Photo

Vecna

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#321 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

"Like it could have been in the original game" is not really a matter of opinion, considering that the original game is an existing, set in stone thing!

Well, taking into consideration that the game is very much a personal experience for all of us, unless you play the game in multiplayer, in where you loose more of the games originality because the multiple player characters... and with the BWP's fixes and tweaks.. today the game is in fact very personalized. My opinion is that ever the Classic Adventures campaign is very close to the original games.
Now then, it's indeed a matter of an opinion... and I suspect that the words "Like it could have been in the original game" ... can be translated to Finnish a little differently than to Polish. Specifically if we add in the typical hidden middle meanings(or words) that people associate things with. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#322 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

Fair point, but let me postulate the following theory:

There's no way in hell a robot would be in BG2.

#323 Warmonger

Warmonger
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Well yes, that for sure. I have nothing against flooding dungeons with dragons (duh), demons and demigods, but mods could try to stay as close to original as possible. Especially in BG, which is otherwise very consistent in terms of lore and storyline.

Planar Sphere Mod has unbelievable storyline, but at least it pretends to stay within the realm.

That being said, i doubt I'll ever get the chance to play it :v

#324 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

There's no way in hell a robot would be in BG2.

Well, there's no way your foster father would ever turn against you in the BG games... ouh, but the dopplelganger in BG1 did.
There's no way you can find Solamnia Knights in BG2 from all the way from Dragonlance, totally different story-verse... ouh, but you do in the Planar Sphere.
-And no, there's no Aliens in the Prometheus. :devil: And the fun part of the Lucy movie, if you use a 100% of your brain, you can't think, and you can't even move, your muscles won't work in harmony and all that fun thing.

But the gods you can actually fight in the Prime Material Plane are not gods, but their avatars.

Edited by The Imp, 10 August 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#325 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Imp" data-cid="571155" data-time="1407693179"><p>
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Almateria" data-cid="571149" data-time="1407687019"><p>There's no way in hell a robot would be in BG2.</p></blockquote>
Well, there's no way your foster father would ever turn against you... ouh, but the dopplelganger in BG1 did.<br /></p></blockquote>
I'm gonna write an autobiography one of these days and boy is your face gonna be red

#326 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

I'm gonna write an autobiography one of these days and boy is your face gonna be red

Uuuh, is it going to be any red-er that it's now, I don't see how, but you are welcome to show me...

Yep, erhm yep, I mean in the BG games... do I look stupid, ouh yeah, that's one of my interests: Making ass of himself, on a daily bases. :devil:

But now we go back to the main subject, Vecna.

#327 Vonburen

Vonburen
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

Well, this mod is pretty much non canon (and I wonder what happened to its creator) however there is something funny in fighting 10 dragons at once or a whole platoon of demi-liches, especially if you're a sorcerer or a mage abusing BGII insane spellcasting, to be fair it is challenging but not IA- frustrating. The equipment is certainly over the top but it scales with the challenge. I'll leave it at that (I'll just pretend  my ascended post-ToB PC is fighting inside Larloch's crypt), moreover the mods doesn't have any major incompatibility (unlike some chinese mods I had the pleasure to test).

I'm also waiting for that French guy Pirates mod, so far it's  shaping up  nicely (and he's great at creating new areas).

#328 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

French guy pirates mod? Have you got a link? ;)

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#329 Vonburen

Vonburen
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

Old forum http://weiducommando...s-of-the-realms

New forum http://www.baldursga...pirates-realms/

#330 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:40 PM

Thanks. It's a big mod, it seems. :)

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#331 -mark z-

-mark z-

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

where are the 3 key parts . cant find the third part

#332 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:48 AM

where are the 3 key parts . cant find the third part

There are only 2 key parts at Throne Room (AAR031.ARE) in Twisted Rune Laboratory Complex.

Spoiler

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#333 klatu

klatu
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

For those who are unsatisfied with the mod's writing and lore: This addition of mine may spark your interest.

It would be great if the maintainers of Vecna could incorporate it into the main installation package.

(If I have somehow violated the terms-of-use of the original mod (I found no mention in the readme), tell me, and I will remove the file.)

Edited by klatu, 10 September 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#334 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:58 PM

Klatu, I came in to thank you for the mod you just released.

Edited by Sergio, 10 September 2014 - 11:58 PM.

#335 klatu

klatu
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:46 AM

Klatu, I came in to thank you for the mod you just released.

Cool.

I just uploaded an update. More errors fixed, removed references to some characters I missed before. So far, I have focused mainly on the dialogues and some of the original items in the mod. But there are probably still a lot of things left unfixed. Considering the size of the mod, and the fact that I am not a native speaker myself, it's unlikely that it'll ever be perfect.

The main goal was to make the mod feel more like Forgotten Realms and less like Dragonball Z fanfic. It's still cheesy as hell, and whether that's good or bad is a matter of preference. Personally, I found the grammar far more grating than the story.

#336 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:02 AM

Thanks - I'll update it. :D

Edited by Sergio, 20 September 2014 - 07:03 AM.

#337 klatu

klatu
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

@Sergio:

You do realize that the entire mod must be installed with my addition in place, right? My mod will have no effect unless you do a new installation of Vecna itself, with my files overwriting the original installation files?

Just to be clear: If you are are doing an install of BWP with the BWP setup, please make sure to select "Report and pause after extraction". Once it pauses and before resuming the installation, make sure to copy my files to the Vecna mod directory. Only continue once my files have been copied.

Hopefully, this step may become unnecessary if my work ever becomes part of the main package.

Until then, be sure to follow the instructions above.

I'm just mentioning it because a BWP installation can be a real pain in the butt. Just take care.

Edited by klatu, 20 September 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#338 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

Yes, I do know, don't worry, I've installed BWP like 30 times ~

#339 -Sergio-

-Sergio-

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

@Sergio:

You do realize that the entire mod must be installed with my addition in place, right? My mod will have no effect unless you do a new installation of Vecna itself, with my files overwriting the original installation files?

Just to be clear: If you are are doing an install of BWP with the BWP setup, please make sure to select "Report and pause after extraction". Once it pauses and before resuming the installation, make sure to copy my files to the Vecna mod directory. Only continue once my files have been copied.

Hopefully, this step may become unnecessary if my work ever becomes part of the main package.

Until then, be sure to follow the instructions above.

I'm just mentioning it because a BWP installation can be a real pain in the butt. Just take care.

and, by the way, your mod is the only reasons I'm going to play Vecna.

#340 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

okay, how do I start Vecna? I bought the ring, but all the locations seems pointless empty. Is there a walktrhough around ?