• This topic is locked This topic is locked
663 replies to this topic

#321 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

@Miloch: no antivirus and english OS, however you're right since the true name of the file should be "Ćaa.2da" (with a little comma).

There's no file like that that I'm aware of. It is probably either ĉaa.2da or £aa.2da.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#322 yogeebear

yogeebear
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

@Suslik: I have 3,3 GB space LEFT before biffing. Before installing I had 40GB.

@Miloch: My mistake. Still, the IA/content folder has four files ending on *aa.2da, which includes both £aa.2da and Æaa.2da - the ones you mentioned (a few days ago I changed my OS to english and started over), but the error log specificly says "Caa.2da".

Anyway, thank you very much guys, start over from scratch, see what happens.

Edited by yogeebear, 10 May 2010 - 02:28 PM.

#323 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

@Silinde Ar-Feiniel
should I search for a card that supports both 64 and 32-bit display?
Dude, there are no 32/64 bit graphics cards. There are 32/64-bit proccessors, and the value means how long the internal processor registers are. For example you are not able to use 64-bit memory pointers on 32-bit architecture processor. there is a 16/32 bit color in BGConfig - it's absolutely another option - it's about how many bits define pixel color on the screen. generally 16-bit is used without hardware acceleration at all, all nowadays graphics cards and displays use 32-bit color, called "true color". but if you encounter hardware glitches, you may wish to calculate all graphics on your CPU(it means without hardware acceleration) and use 16-bit color to speed it up.

Ok, I think I got it now. Thank you for explaining, I had no clue about these matters. Seems 64-bit win7 is the best choice for a monster pc. Yey! :cheers:

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#324 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

@Suslik: I have 3,3 GB space LEFT before biffing. Before installing I had 40GB.

Yeah, but you see the Gen_Bif actually needs to copy the whole override folder and then process the info in it to make the .bif files... which can be anywhere from 1 GB to 35Gb's (had it never been biffed before).
Time to go delete files, move them and burn a few DVDs. ;)

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#325 -gtbiking4life-

-gtbiking4life-

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

I'm playing the Stone of Askavar currently and I am trying to get one of the Talisman's. I found Lilly who gave me the scroll to cast on Rebecca. I did that and now anytime I speak with Lilly, she "has nothing to say". Anything I'm missing? or is this a small bug that I can fix with a command?

:cheers:

#326 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

@Miloch: My mistake. Still, the IA/content folder has four files ending on *aa.2da, which includes both £aa.2da and Æaa.2da - the ones you mentioned (a few days ago I changed my OS to english and started over), but the error log specificly says "Caa.2da".

WeiDU is not unicode compliant, so it won't always report the right filenames (though it can still copy them correctly, unless the codepage is off).

I'm playing the Stone of Askavar currently and I am trying to get one of the Talisman's. I found Lilly who gave me the scroll to cast on Rebecca. I did that and now anytime I speak with Lilly, she "has nothing to say". Anything I'm missing? or is this a small bug that I can fix with a command?

You're better off addressing specific mod issues in the mod's forum (which in this case is on chosenofmystra.net).

Edit: @yogeebear - make sure you get the latest IA content archives - some were just updated a few days ago, so you shouldn't have that many *aa.2da tables (I removed a few for compatibility with the new PS:T animations).

Edited by Miloch, 10 May 2010 - 05:49 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#327 yogeebear

yogeebear
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:30 AM

Thanks everyone! You learn something every day. :D

#328 barrind

barrind
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

Can I ask a quick question? I tried doing a standard install the other day and to cut a long story short I don't think it installed properly. It seemed to download most of the mods ok, it complained about some failing to unpack but reading on here the ones it complained about are pretty common, I told it to remove these from the install. It then started the long batch file process. After about 3-4 hours it seemed to get stuck, the last few lines in the dos prompt were...

Auto-Updating on behalf of [Setup-Tiax.exe]
Copying [Setup-Zalnoya.exe] -> [Setup-Tiax.exe]:
Auto-Updating on behalf of [Setup-Tiax] <done>
[Setup-Tiax.exe] WeiDU version 198
<setup-1pp.exe> Queried <pid=320>[WeiDU-Backup] WeiDU version 21700
[./CHITIN.KEY] 301 BIFFs, 52672 resources
[./dialog.tlk] 243435 string entries
[WeiDU-Backup] Using scripting style "BG2"
-

A screengrab of the window when it hung http://i230.photobuc...aldurs-hang.jpg

I didn't close the window and left it going overnight but in the morning it was still stuck at that line. I didn't know if this was the end of the install or not so I just closed the window and tried starting a new game of BG1. It seemed to work ok, but when I'd finshed the first chapter and had the Gorion cut scene I tried to leave the map edge and it crashed with an asertion failure. I thought it was a problem with the map so I manually downloaded the BP_BGT-Worldmap_V7.1.rar and installed it and that got the map working, but this has left me thinking the hang I had is a symptom of it not installing this mod as it should have since I checked and the file I manually downloaded was actually in the BiG download folder wit the same files versions so it should have installed it, along with god knows how many others.

My first question is, was that hang normal or was it a sign of a failed install? What should you see when it has sucessfully finished?

Second question is, I want to have another go on a clean install, but do I have to download eveything again or can I make use of the "BiG Worlds Downloads" folder I have from the previous attempt to speed things up?

