• Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Custom Kits: The Spellsword
File Submitter: Argent77
File Submitted: 06 Jul 2010
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

A kit mod for Baldur's Gate II, Tutu/BGT, BG:EE (with or without SoD), BG2:EE, EET and IWD:EE

The spellsword is a fighter kit which features monk-like abilities together with many advantages of the fighter class. Because of the spiritual part of the kit your character now has two prime stats (Strength and Wisdom) to cope with.

The kit comes in two flavors. You can choose between a nerfed and the original version.

This is the full kit description which also can be read in-game:

SPELLSWORD: Not all fighters rely only on their physical prowess. Some of them also train their mind to use effectively in battle by creating spiritual weapons or clones of themselves. That makes them a dangerous opponent in all situations.

ADVANTAGES:
- Every 3 levels - starting at level 3 - he gains the ability to create a spiritual weapon of his choice once per day which lasts three turns. While this spell is active, he can freely choose between the 'Spirit Dagger' (a piercing weapon), the 'Spirit Mace' (a crushing weapon) and the 'Spirit Axe' (a slashing weapon), or choose to use his physical weapons with the 'Remove Spirit Weapon' ability.
- As the spellsword increases in levels, the weapon becomes more powerful too:
Lvl. 3-5: 1D8+1, +1 THAC0, non-magical
Lvl. 6-8: 1D8+2, +2 THAC0, +1 enchanted
Lvl. 9-11: 1D8+3, +3 THAC0, +2 enchanted
Lvl. 12-14: 1D8+4, +4 THAC0, +2 enchanted
Lvl. 15-17: 1D8+4, +4 THAC0, +3 enchanted
Lvl. 18-23: 1D8+5, +5 THAC0, +4 enchanted
Lvl. 24+: 1D8+5, +5 THAC0, +5 enchanted
- The weapon has no speed factor.
- On level 12 and higher the weapon will deal +1 random elemental damage (fire, cold, acid or lightning) per hit.
- On Level 24 and higher the weapon will have a 5% chance to slay the victim instantly.
- Up to level 5 the weapon will be used on specialized level. From level 6 to 11 it will be used on mastery level. From level 12 to 17 the weapon will be used on high mastery level. On level 18 and higher the weapon is wielded with grand master proficiency.

Un-nerfed version only:
- On level 8 the spellsword gains the 'Summon Blade Spirit' ability which calls forth a weapon that acts independently from the fighter. It looks like a floating blade and is invulerable to anything but magical attacks. The weapon attacks with a bladed version of the above-mentioned spiritual weapon at the spellsword's level. It will last one turn.
- Every 6 levels he gains another 'Summon Blade Spirit' ability.

- On level 18 the spellsword gains the 'Clone' ability which creates a lesser copy of himself once per day for two turns. It has 60% of the level of the spellsword with all its abilities. It can be successfully dispelled with spells that destroy illusions.
- Every 5 levels he gains another 'Clone' ability.

DISADVANTAGES:
- May not use missile weapons.
- Can only become proficient in melee weapons.
- May not wear armor greater than studded leather.

The mod is available in English, German and French.

Click here to download this file

#2 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

Looks appealing. I'll see how it performs in my Mac OS X ToB install, and report back.

Thanks!
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#3 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:29 AM

I’ve just made a quick test of the Spellsword in an EasyTutu installation and it works very well.

I guess the nerfed version is slightly underpowered in BG1 however, so I recommend to install the original version of the kit instead. At the end of the game your character probably will have two or three spirit weapons and one summoned blade per day. (No summoned blade when you install the nerfed version.)

Edited by Argent77, 07 July 2010 - 12:17 PM.

#4 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

I?ve just made a quick test of the Spellsword in an EasyTutu installation and it works very well.

I guess the nerfed version is slightly underpowered however, so I recommend to install the original version of the kit instead. At the end of the game your character probably will have two or three spirit weapons and one summoned blade per day. No summoned blade when you install the nerfed version.

No problem. I never use any nerfs :)

Thanks,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#5 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:18 AM

Quick update: I?ve just tested the Spellsword kit in a Baldur?s Gate Trilogy installation and found no problems so far.

Note: Don?t use the Ctrl+R cheat on the character while his spirit weapon ability is active. It will mess up the spell which results in a permanently active spirit weapon ability. This also applies for some reason to the blade spirit and the clone. It will stay forever and cannot be killed even with Ctrl+Y (in the case of the blade spirit).

#6 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

Very Nice Idea, it reminds me Psionic-Warrior ,
Emergency to try with the MultiKitBuilder (at least in my case),
Thanks, :D !

Edited by salomonkane, 14 July 2010 - 10:43 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#7 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

New version: Custom Kits v1.5

A new update is available after a long time of inactivity !

Big thanks to Deratiseur, who added a French translation to the mod and made it compatible with the Enhanced Edition games.

Changelog:
- Added French translation (thanks Deratiseur)
- Added EE games compatibility (thanks Deratiseur)
- Spelling fixes in German translation

#8 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 03:32 PM

great ;)

#9 JohnBob

JohnBob
  • Modder
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 06:12 PM

Hello @Argent77,

While testing some kits, I saw The Spellsword didn't work perfectly on EET, like Character class not displaying in inventory and some other stuff !

Everything seems fine if we add "EET" to "ACTION_IF GAME_IS" each time !

So not a big fix, but if you want to test it, here a temporary repo with .tp2 changes...

Thanks for this mod !

Edited by JohnBob, 16 August 2022 - 06:13 PM.

#10 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 01:18 AM

Hello @Argent77,

While testing some kits, I saw The Spellsword didn't work perfectly on EET, like Character class not displaying in inventory and some other stuff !

Everything seems fine if we add "EET" to "ACTION_IF GAME_IS" each time !

So not a big fix, but if you want to test it, here a temporary repo with .tp2 changes...

Thanks for this mod !

Well, actually I haven't really touched the mod for over 10 years. I'm surprised that it's still popular, since it was my (imo not so well made) debut as a modder. ;)

I'll take a closer look though and see if I can modernize the code.

#11 JohnBob

JohnBob
  • Modder
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 03:28 AM

Not too bad for a starting mod !

This needs confirmation, but The Spellsword seems reliable, spells and clones work fine !

If you don't mind me asking, could you give me your opinion about an outcome with another kit?

After my changes, everything seems to work, passive ability, ricochets, statistics....

But a glitch with weapon talents, at creation and level up...
All is good but some extra lines are added after the usual ones...

Not game-breaking but odd...

Here the original Warsling Sniper Kit for Fighters.... Here the changes I made for compatibility...

Here some screenshots

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Don't bother too much! But if you have any ideas...

Thanks !

#12 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 09:33 AM

New version: Custom Kits v1.6

Changelog:

• Cleaned up and modernized code base
  • Improved EE compatibility
  • Added EET support
  • Added Project Infinity metadata