Dragon Age II News

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#421 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

Wait, you found a dual-wielding rogue to be the weakest? Oh boy. I just put on some Momentum, stunned the enemy with Dirty Fighting and went to town thanks to Coup de Grace/Lethality. I ended up taking like 60% of party kills.

Well using the Accuracy talent in awakening I was able to crit the enemy just about every time I drew an arrow and hit for massive damage...Among with all the other talents it was a recipe for destruction...even on hard or nightmare mode just about every died quite quick...especially with 3 other teammates there too!

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#422 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

Grey Wardens have a recap of the dev chat available. It's a pretty good read, especially the loot changes part.

#423 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

Grey Wardens have some prospective romance options for Hawke in their A Thedas Valentine: Romance in DA2? article (maybe you'd like to avoid viewing the screens at work though). Isabela's romance was already confirmed previously, and now we have screenshots that seem to confirm romances for Merrill and Fenris. You'll see some people claiming that these screenshots are definitive proof of a romance track, but it could be less too according to Gaider:

Indeed. Let's not jump to conclusions about what you will or will not be seeing, or assumptions about the context of the screenshots in question. I know you will all do it anyhow, but realize that you are extrapolating when you do it, please.

Romances:
Isabela - male Hawke, female Hawke
Merrill - male Hawke
Fenris - female Hawke

My personal guess for the fourth romance would be either Anders or Sebastian for female Hawke. Incidentally, you may want to skip the screenshot thread on the social forums, it's... disturbing.

#424 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

come on bioware

tell me you're trolling

the rage would be hilarious

please tell me you're trolling

edit: damn, Merrrrrilllll looks like she's regretting this already.

Edited by vilkacis, 14 February 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#425 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

I'm calling dibs on the word Trollgate.

#426 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

The fourth romance is confirmed to be Anders. No word yet on who the same sex romance options will be, but the way the announcment is worded suggests that all four will be available to both genders. :wub:

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#427 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:43 PM

goddammit not anders anyone but anders

where is my hot sweaty dwarf mansex bioware

where is it

#428 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

The fourth romance is confirmed to be Anders.

Well, the Anders part makes sense then, they had some reason to bring him back. I really wanted to call this whole thing Trollgate though. Or do you think Colgate would have sued me for tarnishing their brand with a similar sounding term? Trollgate - rots your teeth right out!

No word yet on who the same sex romance options will be, but the way the announcment is worded suggests that all four will be available to both genders. :wub:

It doesn't seem likely that the other three would be like Isabela (confirmed romance track for male and female Hawke). Following BioWare's marketing tactics in Origins, I would guess that in terms of romance track availability Merrill is Morrigan 2.0, Anders is Alistair 2.0, and Fenris is Zevran 2.0. And Isabela is obviously Leliana 2.0.

So no third female romance for DA II (à la BG II), which leaves me with Merrill and Isabela. I'll go with Merrill on my first playthrough, as Isabela still annoys me somewhat.

#429 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

Well, here we go... BioWare has officially confirmed the four romances for Dragon Age II: Isabela, Fenris, Merrill, and Anders. There won't be any more barring DLC releases and one-nighters. Grey Wardens have posted some info/summaries, and Chris Priestly has posted character specific short stories written by the dev team.

NOTE: Don't read if you don't like spoilers. Also stop reading the short stories thread after the stories themselves, the rest is crap.

#430 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:25 PM

Does anyone else find it kinda cheesy they are reusing so many previous npcs? Or do you like the fact that Anders - Merrill and Isabella are in DA:2?

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#431 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

That's strange: given that Jaheira's author, Luke K., was writing Aveline, I was sure she'd be a romance-option-Jaheira-number-two. I guess they didn't want to do the "romance with the former husband barely cool in the grave" thing again.

Ah well. So, we have a slut, an abomination, and two elves(my stance on elven-human relations in the world of Dragon Age is "Definintely a Bad Idea"), one of them severely damaged by magic and another a blood mage. Is it just me, or does the "romance with the former husband barely cool in the grave" definitely sound more appealing now?

And neither Sebastian nor Nathaniel(who's not even an NPC) will ever be romanceable now. Ah well. I guess there's always fanfic.