Third question is, I am thinking of trying an install on my spare pc which is Win XP32 (main pc is win7 64) If I install the game on the spare to the same file structure I would use on the main, i.e. d:\BGII - SoA, could I just copy the contents of the BG folders from the spare to the main PC after it has finished? The main pc will still have the BG registry entries intact as I won't uninstall the game on the main pc when trying this, I'll just wipe the "Baldur's Gate" and "BGII - SoA" directories and dump the files across from the spare.

#329 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

The installation went half way through and stalled while trying to replace a locked setup, which was running in the background. The reason for this may have been a failure during the extraction of an nsis-mod or some weidu-issue.

You should be able to run the rest of the installation with the attached batch. Put it in the BG2-directory and execute it. It is the same as the original v9.1.2, but I removed all stuff between the SET-variables and tiax. Make sure you don't have any Setup-***.exe running in your taskmanager. Replace the setup-tiax.exe with a copy of weidu\weidu.exe and look for other setup-***.exe-files that have a different size then the original weidu.exe. Then run the batch.

Good luck.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#330 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

@dabus
The installation went half way through and stalled while trying to replace a locked setup, which was running in the background.
Hell, i've understood what that means just now. Encountered this bug a couple of times myself.

Some strange Tower Of Deception issue, but off. forum is for oh-so-elite members, so i'll ask here:
Spoiler

#331 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

Friends, can I use this mod into megamod BWP, eh?
http://www.shsforums...cr-for-bgt-v10/
And when I must install it?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#332 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

Friends, can I use this mod into megamod BWP, eh?
And when I must install it?

Yes... if you wish, you should install any mod just before the Generalized Biffing... so Use the BWS, use the "Further customization of your mod-settings", and un-select the Gen_Bif, and all the mods after (there isn't many), let the BWS do it's job, and the BiG World Install.bat do it's job... and when it's done, it quits before the Gen_Bif, just install your customization mods, then install the Gen_Bif and the rest of the mods that were to be installed.

Or you could edit the BiG World Install.bat after the BWS has done it's job, but you have to quit the auto started one and then edit it...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#333 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

The installation went half way through and stalled while trying to replace a locked setup, which was running in the background. The reason for this may have been a failure during the extraction of an nsis-mod or some weidu-issue.

Hi,

This seems to be an issue that happens quite often :crying:
Just an idea :doh: : what about using 'taskkill' or 'tskill' at the end of BWS (just before launching install.bat) in order to kill all setup-* process (I have understood that you have a list of all setup-* file in BWS) ? :lol:

Hope this helps.

#334 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:44 AM

You don't have taskkill under windows 2000.
I know that there are similar problems and one that messed up the install of the beta-version of the BWS, so I modified some checks and actions. I also said that I might backport that intop the current version if the solutions works but I have no feedback yet.

#335 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:41 AM

Updated: "BiG World Fixpack"

Version Beta 9.1.2 (11 May 2010)
- Added Lollorian's corrected CRE typos for "DSotSC" and "The Bigg Quest Pack"
- Added Lollorian's fixes for "Deeper Shadows of Amn"
- Added Lollorian's fixes for "Worgas NPC"
- Added Lollorian's portrait installation fix for "Summon Bhaalspawn"
- Added Wisp's Muggers not spawning fix for "Unfinished Business"
- Added Temujin's "Dark Side Kobolds" and "Improved Endbattle" fixes for "SCSI"
- Added Hoppy's demon spawn fix for "Kiara-Zaiya"
- Added Hoppy's Soulknife Innate and Party AI fix for "Song and Silence"
- Corrected BW Fixpack patch of "Victor's Improvements Pack" - SCSHOUT.BAF
- Corrected BW Fixpack patch of "Big Picture" - baltally.BAF
- Removed fix of "Every Mod and Dog"

The BW Fixpack contains only a part of the reported fixes of the "Fixes for the BiG fixpack" thread, but I want to release the BW Fixpack partially, so you can use the fixes during I expand the BW Fixpack further with the rest of the reported ones. So more will come.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#336 Greenhand

Greenhand
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:11 PM

Hello, I get an error when I try to install this. Something about BG not being installed correctly and some area-files missing. I did some google and learned that a patch could be the cause of this, and that it is supposed to be automatically corrected during the automatic install. When I run BiG World Setup, and press Continue after I have selected my game directories, all I get is the error message.

Someone knows what is going on?

#337 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

If you don't have the area-files, you have either not fully installed the game or some messy distribution. The game-files are not provided by any legal mod-installer.

#338 Greenhand

Greenhand
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

If you don't have the area-files, you have either not fully installed the game or some messy distribution. The game-files are not provided by any legal mod-installer.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Anyway, good job on this, the program is very user-friendly. :)

One day I will get this thing working!

#339 Greenhand

Greenhand
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:25 AM

Ok, so I reinstalled the games and it works now! A question though, how come I can only choose between Standard, Tactic and Expert version, when I am pretty sure there was a Recommended version as well in the BiG World Setup?

#340 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:33 AM

Because Minimal and Recommended are just some stripped down Standard versions which do not exist/are not listed as such in the batch. So you choose Standard if you have set up the mods for the Recommended or Minimal version.