his only goal and now he can leave, and disappeared from the group after that. Is there any chance that he'll return? If yes, when or where exactly that will happen? I miss him and want him back as soon as possible!

#78 romanticmisery

romanticmisery
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

My question is : is he compatible with BG2: EE?

and i must congratulate you on the character, pretty nice to have a Illithid on the team, what will we have next?

A Beholder NPC?

Edited by romanticmisery, 21 May 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#79 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:36 PM

Small banter bug in the Unseeing Eye :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#80 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:01 AM

Version 5.0 is up. The mod should work on EE, but note it's an "good for now" version of the mod and still may need some fixing here and there. But at least it will install and is now playable. Artemius_I really helped with the mod, it's mostly his update with some additional stuff from me. The final EE version will be up when I deal with some other things.