#432 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

By the way, since David Gaider's characters are usually the best-written ones(Morrigan, Shale, Alistair, Nathaniel, Anders), it seems that Fenris is going to be the best-written option, since others are written by different women. Then again, Fenris is averse to touching, he is an elf, and since Anders seems to only like girls, Fenris is probably a male-male interest, which isn't so good, either. But I'm more concerned with the "mysterious origin" stuff, because the other Gaider's character with a very mysterious origin, Justice, turned out pretty poorly - he's rather bland in Awakening.

#433 Tieflingz

Tieflingz

SS Promotionist

• 100 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:02 AM

Backstabbing and Evil/Renegade-doing, but with the weapons shown on DAII for Hawkes I think the only thing left for me will be Evil-overdose :blink:

I hope they have features like ME2 when you've gone Renegade your eyes turn red and you have those synthetics showing up! Or I miss that somewhere?
I am: Human-Essentric (Halflings/Gnomes/Dwarves/Tieflings are favored)
Fetish: Backstab Ability (That includes Blackguards!)
Alignment: Mainly Any Evil and, to some extent, Chaotic Neutral
Nemesis:
Aasimar (Unless s/he's evil like Belueth the Calm)
Elf (I just don't like those pointy ears)
Paladin (You could guess why)
Weapon of Choice:
Short Sword/Thrown Daggers + Buckler

#434 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:15 AM

Does anyone else find it kinda cheesy they are reusing so many previous npcs? Or do you like the fact that Anders - Merrill and Isabella are in DA:2?

I'm not fond of Isabela or Merrill, but then I don't have much use for vixens in the party (who aren't my PC) and there's something about Merrill that turns me off. But I could not be happier with Anders making an appearance as a DA2 LI, especially with the changes he has undergone since Awakenings. I get the feeling that he is not going to be overpowering his foes with his rosy scent. ;)

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#435 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:32 AM

Also stop reading the short stories thread after the stories themselves, the rest is crap.

I'd probably just recommend against reading the thread at all. <_<

Does anyone else find it kinda cheesy they are reusing so many previous npcs?

Having returning npcs is a good thing... if it makes sense. So far, all the returning characters have prompted a reaction along the lines of "what :|" from me, so.

That's strange: given that Jaheira's author, Luke K., was writing Aveline, I was sure she'd be a romance-option-Jaheira-number-two. I guess they didn't want to do the "romance with the former husband barely cool in the grave" thing again.

Given the time span, this could potentially be handled much better than it was in BG2.

Fenris is probably a male-male interest, which isn't so good, either.

i'm sure you have a perfectly reasonable explanation for that statement

I hope they have features like ME2 when you've gone Renegade your eyes turn red and you have those synthetics showing up! Or I miss that somewhere?

There is no morality meter in DA2. That's like the only good thing they've told us about this game.

#436 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:48 AM

i'm sure you have a perfectly reasonable explanation for that statement

That was funny. :) You mean, women who won't ever date a knowingly bisexual guy are Evil? And wishing that a bisexual love interest was straight is Bad? Ha! THAT's bigotry big time.

#437 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

I'm not fond of Isabela or Merrill, but then I don't have much use for vixens in the party (who aren't my PC) and there's something about Merrill that turns me off. But I could not be happier with Anders making an appearance as a DA2 LI, especially with the changes he has undergone since Awakenings. I get the feeling that he is not going to be overpowering his foes with his rosy scent. ;)

I would have to agree for sure on the Anders part...but my first choice of Hawke will be the male version...and I am not sure who to choose for his romance option between Merrill and Isabella... <_<

#438 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

You mean, women who won't ever date a knowingly bisexual guy are Evil?

I was thinking more along the lines of "narrow-minded", but eh, close enough, I guess.

And wishing that a bisexual love interest was straight is Bad?

Here, I was thinking mostly "confusing". Speaking of which, I notice you haven't bothered to explain why a bisexual character "isn't so good", but that's okay; I wasn't really expecting a rational explanation anyway.

bigotry

Pot, kettle, overused idiom.

#439 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:57 PM

Hey guys, here's not really the place to argue about the wrongs and rights of homosexuality. If you want to continue the discussion I'd appreciate you doing it via PM. :)

#440 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

...yeah. Uh. Oops.

So! Dragon Age 2 is still going to suck, right?