Photo

BWP and mod bugs not yet fixed

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

Will update the list / try to answer questions / comment on news tomorrow after I recovered a bit from leaving Japan more sudden then planned. Good night.

#62 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

Miloch / Kivan & Deheriana Mod:
Posted Miloch's fix in the fixpack forum, but I guess the mod will eventually be updated. (Will update my entry)

Miloch/Legion of Hell:
Told it Leonardo, who's active in the Chinese forum. (Will make nnew entry)

smeagolheart/FFT:
The problem seems to be fixed - not included.

Prowler/Yasraena:
I don't really understand the problem. Both problems Leomar mentioned were fixed in the mod itself (v.10), as he said in the second post, therefore no BWP-fix is necessary. Not included, will ask Prowler if he overread that.

Edited by Fennek, 26 March 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#63 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

(Daulmakan’s) Item Pack MOD for Baldur's Gate II v1.4:
Component 0 "Item_Pack"
Some code is missing: After one finds a broken magic sword (D1SW1H00.ITM) on Abazigal, Cespenar says about two (English) sentences, followed by "no valid replies or links". The broken sword doesn't get upgraded to Mantooth (D1SW1H01.ITM)
http://www.shsforums...post__p__511724
In German, not mentioning more than I said:
http://kerzenburg.ba...18&postcount=42

TDD:
Like Kivan & Deheriana Mod, TDD also seems to overwrite Kivan's soundsets from Bg1 (and maybe even more soundsets).
Sent PM to Hoppy.

Edited by Fennek, 26 March 2011 - 03:28 PM.

#64 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

smeagolheart/FFT:

What do you mean, how is it fixed?

The FFT mod author has clearly stated no interest in working to get bwp compatibility with their mod. The fix that I linked to (made by a different forum mbr) does makes FFT compatible with the worldmap mod.

Without the modfix that I linked FFT's new areas will not be accessible they should be inlcuded.

#65 Xicloing

Xicloing
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

smeagolheart/FFT:

What do you mean, how is it fixed?

The FFT mod author has clearly stated no interest in working to get bwp compatibility with their mod. The fix that I linked to (made by a different forum mbr) does makes FFT compatible with the worldmap mod.

Without the modfix that I linked FFT's new areas will not be accessible they should be inlcuded.

The fix exists and will probably be integrated into the BWP Fixpack. And maybe Yovaneth will incorporate it into a new version of FFT, I think he stated he won't be working on megamod fixing, not that he is against those if someone else does the work.

#66 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:30 AM

@smeagolheart:
A proper fix (not just some "untested" code) is available and the modder is apparently aware of it and I assume that a big mod like FFT will be updated regularly, at least during the first months after it was made public. Nevertheless, I mow made an entry for the problem (fix available, has to be put into fixpack or implemented into mod)- just in case a new fixpack version gets out before FFT is updated (what should happen quite often after a big mod is initially made public). Thanks, will be one bug less, one way or the other. :)

#67 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

@smeagolheart:
A proper fix (not just some "untested" code) is available and the modder is apparently aware of it and I assume that a big mod like FFT will be updated regularly, at least during the first months after it was made public. Nevertheless, I mow made an entry for the problem (fix available, has to be put into fixpack or implemented into mod)- just in case a new fixpack version gets out before FFT is updated (what should happen quite often after a big mod is initially made public). Thanks, will be one bug less, one way or the other. :)

His fix worked in my bwp install.

#68 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Leonardo already put my fix for FFT in latest BiG World Fixpack v9.8.1.
Thanx smeagolheart. I'm glad it worked. I just quick-tested it.
I'm now through BG1 but looking forward to play FFT. If you find some bugs, please post it.

Just note for makers of BWS and BWS beta. When installing FFT, you must install new component "2" for BWPworldmap to work.

#69 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

Tyris Flare:
Small bug with an area script:
http://forums.gibber...ndpost&p=184437
How to fix: Read what 10th has written and put in a number between 0 and 15.
Modder is aware of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kiara Zaiya Sondsets (not really a bug):
Black Wyrms Lair causes problems from time to time, as we all know, so it might be good to upload the soundsets somewhere else.
Edit: It's already uploaded somewhere else, BWS-Link will be changed.
Will delede the entry in the list.

Edited by Fennek, 27 March 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#70 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

Improved Asylum:
The dialog with the leader of the advernturer group in the asylum doesn't trigger properly. I guess one has to change the "5" into a "1" to stop the endless buffing (post partially in German):
http://kerzenburg.ba...169&postcount=1

Edit: Posted it here:
http://forums.rpgdun...3.html#msg18053

Edited by Fennek, 30 March 2011 - 02:32 PM.

#71 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

NTotSC:
Mummy.cre in ar30pb.are breaks Korgan's quest, as that's a quest specific creature. It should be mummy01.cre.
http://www.shsforums...67
Solution: Never use Mummy.cre in a mod.
If you're not a modder:
Change spawn point 6 (assuming that you know what you're doing)
OR:
If the group (including Korgan) has not yet visited the crypt:
("SPRITE_IS_DEADMUMMY","GLOBAL",0)
OR:
Use Near Infinity etc. to open AR30PB.are, open spawn point 6, change Mummy.cre to Mummy01.cre.

Regarding the broken link above:
http://forums.rpgdun...3.html#msg18053

#72 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

Infinity Animations:

Red glowing Ghasts (whci hare in fact skeletons).

How to fix: Delede in the following row in setup-infinityanimations.tp2 (2407)

ACTION_FOR_EACH nb IN ~bhghoul2~ ~%tsu%ghast~ ~ghast01~ ~%tsu%ghastd~ ~%tsu%ghasts~ ~ghastsu~ ~gmayor~ ~%tsu%grael~ ~gron~ ~nevm3~ ~%tsu%sewerf3~ ~xghast1~ BEGIN

the following:
~ghastsu~

I assume Miloch etc. are aware of this problem since some time.
http://www.shsforums...55
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogue Rebalancing:
The Pen and Paper / prevent effects from stacking component (no. 9) seems not to work correctly.
Better use this one:
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking

Will post this in the proper forum later.

Edited by Fennek, 20 April 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#73 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

Finch Mod: Her glasses do not work properly; she automatically starts to talk whenever she was kicked out of the party, sent to a certain location and if one then enters the location she was send to.
http://www.shsforums...post__p__488624
Lollorian suggestet a solution below (and also found the thread at pocketplane before I posted it here):
Link zu pocketplane - Finch forum
Current state: Fix for fixpack ready; Jastey will fix problems at pocketplane, I think. Maybe it's even possible to change the code so that Finch doesn't automatically start to talk.

I have never had this retalk problem (several Tutu and BWP installs) so i don't understand why the fix.

But now i have a problem due to this fix. Finch doesn't have rejoining dialogue anymore. I have to do CTRL-Q to get her joined.

Here's a lot of "funny" stuff posted:
http://www.shsforums...-game-spoilers/
(Problem is that this is an old installation and many things might already been fixed... and there aren't enough information to figure this out)

There was always option to ask. Well now it's too late because i don't have that install anymore.

Edited by micbaldur, 20 April 2011 - 07:19 PM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#74 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

But now i have a problem due to this fix. Finch doesn't have rejoining dialogue anymore. I have to do CTRL-Q to get her joined.

Maybe it's a compatibility issue and several mods are involved. And regarding the problem: Wait about one minute and the dialogue should trigger. If you don't like the fix, delede it from the fixpack before you start an installation.

There was always option to ask. Well now it's too late because i don't have that install anymore.

I don't think that it would have been very helpful to go through an old installation with bugs which might already be fixed, which were posted in the respective forums (what is a very good thing) and where the installation order was also very different. (And I am not the one who will ask, having more or less no idea how to fix bugs...)

#75 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

Maybe it's a compatibility issue and several mods are involved. And regarding the problem: Wait about one minute and the dialogue should trigger. If you don't like the fix, delede it from the fixpack before you start an installation.

Well i don't know it could be. Previously i did have that 20h travel bug at Promenade and most of the others didn't have it.

As for the problem: I waited more than one minute after i noticed that there was timer but it didn't help. She doesn't talk and i can't talk to her.

This was only minor problem. I don't need Finch anymore.

I probably don't even remember this when i reinstall BWP. It's not that big problem i was only wondering why this fix.

I don't think that it would have been very helpful to go through an old installation with bugs which might already be fixed, which were posted in the respective forums (what is a very good thing) and where the installation order was also very different. (And I am not the one who will ask, having more or less no idea how to fix bugs...)

Sorry i meant that anyone can ask not only you (poor choice for words).

Keep up the good work. :coolthumb:

#76 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

I probably don't even remember this when i reinstall BWP. It's not that big problem i was only wondering why this fix.

Some people (including me) had the problem that Finch didn't stop talking. Well, if the fix doesn't help (I finally bought Dragon Age and therefore will probably not test it in the near future... :whistling: ) we should exclude it again, but I would prefer it if other people could confirm that they encounter the same problem under more or less the same circumstances, since the current problem is, at least in my option, less problematic than the old one.

BP, three problems:
http://www.shsforums...92

Imperishable Torgal und imperishable Troll in castle de'Arnise:
comment out the following lines in setup-bg2fixpack.tp2 :
lines 10198 and 10200
~kptrol03.cre~ ~override~
~torgal.cre~ ~override~
lines 10203-10205
PATCH_IF ("%SOURCE_RES%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "kptrol03" = 0) BEGIN
WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~kptrol23~
END ELSE
lines 10218-10220
END ELSE
PATCH_IF ("%SOURCE_RES%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "torgal" = 0) BEGIN
WRITE_ASCII 0x258 ~torgal2~ #8 // race script

Troll's head not available if the main component is installed and Improved Spellhold is not installed:
Comment out the following lone in setup-bpv180.tp2:
line24865
EXTEND_TOP ~AR1506.BCS~ ~BPv180/SPELLHD/SNIP/tAR1506.BCS~
but put in this line in line 24811.

Edited by Fennek, 22 April 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#77 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

(I finally bought Dragon Age and therefore will probably not test it in the near future... :whistling: )

"Near future" meaning the week and a half it takes you to play DA and get sick of it? :D

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#78 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Some people (including me) had the problem that Finch didn't stop talking. Well, if the fix doesn't help (I finally bought Dragon Age and therefore will probably not test it in the near future... :whistling: ) we should exclude it again, but I would prefer it if other people could confirm that they encounter the same problem under more or less the same circumstances, since the current problem is, at least in my option, less problematic than the old one.

I'm an idiot. :blush: I probably should stop posting because i always give wrong kind impression what i mean.

Leave the fix if it helps you and others i don't mind.

What!!! Dragon Age (like Miloch said sometime ago) Uh no :new_bottom: :P

Edited by micbaldur, 22 April 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#79 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

(I finally bought Dragon Age and therefore will probably not test it in the near future... :whistling: )

"Near future" meaning the week and a half it takes you to play DA and get sick of it? :D

I thought I was the only one to get sick of it in a week and a half :D . A nice game, but I still prefer BWP in the long run.

#80 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

@All: Well, I waited until the Ultimate Edition became available for 10 Euro... (bought Neverwinter Nights for the same price and never finished it.... :ph34r: ). And BGT / BWP is probably better, no question, but not all the time. :cheers:

Leave the fix if it helps you and others i don't mind.

I am also not happy with the current way, but it will take some time until Jastey goes into the details and prepares a proper fix for the whole issue.

IMPLEMENT INTO BG2-FIXPACK ONLY IF BP AI WILL BE INSTALLED, OTHERWISE THERE WILL BE TROUBLE FOR EXAMPLE WITH SCSII.

Imperishable Torgal und imperishable Troll in castle de'Arnise:
comment out the following lines in setup-bg2fixpack.tp2 :
lines 10198 and 10200
~kptrol03.cre~ ~override~
~torgal.cre~ ~override~
lines 10203-10205
PATCH_IF ("%SOURCE_RES%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "kptrol03" = 0) BEGIN
WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~kptrol23~
END ELSE
lines 10218-10220
END ELSE
PATCH_IF ("%SOURCE_RES%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "torgal" = 0) BEGIN
WRITE_ASCII 0x258 ~torgal2~ #8 // race script

Troll's head not available if the main component is installed and Improved Spellhold is not installed:
Comment out the following lone in setup-bpv180.tp2:
line24865
EXTEND_TOP ~AR1506.BCS~ ~BPv180/SPELLHD/SNIP/tAR1506.BCS~
but put in this line in line 24811.