Vecna

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#281 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

if we have a BWP install (I did the Tactics install), should we just dump the contents of all of those .7s files from that post into our Override folder?

Damn totally forgot about this :P

Not into the override folder :D They should overwrite files in your BGII-SoA folder BEFORE the mod is installed :lol: All the 7zs have the folder structure preserved so it should easily overwrite stuff :)

Or youcould just run the BWPFixpack.bat, which should apply all fixes quickly (even if you don't install using the install.bat) :ph34r:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#282 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

if we have a BWP install (I did the Tactics install), should we just dump the contents of all of those .7s files from that post into our Override folder?

Damn totally forgot about this :P

Not into the override folder :D They should overwrite files in your BGII-SoA folder BEFORE the mod is installed :lol: All the 7zs have the folder structure preserved so it should easily overwrite stuff :)

Or youcould just run the BWPFixpack.bat, which should apply all fixes quickly (even if you don't install using the install.bat) :ph34r:

Thankms Lollorian. So are these files all part of the latest BWP Fixpack?

#283 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Yup :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#284 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

Yup :)

Awesome! Thanks Lollorian!

Anyone have word on Vecna v24? I haven't seen any post from Jube in a while.

#285 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

Finally there's a challenging mod! I've almost started thinking there's nothing to do for high-level characters instead of easy watcher's keep : D

The thing I absolutely love about this mod is that it consists of separate challenges that can be played in any order and if I feel like I cannot complete some of them for now, I can leave the astral plane and come back later. But somehow the central teleport stopped working after I completed a few battles =( I killed all those pit fiends, visited a few empty areas(wait, are they supposed to be empty?), and when I tried to go back, the central teleport which was supposed to bring me back to atkathla stopped working. Is it a bug or a feature?

#286 -mar-

-mar-

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hi, when I try to install the vecna mod it fails because it "cannot find .../override/aar000.tis (from aar.000.tis to aar.050.tis) ... what to do? In the override folder there is no aar.***.tis and I have no clue where to get them

#287 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

It doubt that's why it's failing to install, that might just be the last thing you see because it's trying to uninstall something it never installed, because it failed earlier. Post the textual contents of your SETUP-VECNA.DEBUG file in *SPOILER* tags (to collapse it so it doesn't spam the forum).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#288 -mar-

-mar-

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

Ok, here it is

Spoiler

and thanks for the help :)

#289 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

You should've seen this in the installer window, but maybe you skipped over it:

A mod has overwritten BG2 animations in your game. Extract IA_BG2_Restores.rar
to your vecna/restore folder.

An installed mod requires IA_Base_Anims.rar extracted to your
vecna/content folder.

An installed mod requires IA_IWD.rar extracted to your
vecna/content folder.

An installed mod requires IA_BGII_IWDII.rar extracted to your
vecna/content folder.

An installed mod requires IA_Wh_Dr_Wyv_LoP.rar extracted to your
vecna/content folder.

NOTE: Download all content from Spellhold Studios. Each content module is at
www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=98. Extract all archives
using the "Do not extract paths" option on the Advanced tab in WinRAR. Also,
make sure the "Destination path" on the General tab terminates in /content or
/restore after vecna (there are no subfolders beyond that).

For WinZip, make sure the "Use folder names" box is *unselected*. You should
end up with a bunch of .bam files and no subfolders in your "content" and/or
restore folders. Rerun this installer once you've extracted all content.

FAILURE:
Required content missing.

So you need to follow those instructions by downloading and extracting the required animation modules in order to install the mod successfully.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#290 -mar-

-mar-

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

hey, thanks...
I did this and everything worked well.
But now the game is running very slow and when I want to go to the bridge quarter it crashes... After uninstalling the mod, everything worked perfectly again... Are there maybe some complications with other mods? I installed check the bodies, innershade and tower of deception (all other mods are just NPCs and banters)

#291 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

For the slowdown, you probably need to install Generalised Biffing. For the crashes, you probably need to start a new game after installing/uninstalling any mods with significant content (like Vecna). If you've done that, make sure you have Logging On=1 under Program Options in your baldur.ini file and post the contents of baldur.err after reproducing the crash.

#292 -mar-

-mar-

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

hey, sorry to trouble you so much... but there is no such line as "Logging On" in my baldur.ini, should I just write it in there? (I've never played any game with mods or cheats before, so I have no clue about this stuff)

#293 -Jax-

-Jax-

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hey Mar and Sus, this is Jax,

Sus: It's a bug right now, the teleport system stops working after a few uses. When I was playtesting the mod (before Jube seemed to disappear) I had a root save before I used my first tele so I could explore all the areas systematically. Also yes, there are still many empty maps in the astral plane at the moment. The Twisted Rune and Lolth's lab complexes are filled however.

Mar: If you are playing BG2 for the first time I HIGHLY advise you to not add this mod. It is still very much in it's Alpha/Beta phase and is not compatible with many other mods (I've tried it with just about all the big picture mods). The only mods that really gel with this one at the moment are item mods ( highly over-powered item mods are actually pretty handy for this gameplay, as the difficulty of the fights is insane and without 8 or 9+ timestops I would have never cleared most of the content as-is).

#294 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

hey, sorry to trouble you so much... but there is no such line as "Logging On" in my baldur.ini, should I just write it in there?

Yes, add Logging On=1 under the Program Options heading.

#295 -mar-

-mar-

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

ok, thanks. last question: how/when does the story trigger? (I want to make sure, that the installation really worked). AND: Does it work with Check the Bodies? (I'va already learned some of the new spells, that's why I cannot uninstall this mod).

cu

#296 -Jax-

-Jax-

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

It begins by speaking to the hooded man in the upper right corner of the Council of Six building (government district). You can also get it started without that just by going to Ribald and buying the ring of astral travel. Beware though, some of the planes are empty/ sparse, others have HORDES of high level bad-guys. As far as Check the Bodies goes I can't honestly remember, but my hunch would be you will probably get some crashes along the way. No way to really be sure until you try. Good Luck ;-D

#297 Pewt

Pewt
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

A list of crashes I've encountered:

(note: I'm using Rolles recipes, Ruad recipes, Weimer item upgrades, Tashia NPC, Planar Sphere, Vecna w/ spell fixes and hotfix v2, G3 Fixes, G3 Tweaks, EPortraits, stuff of the magi)

-Summoning Shangalar Resurrected causes a crash immediately after the enemies appear (if you have Auto Pause on Enemy Sighted the game will successfully pause and won't crash until you unpause).

-Casting the spell "Hero" crashes the game immediately.

-Casting the spell "Instant Army" crashes the game immediately after the summoned units appear.

-The traps on the pipes in Android 0's room crash the game if you set them off (more specifically, the purple ball crashes the game when it impacts your character)..

Edited by Pewt, 19 May 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#298 Lycein

Lycein
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

Hi,

I have a little question, can i use the Bigworld Fixpack with Vecna mod, because when I used it, Bigworld skip Vecna cause some errors.

Thanks

#299 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Some item stuff :)

AAITM178.ITM error: Equipped Effect #0 Opcode (177) - Non-existent Resource (TB#VECNA.EFF)
- Copied TB#VECNA.EFF from Refinements as AAVECNA.EFF (moved into vecna/eff so it gets copied by the mod during install) and changed references to TB#VECNA into AAVECNA in the itm file. Also changed the parent item slot in AAVECNA.EFF into ARMOR

You can find fixed versions of the above items in the attachments in this post :)

#300 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

AACRE173.CRE needed some heavy duty hex editing to prevent WeiDU from messing it up in one of its fixup routines :P Details and fixed file in this post :cheers: