• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#21 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:34 AM

They're from COM-Encounters.

Edit: You've already found it, thanks!
And I posted in the Solaufein FLirt Pack thread at rpdgungeon.

Edited by Fennek, 27 November 2010 - 04:36 AM.

#22 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:08 AM

:) L, I'd change that 3,1, 3,2 3,3 to something more random, as right now you will always get one of the three in a forest area, instead of anything in the upper block.

Perhaps 5,1 4,2 3,1 ?

And i am an idiot - if it is from Solaufein Flirt Pack, it is not Weimer's code! I will go investigate and then edit my posts above accordingly.

#23 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

:doh: Damn I hate random :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#24 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

Well, I have no idea if the problem comes from the Solaufein Romance or from the Solaufein Flirtpack... :(
Anyway, included some bugs with Finch NPC.

#25 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:59 PM

Finch Mod: Her first barter stops ("continue" end it);

Seems an easy fix :)

The banter looks for the file BIMOEN while actually, BGT uses the file BIMOEN2 for Imoen's banters :D (BIMOEN is BGI's banter file)

Same problem appears in Mur'Neth and Indira NPCs :cheers: I changed the BWPFixpack files for Finch cause the bug is indirectly caused by the Fixpack (normal Finch is not BGT-compatible) :lol:

Fire em away!

Also, a small query here ... in IndiNPC\Dialogue\Indi.d (BGT-version) we have:
CHAIN
  IF ~Global("J#indiimoen","GLOBAL",0)
      InParty("J#Indi")
      See("J#Indi")
      !StateCheck("j#indi",STATE_SLEEPING)~ THEN bimoen indiimoen
  @151
DO ~SetGlobal("J#indiimoen","GLOBAL",1)~
  == J#indib
  @152 
  == bimoen
  @153
  == J#indib
  @154
  == bimoen
  @155
  == J#indib
  @156
EXIT
Shouldn't there be an EXTERN after THEN?? :unsure:

Also, it'd help a lot if you could tell us which line she says even when she's kicked out :) (even if it's german :P)

Edited by Lollorian, 27 November 2010 - 09:39 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#26 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:11 AM

I can tell you the looping line in English (and be happy that no weird dialects were included into the English version... :D good reason to play the game in English...): The following dialog comes up simply if Finch is in the area (after she was already in the party), so one doessn't have to speak to her (and probably doesn't want to speak to her...) Finch says "Why, CHARNAME! I had hoped to see you again! ..."
If one chooses "No, I need differnt company...", the dialog ends and restarts after some secons. De facto one can only get her into the party or send her to another area to go on with the game...

#27 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

Damn that sucks ... the problem is that the relevant line checks for just the GLOBAL that gets reset when you kick Finch out :( How do we fix it? TIMERS! :D

Change in finch\d\sufinch.D:
IF ~Global("SUFinchJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN SuFinchKickOut
  SAY @157 
  ++ @158 GOTO SuFinchAlrightThen
  ++ @159 DO ~SetGlobal("SUFinchJoined","LOCALS",0)~ GOTO SuFinchSecondThoughts
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN SuFinchAlrightThen
SAY @160
IF ~~ THEN DO ~JoinParty()~  EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN SuFinchSecondThoughts
SAY @161
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~Global("SUFinchJoined","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN SuFinchRejoin
  SAY @162 
  ++ @163 GOTO SuFinchGoody
  ++ @164 GOTO SuFinchTease
END
to
IF ~Global("SUFinchJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN SuFinchKickOut
  SAY @157 
  ++ @158 GOTO SuFinchAlrightThen
  ++ @159 DO ~SetGlobal("SUFinchJoined","LOCALS",0) StartTimer("SUFinchKickedTimer",60)~ GOTO SuFinchSecondThoughts
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN SuFinchAlrightThen
SAY @160
IF ~~ THEN DO ~JoinParty()~  EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN SuFinchSecondThoughts
SAY @161
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~Global("SUFinchJoined","LOCALS",0) TimerExpired("SUFinchKickedTimer") See(Player1)~ THEN BEGIN SuFinchRejoin
  SAY @162 
  ++ @163 GOTO SuFinchGoody
  ++ @164 GOTO SuFinchTease
END
That (according to the IESDP atleaat :P) should give about 60 seconds to get out of Finch's sight before she gets her bearings together and talks to you again :D Might wanna report this problem over to their forums though ... They'll have a better solution :cheers:

#28 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:48 AM

Reported it at pocketplane. Let's see if anything happend and this dialog doesn't come up. No other NPC does start a "I want to rejoin"-dialog if he's not in the party and not talked to, afair... :wacko:

#29 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:20 AM

NPC-Flirtpack and Imoen Romance Mod:
http://kerzenburg.ba...4108#post954108
The Aerie romance stops if installed (or onyl if the Imoen romance starts?) Only partial compatibinlity.
Current state, Nov 2010: No idea

Imoen-Romanze might cause problems with Aerie's romance even without the flirtpack:
http://kerzenburg.ba...4108#post954108

Now this is a new one :unsure: Both links lead to the same post but from whatever I could make out, this block from ImoenRom\Eternal\Imoendia.d is the problem:

// This dialogue is obsolete now. It was a force talk for Aerie to break the romance whenever the player wanted. It is not proof readed and is hard coded. Feel free to uncomment it so you will see it in the game, but ONLY if you don't have the flirt packs installed.
APPEND AERIEJ
	IF WEIGHT #999
~!Global("PhaereFixMRAe","GLOBAL",1)~ 
	THEN BEGIN MRDC1
	SAY @4723
	IF ~Global("AerieMR","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~Nothing... just to tell you that I still love you, Aerie.~ GOTO BAMR3
	IF ~Global("AerieMR","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~Aerie... I don't know how to put this. The fact is that, well... I think our relationship is a mistake.~ GOTO BAMR1
	IF ~Global("AerieMR","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~I think loving a pathetic wingless Avariel was the most stupid mistake I've ever made. We are over, girl, go whine somewhere else.~ GOTO BAMR2
	IF ~Global("HadImoenDreamRomance2","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("WeTalkedOfItAlready","LOCALS",0)~ THEN REPLY @4724 DO ~SetGlobal("WeTalkedOfItAlready","LOCALS",1) ActionOverride(Player1,SetDialog("Player1"))~ GOTO MRDC2
	IF ~~ THEN REPLY @4562 GOTO MRDC1a
 END
Now since the BWP DOES use flirtpacks, you should comment this block out :) (by adding //'s before every line :P)

To make it more accurate, the BWP should ONLY comment this out if you're using the NPC Flirtpack mod ;) (which is almost everytime but still ... the BWPFixpack has like "_depends" folders that do stuff only when certain mods are installed)

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:42 AM

MTS Crappack regarding BP and Kelsey:
http://kerzenburg.ba...ad.php?p=953285
Question is, if these components are still necessary / make sense

Yea I know :P Double post but this relates to a different "bug" :lol:

Anyway, MTS' tweaks change all references of "WIZARD_TRUE_DISPEL_MAGIC" to "WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC" in those mods (Kelsey, d0tweaks, d0questpack) ... I'd figure those "compatibility patches" aren't needed cause ... *drumroll* ... they never get applied in the first place! :woot:

Have a look at Setup-MTS_Crappack.tp2:
BEGIN @48
COPY ~MTS/Questpack~ ~override~

BEGIN @49
COPY ~MTS/Ding0~ ~override~

BEGIN @50
COPY ~MTS/Kelsey~ ~override~
Now all those folders contain are uncompiled .baf's :D Unless WeiDU automatically COMPILEs .baf's right after a COPY, they aren't applied (and probably aren't in any BWP game :D) ... atleast by the crappack.

You could either ditch those components OR change those lines in the .tp2 to:
BEGIN @48
COMPILE ~MTS/Questpack~

BEGIN @49
COMPILE ~MTS/Ding0~

BEGIN @50
COMPILE ~MTS/Kelsey~
... which should do what MTS intended :cheers:

#31 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:16 AM

@Lollorian:
Regarding Imoen Romance and Aerie-Flirtpack: I think when I made the entries we didn't know if it is a problem coming from NPC Flirtpack or from Imoen Romance, so I made two. It was, however, the same thread... Sorry, might have been confusing. I also have no idea if Imoen Romance is still supported. Sometimes people say that the work would go on. If this is the case, the problem could be fixed in the mod. Otherwise, the fixpack would have to take care of that (with the dependencies, if possible). :)

Regarding MTS: Lich / 10th more or less said the same. THe question is, if it should be fixed, or if it's not (and might never have been... what I think) necessary. I will at least tell Leonardo to exclude the component. It's a waste of hard disk space... :P

(And I've not yet tested Hoppy's fix, will do this later, there're apparently some problems between the current version of SCSII and BP-AI's additional Ascension components...).

#32 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:10 AM

Otherwise, the fixpack would have to take care of that (with the dependencies, if possible). :)

And that is what the fixpack should do! :woot: WOOHOO!!! ROCK ONNNN FIXPACK!! Posted Image

THe question is, if it should be fixed, or if it's not (and might never have been... what I think) necessary.

Well, judging from the fact that those "patches" did nothing yet (even though they were installed :ROFL:) and the BWP hasn't been seeing any specific incompatibilities between BP and anything else (except SCS but that's obvious :lol:)... And also considering that BP has become advanced-nuclear-psycho-rocket-science-with-sprinkles-on-top in its current state, yeah, I'd reckon you can ditch those :D

But a fix is still in order for the overly paranoid ;) Over to the fixes thread mate! :P

Edited by Lollorian, 01 December 2010 - 07:11 AM.

#33 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

Ye-Ha! :cheers:
I updated the first post (movede some descriptions of problems, included the BP-Ascension and SCSII stuff) and will do another update when Worldmap v 8 is officiall released, probably eliminating another problem. :)

#34 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:27 AM

Tested Hoppy's code from here http://www.shsforums...post__p__501418
Spoiler

I suggest that this fix should be put into the fixpack. As it seems, A2ma1700.bcs and Amap1700.bcs have to be patched, depending on what is in the respective file (one contains two guys, the other one the remaining ones).
Reason: That not always InParty("Kiara") is the trigger is obviously a bug / mistake in the code. Four guys without their leader (who starts the dialogue) stand around rather stupidly. To add the chapter (what also worked fine) should also be helpful to let them spawn all together at the proper time. :)

#35 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

Aye capitan! :D

On a really unrelated note, I FINALLY managed to get my BGII-ToB install working! :coolthumb:

#36 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

Thanks again, guys! :cheers:
@Lollorian: Congratulations. I'll try my own installation over Christmas, I guess... However, there're several LP's of BG2 etc. available on youtube, so might actually let someone play for me... Don't know yet...:rolleyes:

Kiara-Zaiya isn't supported anymore, isn't it? Will send Graoumf, who seems to be responsible, a PM regarding the fix.

Edited by Fennek, 04 December 2010 - 08:00 AM.

#37 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

-deleted-

Edited by manwe858, 09 December 2010 - 07:09 PM.

#38 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

The Trimpack/Borkpack (9.5) causes big bugs by overwriting the BP-BGT-Worldmap tp2. Additionally, version 8 does not need to be trimpacked.
Also, I should point out that it's an incredibly bad idea to go overwriting files like that.

Edited by Wisp, 11 December 2010 - 02:18 PM.

#39 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

Sure it's bad but it's nearly the only option for Lol if
-he (still) does not have this "BWP Patchstudio"
-does not have an idea of creating patches in "batches"
-the Trimpack maintenance stopped

I mean, I could throw the Borkpack out for starters or use the 8 months old Trimpack, but I'd still like to have a current patch-solution somehow (if possible).
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#40 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

Damn that was stupid on my part :unsure: ... yea I completely forgot about the Borkpack :lol:

I trust Wisp on that and removed the BP-BGT-Worldmap.tp2 :) Btw, anyone willing to donate the Worldmap v7.1 .tp2 (just for comparison purposes, nothing nasty :lol:)

Until I get a working BGT-BGII-ToB-BWP setup (or atleast download and extract all the mods in the linkliste™ :D) - probably by Jan - I'll have to work with stuff that's current'y on teh internetz or file donations from you guys :P

Attached Files